Bob De Quatre

[MOC] The Running Flamingo

The Running Flamingo, piloted by Flora Saint-Clair, is the Western Europe Federation's team in the World Running Championship.

35779944626_d495e1fc6d_c.jpg

35010497303_0db018ecf5_c.jpg

35779955366_2608778cb5_c.jpg

35779940956_192e54dfd1_c.jpg

Another runner? Nice, perhaps you will be a trendsetter with this genre here! To me, these runners are to mecha what GARCs are to spacecraft. I certainly hope to see more of these done by others in the future. :sweet:

Now I'm really liking this one's usage of the hot air balloon pieces, giving it a certain sleekness, and the daintiness of the legs are a very nice juxtaposition to the body of the runner. Also, I really like the usage of the radar dishes on the upper legs, something done on the joints of other mecha creations I've seen. It gives the mechs an almost muscular look to them. :thumbup:

Wow @Bob De Quatre, this is so cool! Awesome build, great use of the balloon pieces, and the color is perfect for the feel of the model! Thumbs up!

P.S. Is this a genre? Because these "runners" you make are so cool! Hope to see more!

I saw this one the other day on bricknerds page. Really cool build. Especially with the way you used the pink balloon pieces to create elegant organic shapes together with the more mechanical looking elements. Just beautiful and super impressive. This is really one of those showcase builds about the creative use of parts! :classic:

This is brilliant!! A great concept and perfectly executed!! Great use of the balloon parts....Now is it just me that thinks it looks like a futuristic version of Penelope Pitstop's car in "Wacky Races"? Hmmm.... a "Wacky Runners" theme?

Nice work!!

Thanks guys  :blush:

Btw I've made a police version of that mech, and I'll display them (I made 2!!) in a future city collaborative diorama I'm working on for the end of september. I'll probably post it before though.

On 10/07/2017 at 4:14 PM, LegoMonorailFan said:

Wow @Bob De Quatre, this is so cool! Awesome build, great use of the balloon pieces, and the color is perfect for the feel of the model! Thumbs up!

P.S. Is this a genre? Because these "runners" you make are so cool! Hope to see more!

To answer your question (and other's), I liked the idea of a running mechas championship. It's completely stupid (why use legs and not wheels?).

2 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Thanks guys  :blush:

Btw I've made a police version of that mech, and I'll display them (I made 2!!) in a future city collaborative diorama I'm working on for the end of september. I'll probably post it before though.

To answer your question (and other's), I liked the idea of a running mechas championship. It's completely stupid (why use legs and not wheels?).

Stupid?! No way! I think it would be awesome! Imagine the pod racing scene from Star Wars Episode one where instead of pod racers you'd have "Runners". That would be so cool! 

Also, looking forward to seeing your police Runner! :sweet: BTW, is the color scheme for your police Runner based off of SP1, SP2, SP3 or an original color scheme?

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Just now, LegoMonorailFan said:

BTW, is the color scheme for your police Runner based off of SP1, SP2, SP3 or an original color scheme?

Black and white

4 hours ago, Bob De Quatre said:

Let me guess, the police runner is pursuing other runners for speeding? :laugh: