Sign in to follow this  
turk187

[wip] Ninjago City 70620 in LDD - an attempt from photos

I'm really excited for this set. I just LOVE how cyberpunky it looks. Reminds me of the kind of cities in Ghost In the Shell and other works of Masmuni Shirow, Blade Runner, Big Hero 6, things like that. I wan't to do a set of buildings to expand it into a row, maybe 4 plates.

u9S3mQU.png

Here is what I have so far. Its mostly about getting the base right since that can be the basis for all the custom ones I need to build. I'm thinking about mirroring the base for the right hand side rather than rotating it.

bM24xhF.png

Is there a mirror function in LDD?

comments?

You've still got a ways to go...

35291208480_e18eb113f0_b.jpg

And no, LDD doesn't have a mirror tool (it'd be a hard thing to implement since there are certain parts that aren't symmetrical and don't have a mirrored version.

5 minutes ago, Lyichir said:

You've still got a ways to go...

35291208480_e18eb113f0_b.jpg

And no, LDD doesn't have a mirror tool (it'd be a hard thing to implement since there are certain parts that aren't symmetrical and don't have a mirrored version.

I am mostly just working on the base for building a connecting Moc. On the other hand, can I download that one anywhere??

5 minutes ago, turk187 said:

I am mostly just working on the base for building a connecting Moc. On the other hand, can I download that one anywhere??

I don't have it anywhere for download and don't really want to upload the LXF until it's done. Sorry!

If the base is all you need it should be much simpler than trying to build the whole thing, since all it will take is figuring out where each level needs to meet.

Yours looks really great, can't wait to see it complete. Do you have access to any pictures we don't?

As far as my model has gotten its already about 100$ on brickling. I shudder to think what yours would cost.

Do you have any idea how the elevator will work?

7 minutes ago, turk187 said:

Yours looks really great, can't wait to see it complete. Do you have access to any pictures we don't?

As far as my model has gotten its already about 100$ on brickling. I shudder to think what yours would cost.

Do you have any idea how the elevator will work?

All I've been using are the pictures on Brickset from the press release. I THINK I might have seen someone else share some other pictures that weren't there (including the interior of Lloyd's apartment), but I don't remember who shared them and haven't had time to try and track them down again.

Oh nice your LDD, i tried to do it but some new parts doesn't exist !

You can share your model ?

For my part i was thinking to match it with a venice canal and after a waterfall on the Turtle underground world