The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 2nd Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 3rd Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 4th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 5th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 6th Chapter

The Secret of the 8 Provinces - 7th Chapter

33569010493_6d4ca30e5e_z.jpg

Captain Cookie continued:

The weather was turning worse by the minute. A terrifying storm had come and the pirates were in hot pursuit of the silver-loaded 8 Provinces:

35644633962_6edf796fc8_z.jpg

De Ruyter had his men load the guns but the fast pirate ship was moving carefully not to fall prey to the 8 Provinces broadsides.

The pirates were using their guns to shoot at sails and rigging...

35644632352_d9cc2d2d7e_z.jpg

.. but then finally Paul de Ruyter had carried out the perfect manoevre

and the 8 Provinces was ready to send the pirates to the bottom of the sea.

35644630262_6bc7bfb971_z.jpg

.. all guns were fired ...

35644625122_459c7d7df5_z.jpg

... the 8 Provinces delivered a devastating broadside.

35003915113_dac9ff50fe_c.jpg

The pirate ship was severely damaged and began to sink - but the evil gang of cutthroats was still able to fight back one more time.

35003911593_1393aee219_z.jpg

With a lucky strike they hit the fore-mast of the galleon. It came down with the crash of thunder, rendering the 8 Provinces almost immovable and causing her to heel.

Water poored in through the open gunports .... the 8 Provinces was doomed.

35003908763_50d91668b8_z.jpg

And so were the pirates...

35003906873_e62ba5009d_z.jpg

They went down and not a single evil soul survived.

"And the 8 Provinces?" Lady de Summer asked.

She sank only minutes later.

35003905083_bdceffc6bd_z.jpg

"Did anybody survive?"

[to be continued]

C&C Welcome

That background is amazing (same for the mini ships:pir-laugh:) ! Looking forward to the next part of this!

Yes, I like lego backdrops! :thumbup: I have been thinking about playing around some more with that. Yours came out nice. Cool change between different scales.

Now I want to play some more Black Flag again (Assasins Creed).

Indeed great background- and neat mini ships! I think the use of those slopes for sales is new to me. 

And of course the action shots are fantastic. Good ol' ice cream balls never let you down.

Edited by Jacob Nion

Great naval action scene! Nice job on the brick built background and alternance between mini-scale and minifig-scale. Aaannd as I've said before, the 8-provinces is really a fine ship.

As others have said, the background in for the micro shots is great - nails the cloudy atmosphere!  Great job showing the action with the pictures! :thumbup: 

On 9.7.2017 at 3:57 PM, Legostone said:

That background is amazing (same for the mini ships:pir-laugh:) ! Looking forward to the next part of this!

Thanks!  (I should have edited the yellow brick to look more tan, then the miniatures would be closer to the originals, but ok...)

23 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Yes, I like lego backdrops! :thumbup: I have been thinking about playing around some more with that. Yours came out nice. Cool change between different scales.

Now I want to play some more Black Flag again (Assasins Creed).

:sweet:

I have not played that. How does it link to my MOC?

11 hours ago, Professor Thaum said:

This miniscale showdown is really well staged !

The storm background and the heavy sea (with foam) are great so are the miniship.

You have spotted the foam! :thumbup: I wasn't sure about the foam so it is only on the first picture..

9 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

Indeed great background- and neat mini ships! I think the use of those slopes for sales is new to me. 

And of course the action shots are fantastic. Good ol' ice cream balls never let you down.

No decent battle without those ice cream balls! :pir-laugh:

8 hours ago, Bodi said:

Great naval action scene! Nice job on the brick built background and alternance between mini-scale and minifig-scale. Aaannd as I've said before, the 8-provinces is really a fine ship.

Thanks - but now she is gone!  :pir-oh:

(need to go for sister-shipping..)

