36 minutes ago, DraikNova said:

I'm going to guess and say that these leaks have a 50% chance of being fake

Sir Von Lego, who first reported these leaks, is among the most trusted sources on this entire site. I highly, highly doubt these are fake. 

Huh. Ok. At this point, there are just too many trusted sources of leaked information on this site for me to keep track of, to be honest.

14 hours ago, DraikNova said:

I'm going to guess and say that these leaks have a 50% chance of being fake.

Not likely, unfortunately. :hmpf_bad:

Hey, could someone pin this topic to the top of the forum index like last year's discussion forum?

Edited by jhuyser

A third year ? Great !

I really hope for Forest Monsters and Sea Monsters like we've seen one or 2 years ago.

Edited by notpennysboat

1 hour ago, notpennysboat said:

A third year ? Great !

I really hope for Forest Monsters and Sea Monsters like we've seen one or 2 years ago.

I doubt it'll be Sea monsters since the enemy vehicles are black and green. The colour scheme doesn't really go.

The forest and sea monsters are not happening. What's more, I highly doubt there were ever serious plans for them in the first place. Why put future character designs out in the open that far in advance? That would basically be saying, "Here you go, Lepin! Enjoy your head start!"

55 minutes ago, Tragic Banjo said:

The forest and sea monsters are not happening. What's more, I highly doubt there were ever serious plans for them in the first place. Why put future character designs out in the open that far in advance? That would basically be saying, "Here you go, Lepin! Enjoy your head start!"

While I agree that those figures were probably never meant to actually be released in sets, it's worth noting that if Lepin or another bootlegger intended to produce those, they probably would have done so by now. After all, the designs have been out there for over a year whether or not they were ever intended to be made as physical figs.

2 hours ago, Lyichir said:

While I agree that those figures were probably never meant to actually be released in sets, it's worth noting that if Lepin or another bootlegger intended to produce those, they probably would have done so by now. After all, the designs have been out there for over a year whether or not they were ever intended to be made as physical figs.

It's almost a shame that they haven't.  There is demand...

I think those forest/water monster were only concept art. They considered as the villains very early while designing the theme, but at end they went with the lava monsters, probably because they look more menacing

About the monsters for year 3, the storyline is going towards Monstrox getting his body back. Monstrox is a necromancer. So, I think the villians will be like reanimated corpses. Similar to the skeleton faction from Fantasy Era. Green is a color associated with death, so it fits

I love more Nexo knights sets, BUT... i'd love better designs, year 2 sets were underwelming, now we have a nice new castle, but the rest of the sets are mediocre at best.

Also i'm stuck with 10 times the same hero, that is getting rediculous.

It seems ninjago got the best lego designers this year... those movie sets are awsome! Do i really need to wait for a Nexo knights movie to get some thing equaly awsome????

Should Nexo Knights indeed give us undead baddies, I do hope they'll go with skeletons rather than zombies. Skeletons are so much cooler IMHO.

Also, I'd be much happy if they also make some skeletal monsters to go along, like a Bone Dragon or something.

I'd like a skeletal version of the Fantasy Era Troll bigfig, similar to the skeletal horses 

I'd love them to play up Monstrox's necromancer roots with some kind of undead horde. A mix of skeletons and zombies utilizing the style of the Chima Ice Tribe would be great.

23 hours ago, Robert8 said:

I'd like a skeletal version of the Fantasy Era Troll bigfig, similar to the skeletal horses 

Hey! Now there's an idea! But wouldn't be weak if it were hollow? I would probably be able to crush it with me bare hands (the ribcage I'm talking about).

Edited by J4ck

Depends on how the Troll figure is designed. It could be either brick built or a single mold (like the normal troll).

17 minutes ago, ZORK64 said:

Depends on how the Troll figure is designed. It could be either brick built or a single mold (like the normal troll).

Yup. Use printing for the exposed bones like they did with Mungus.

