Hello everyone! :classic:

This is another Jeep which I built while leaving some unfinished projects on the shelf. For three months I have had no time for LEGO mainly because of my nursing job. (Did you see Wolverine taking care of Professor X in the movie "Logan"? I do something like that :grin:)

I really needed to take a new step forward for my motivation. Instructions of former two MOCs are still work in progress. I am sorry to keep you waiting.

Jeep Wrangler

800x450.jpg

Weight: around 1100g (with hardtop)

-2 L motors for propulsion

-M motor for steering

-Front and rear open differential

-Linked pendular suspension without shock absorbers

-Openable hood, doors and tailgate with lock

-LED for headlights

-Detachable body

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

The chassis is not realistic at all. It was new to me to build the suspension without using shocks. It even doesn't have sway bars. Suspension travel is long enough for this scale.

800x450.jpg

It worked fine when driving over small obstacles. But on a steep incline (40+ degrees), it became unstable and tended to roll over sideways. That move was understandable because it had no anti-roll mechanism.

800x450.jpg

I tried to put the battery box close to the center as possible for better weight distribution. Passenger seat was sacrificed for it, but the whole model with hard top is still slightly rear-heavy.

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Jeep Wrangler is known as one of the most modifiable vehicle on earth. So I made a few options such as 2-piece hardtop, tube doors, bumpers and another color scheme. But the best way is building more realistic chassis for this body. Unfortunately I could not make it this time. Maybe in the future...

800x450.jpg

Building instructions for red version with those options above available at Rebrickable.

I hope you will like it! :wink:

800x450.jpg

Edited by Madoca 1977

Awesome work as usual! I did a similar suspension setup a while back (also on a Jeep Wrangler, coincidentally), but I used geared turntables instead of links to do it. IMO one of the most responsive and simplest ways to do an off-road suspension, although not realistic at all. Also, love the way you secured the body with the runners. Might use that on my Nissan X-Terra :grin: 

Thanks! The truth is, I remembered your Jeep Lower Forty and used your technique in a smaller scale. :laugh:

Edited by Madoca 1977

Amazing! - just like all your MOCs are :sweet:.

The grill is really well done, and so is the hood - it's so smooth and perfectly shaped!

The only thing that doesn't look right is the axles protruding from the wheels - but really, it not that bad.

Overall, it's just another great MOC from @Madoca 1977. :laugh:

So many attention to details :thumbup: For small scale shape is perfect!

Can't wait to put my hands on it:wink:

Awesome car. Very interesting suspension approach. Not like in real Wrangler, but who cares, when it offers incredible articulation, while being so compact) I think this is the MOC that will convince me to buy rechargeable battery box.

53 minutes ago, Madoca 1977 said:

Thanks! The truth is, I remembered your Jeep Lower Forty and used your technique in a smaller scale. :laugh:

No way, that's too cool :classic: 

Nice! 

But those axles. I see that thing pretty often in other (from different builders) MOCs.

Edited by Jurss

Fantastic design of the chassis and the body. I really don't mind the unrealistic suspension - it looks great and as has been said - it is really reliable and efficient! Thx for the instructions.

Very nice moc. I really like your approach to make body easy removable module :)

Amazing as usual. The suspension is very creative and works perfectly. Along with that, the MOC is beautiful. Yet another creation that adds to your growing collection.

Wow another fantastic MOC to build. I really like the chassis concept and it looks like it works great for the scale. Thanks for the instructions.

Great job again. I find this to be the most effective off-road suspension in LEGO MOCs. Your iteration is great, and I'm happy to see one of you MOCs utilizing it. Well done.

Yet another incredible MOC, I like the suspension a lot, I had an idea like that and was going to use it in one of my crawlers but never did.

Because of the way the suspension was made when it travels does it change the steering angle?

Lovely jeep:thumbup:

And a very nice parts usage for the large actuator holder in the steering setup:thumbup::thumbup:

As usual, the lines on your model are just so clean :wub:

Another superb model from you, I really like that suspension setup. It's a shame I won't be able to build it for a while, due to having many things already built...

That is a really cool Jeep you got there, i really like the design of the suspension, it reminds me of some small Unimogs i had made years ago, but this Jeep really shows how good this kind of suspension can work, the steering is really brilliant too, and the body and all the details just make this model even better, i really like it :thumbup:.

This is a brilliant build. The cosmetics and functions are amazing for a small build. Love it!:wub:

10 hours ago, JJ2 said:

Because of the way the suspension was made when it travels does it change the steering angle?

The move of front axle does not affect steering angle.

1 hour ago, jorgeopesi said:

Awesome MOC, 1 or 2 studs narrower would have been even better IMO.

Wheels could be used inside-out. That would be narrower looking, but 5.5 axles were sticking out to much. For those who can cut axles or use non-official parts, putting wheels inside-out is better way.

Wow! This is an excellent model, I really like the suspension, though when I have tried it, I also problems with stability. The body is great, I love the connections with the running boards. :thumbup:

Thanks for the instructions! :classic:

Hello

This looks terrific!

You always find a way to surprise us, Moc after Moc.

I particularly like the pendular suspensions. It makes me think to Pippasseyoyoy's Mocs.

Well done.