2 hours ago, Kai NRG said:

As others have said, the background in for the micro shots is great - nails the cloudy atmosphere!  Great job showing the action with the pictures! :thumbup: 

I was taking the pictures during a storm outside!  (well, that is not true :pir-grin:)

Oh no! - what a tragic turn.  Love that stormy background though! :pir-grin:  Excellent job portraying the story and with those microships as well - and in case I didn't mention it before, the 8 Provinces' lanterns are just wonderful!  Great work, can't wait for more! :excited:

6 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

I have not played that. How does it link to my MOC?

Reminded me of sailing in the game, when a storm brews up. Especially the black shape in the middle. It caught me thinking, "Oh no, is that a cyclone forming?". I guess that feeling must be bad for sailors, even to this very day.. The game is set in the early 1700's. Lots of great inspiration. You visit a lot of the places that was in the series Black Sails. I recommend both.

Also, I liked it best with the foamy parts. I think it adds depth and contrast. If you think they are too bright (I don't), try a few transparent clear instead of the white.

17 hours ago, Garmadon said:

Oh no! - what a tragic turn.  Love that stormy background though! :pir-grin:  Excellent job portraying the story and with those microships as well - and in case I didn't mention it before, the 8 Provinces' lanterns are just wonderful!  Great work, can't wait for more! :excited:

Thanks.  Let's see what the story will bring :pir-grin:

15 hours ago, Sir Stig said:

Reminded me of sailing in the game, when a storm brews up. Especially the black shape in the middle. It caught me thinking, "Oh no, is that a cyclone forming?". I guess that feeling must be bad for sailors, even to this very day.. The game is set in the early 1700's. Lots of great inspiration. You visit a lot of the places that was in the series Black Sails. I recommend both.

Also, I liked it best with the foamy parts. I think it adds depth and contrast. If you think they are too bright (I don't), try a few transparent clear instead of the white.

You will see the next experimental foam version shortly. :pir-classic:

I love how you've mixed normal sized ships and micro ships to get the pics you need to tell the tale. And some really nice photoshop work of the 8 Provinces in those rough seas! The story does not disappoint! :thumbup:

The tale continues. :pir_laugh2: 

The highlights here have to be that stormy background. Though I do love that full size ship and the microships. Your storytelling as always is great and is punctuated by great photos. 

I shall look forward to the next installment. 

Excellent storyline and very effective use of micro and macro ships. And as always, those backgrounds are lovely. I really think I should start experimenting with something similar! Looking forward to the next installment! 

Great job, Captain B! My favoured aspect must be the cloud, though the ships are nice as well :thumbup: 

On 11.7.2017 at 6:18 PM, Capt Wolf said:

I love how you've mixed normal sized ships and micro ships to get the pics you need to tell the tale. And some really nice photoshop work of the 8 Provinces in those rough seas! The story does not disappoint! :thumbup:

Thank you.  But wait, the story will get some more twists and turns..

On 12.7.2017 at 0:13 PM, SilentWolf said:

The tale continues. :pir_laugh2: 

The highlights here have to be that stormy background. Though I do love that full size ship and the microships. Your storytelling as always is great and is punctuated by great photos. 

I shall look forward to the next installment. 

:sweet:  This was an experiment. Would it look like stormy weather or a weird combination of dark bricks...

I will carry out further "lego backdrop" experiments.

On 12.7.2017 at 2:34 PM, Bregir said:

Excellent storyline and very effective use of micro and macro ships. And as always, those backgrounds are lovely. I really think I should start experimenting with something similar! Looking forward to the next installment! 

There are three fresh installments out there (as a result of the collaboration with Kai NRG and Garmadon)! Have a look!

On 14.7.2017 at 6:58 PM, TitusV said:

Great job, Captain B! My favoured aspect must be the cloud, though the ships are nice as well :thumbup: 

Then I'll accept the praise for the clouds and will sink the ships.  Done.  :laugh:

On 18.7.2017 at 10:20 PM, ArchitectureFan said:

Pretty fine combination of minifig scale and micro (less than micro?) scale!

Thanks a lot - please continue following the storyline.

Many more new chapters have been added!