On 7/6/2017 at 4:33 PM, Sir von Lego said:

72006 to me looks like an world war vehicle which lands from water to the beach with giant links on the sides. Dark blue, gold, trans-orange and dark grey. Villains do have the colors black and trans-green.

72003 looks like that flying helicopter from Avatar with rotors on both sides put on horizontally. Good guy in orange "space-suit", vehicle black - trangreen.

Sir von Lego can you please describe what the apparent theme of this year's villains is? We had fire/lava demons, then lighting rock gargoyles, now what? Thanks! 

Still no word on Elves sets for 2018... might be because those are usually a March release, but it still has me worried. Even as someone who likes Nexo Knights I can't help but admit I'll be a bit put out if it continues and Elves doesn't. :sadnew:

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Still no word on Elves sets for 2018... might be because those are usually a March release, but it still has me worried. Even as someone who likes Nexo Knights I can't help but admit I'll be a bit put out if it continues and Elves doesn't. :sadnew:

I personally would prefer to have a Castle theme that encompassed the best of those 2 themes, but both definitely have their value.

5 hours ago, Lyichir said:

Elves is a creative and well thought out theme, but I doesn't appeal to me at all, which is a shame. It had a three year run and a wide variety of sets, so it wouldn't exactly be a tragedy if it didn't continue. In fact, if Elves ends this year and Nexo ends next year we have a much better chance of seeing a new Castle theme in 2019 since there would be nothing to compete with it. :shrug_oh_well:

11 hours ago, BrickJagger said:

Elves is a creative and well thought out theme, but I doesn't appeal to me at all, which is a shame. It had a three year run and a wide variety of sets, so it wouldn't exactly be a tragedy if it didn't continue. In fact, if Elves ends this year and Nexo ends next year we have a much better chance of seeing a new Castle theme in 2019 since there would be nothing to compete with it. :shrug_oh_well:

Good points.

I'm still interested in hearing a definitive answer as to what the theme of this wave's black and green villains will be.

Normal Castle really isn't going to happen anytime soon. It's too much of an AFOL theme at the moment. There should be a change of momentum in childsinterests, like maybe a movie or tv series, or game, that would introduce a large group of children into the world of castles, horses and knights. 

Having said that, Nexo Knights is doing just that, combined with cool stuff for kids like transforming sets and magic/tech added, and it's only barely getting a third year (by the looks of it).

And, i've said this before, lego is its own biggest competitor for new themes, considering the vastly popular City, Ninjago, Star Wars, Super Heroes themes. It would be very hard for any new theme to gain a foothold.

Edited by NotMegalodon

4 hours ago, NotMegalodon said:

Normal Castle really isn't going to happen anytime soon. It's too much of an AFOL theme at the moment. There should be a change of momentum in childsinterests, like maybe a movie or tv series, or game, that would introduce a large group of children into the world of castles, horses and knights. 

Having said that, Nexo Knights is doing just that, combined with cool stuff for kids like transforming sets and magic/tech added, and it's only barely getting a third year (by the looks of it).

And, i've said this before, lego is its own biggest competitor for new themes, considering the vastly popular City, Ninjago, Star Wars, Super Heroes themes. It would be very hard for any new theme to gain a foothold.

I don't think Nexo Knights is introducing "a large group of children into the world of castles, horses and knights" because, well, the show lacks a lot of those elements.  There's a castle, but it doesn't really look like a castle as much as it looks like a spaceship.  There are horses, but they are robo-horses that are nothing like their real counterparts.  There are knights, but they could easily be mistaken for space warriors or something else, and only bear a cursory similarity to actual knights.

I think that LEGO could easily create a property with a movie, TV series, and / or game, that fit in with traditional medieval fantasy rather than this hi-tech version, and it could be popular with children and adults alike.  I hope that will be something that comes after Nexo Knights and Elves have both run their course.

Either way, there is a third year of Nexo Knights on the way, and plenty of rumors and speculation to discuss.  For example, these black and green villains.  What could they be?  What ideas so far are the best / most likely?  When do we expect to find out?