Rick

2018 City Sets - Rumours and Discussion

3 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

60179 helicopter, skiing rescue (great vehicle)

60181 Forest vehicle (great vehicle)

Thanks for the info Sir von Lego.

I like the sound of these two and looking forward to seeing photo's of them.

I hope that the Helicopter in 60179 is a decent size, something similar to the one in 60138 High Speed Chase or 60123 Volcano supply Helicopter but maybe as big as 60166 Heavy Duty Rescue Helicopter from the Coast Guard theme and have at least 4 mini figs ie Pilot, Rescuer, Casualty and ski piste patroller as 60164 Sea Rescue Plane has to few minifigs with only 2, But as it is from the great vehicles I reckon it would have 2 or 3 minifigs. I wonder if this could be an update of 7903 Rescue Helicopter from 2006.

And hoping 60181 is something similar to a Ponsse Forwarder http://www.ponsse.com/products/forwarders or Haarvester http://www.ponsse.com/products/harvesters

Apart from 60181 Forest Vehicle the selection sounds completely uninspired.

However no ambulance in the great vehicle range raises my hopes of a hospital in the summer offerings...

7 hours ago, Sir von Lego said:

60177 Jet (Blue red, small vehicle)

60178 Rocketcar (orange, small vehicle)

60179 helicopter, skiing rescue (great vehicle)

60181 Forest vehicle (great vehicle)

60182 Pick-up and camper

60183 helicopter-Transport

60180 Monster Truck 

This year had the best selection of great vehicles in a while (Boat and Pizza Truck) - next year has nothing. Was hoping for an Ambulance, instead we get more Helicopters, Monster Trucks, Campers... Sad!

Edited by just2good

On 13-7-2017 at 8:14 AM, MAH4546 said:

Huh? In the U.S. there are police everywhere, including rurual swamps and forests, which where the basis for previous City police themes. 

Don't you know it!

About an city/explorers subtheme, mountaineering might be something.

Edited by GeoBrick

Still no Ambulance or Hospital items, Lego really are missing a trick here, they need to add something along those lines soon!

3 hours ago, chrisb2012 said:

Still no Ambulance or Hospital items, Lego really are missing a trick here, they need to add something along those lines soon!

Not from City but TLG did release an ambulance and hospital in Friends.

51 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

60173 Mountain hideaway, big police helicopter, mountain with gangsters hut, gangsters buggy, 4 minifies, one bear

Is the bear similar to the polar bear mould or is it new?

60174 Headquarter of mountain police, with headquarter, 2 helicopters (1 gangster, one police), bike, car, 6 minifigs, one "mountain cat", one gangster disguised like a tree

Is it the same mould with new colour or print?

60184 mining team, 4 minifigs, starter pack

Very glad that we are returning to 4 minifigs starter pack.

Thanks a lot for the info!

56 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

60171 Pursuit through the mountains, 4 minifigs, like a starter pack, and a new piece looking like a bee yard 

Thanks for the new info! Great that we get new animals. Can you clarify what you mean by bee yard? I am hoping that this is a typo and it might be another animal piece!

Assuming 'mountain cat' is a puma recolour of the big cat mould, and hope the bear is a new colour too 

59 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

Beeyard is the home from our beloved bees.

the bear is the same mould.

the cat probably is a recolor of the 2017 one, but all pics are very "in a not finished stage"..

Thank you for the great news! This sound like one of the most useful police waves of all time :thumbup::wub::thumbup:
I was hoping for a puma when I heard about the wave, the bear is a bonus :sweet: If we are lucky it is a black bear, but the grizzly bear from forest police is also fine :grin:

I wonder if the mountain police and mining sub-themes are tied together ?

I'm not sure if I want to have another rural-ish police station I have the forest one in my City collection tub still. The mining sets on the other hand could easily be added to my other mining sets from all those years ago.

A bear?

A bee hive?

Mountain police?

Is this like...... Yogi Bear?

I wouldn't be surprised if there is a new bear cub mould or a Jellystone Park sign somewhere in the sets....

Is the gangster that looks like a tree wearing a tree suit by any chance? I would love that. And what about trees in general, are there some pine trees in the sets?

On 7/15/2017 at 7:17 PM, Borex said:

Is the gangster that looks like a tree wearing a tree suit by any chance? I would love that. And what about trees in general, are there some pine trees in the sets?

deleted

Edited by Sir von Lego

5 minutes ago, Sir von Lego said:

It is something like banana man from the CM series, to put on a torso and head.

there is a brick built tree in 60171. And one small moulded one in 60174.

Owww that sounds cool! Thanks for the info. 

Tree man is a funny idea. I like it! And animals sound cool ( I was looking for a bear!)

I don't know what to expect with gold mine. Open space or more like a wall? Or a tunnel?

I'm glad the bear is back! It sounds like it's in a medium size set which is good! I'm also glad a mountain lion is included as well as a bee nest/hive.

Looking forward to those sets!

So happy to hear about the bear and mountain cat.  I'll assume a black bear and a mountain lion.  Both would be fantastic.  Even if it is the brown bear again, I'll be happy.

If only we could get mountain sets with a mountain goat!

Presumably 60175 is the retail exclusive. So what are we missing? Police dog van tracking bad guys or a small police plane? Maybe one of the criminals will be disguised as a mountain goat ( if they can do a silly tree costume)

A beehive. Probably a printed cone piece i guess. 

the introduction of the big cats and all the smaller animals in the cmf series, makes you long for more and more animals. Deer, mountaingoats, beavers, woodpeckers and birds of prey. Etcetera etcetera

Just now, Borex said:

A beehive. Probably a printed cone piece i guess. 

the introduction of the big cats and all the smaller animals in the cmf series, makes you long for more and more animals. Deer, mountaingoats, beavers, woodpeckers and birds of prey. Etcetera etcetera

Beeyard .... Not beehive. It's very easy to mess up the message here as we pass along the information but SvL didn't mention beehive.

a beeyard, I suppose, should look something like this:

1.jpg