Hi builders and collectors,

This MOC started as plain chassis with two-speed GB, basic steering geometry, stabilizers and 4-wheel independent suspension (rear drive) with 3 cylinder fake engine in front. So, technically it is not a supercar you would imagine. 

Then I built the body around it. It started as blue, but due to lack of parts in this colour I had to "repaint" it, and start building it in white with orange highlights to make it look interesting.
Two months after finishing (called so for lack of better names) bodywork, I realized, that four speed gearbox from non-presented project would fit there. And it have (after some minor upgrades and chassis-rebuilds, of course :D)

Photos: 
35669513865_2971369575_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

34860407463_9e2c584b89_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

35669513205_ae87f8d719_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

35669512235_0855832121_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

34860411913_b0fd312547_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

34860408103_f9ef36a024_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

34828347064_02e418b29d_z.jpgHot-Hatch Rallycar by Horcik Designs, on Flickr

(more photos: https://www.flickr.com/photos/112259733@N07/albums/72157682676686045)

The instructions for the chassis can be found on Rebrickable: http://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-8882/Horcikdesigns/rallycar-chassis/#comments

I see this car as ancestor of my previous Yubihama II.

Edited by HorcikDesigns

Superb! I love the bodywork and the color scheme on it... :purrr:

Edited by KamalMYafi

F-king downgrade, this also has only 3 cylinders :D

Nice hot hatch!

Very nice compact hatch. Bodywork reminds me of Citroen Saxo and Peugeot 205 rally/cuprace cars. Like the colorscheme on it too.:thumbup:

15 minutes ago, Rudivdk said:

... Bodywork reminds me of Citroen Saxo and Peugeot 205 rally/cuprace cars...

Agreed.

Really nice build. Any chance of a video?

14 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The rear suspension is awesome! Can you take more photos of it so I can reverse engineer it?

Not 100% sure, but I think that it is similar to this.

floatinggif.gif

3 minutes ago, Jeroen Ottens said:

Very nice. EB is flooded with great MOC's lately. Summer must have started early :laugh:

You're not kidding. :thumbup: Many great mocs and WIP mocs. Paul also shared a few pics with me today on facebook of his new Outlaw supercar. It's been a sunday technic overload.:laugh:

Edited by Meatman

Oh, thank you very much. I did not expected so much positive feedback. :) No exact and existing car was used as reference, but similarity with some I can not deny. Maybe the wheels could have been slightly smaller for car of this width and length. :)

2 hours ago, grum64 said:

Any chance of a video?

Yes, I plan to make it, but I can not promise when it will be finished and ready.

4 hours ago, Jurss said:

F-king downgrade, this also has only 3 cylinders :D

Nice hot hatch!

It was only matter of time, when this trend arrives to MOCs :D 

2 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

The rear suspension is awesome! Can you take more photos of it so I can reverse engineer it?

1 hour ago, Meatman said:

Not 100% sure, but I think that it is similar to this.

You're right Meatman, I was strongly inspired by this setup made by Crowkillers.

34 minutes ago, Lenivkin_Eugene said:

Wow, will there be an instruction for this unit?:thumbup:

Personally, I played with this idea too, but re-shaping the body in LDD would be very difficult (not only legal techniques are used - some parts are slightly steressed). i do not want to make promises, but I think that I will make it - probably only 3D file, but I think it is enough :)

Thank you very much :)

I am glad that you mentioned the blue one - it was just a sketch model built to test the possibilities for this and future projects. 
Lack of blue panes forced me to make the white-orange combo :)

@HorcikDesignshaven't checked all panels and liftarms, but seems to me you should be able to get quite far with light blue from 42066, streetracer motorcycle and hotrod sets. Maybe Gulf livery...:wub:

3 hours ago, Rudivdk said:

@HorcikDesignshaven't checked all panels and liftarms, but seems to me you should be able to get quite far with light blue from 42066, streetracer motorcycle and hotrod sets. Maybe Gulf livery...:wub:

You're right, but I have any set of them in my collection yet. :cry2: :D But gulf Livery seems too good to resist to start collecting. :D

Thanks for the instructions! :classic:

Tried to use the LDD in build mode.... It sucked, it was such a mess... I sometimes had to take apart structures in order to add parts here and there. :sceptic: In the end, I gave up on completing the entire thing and I just finished the front because that was all I really cared about. Very nice design, impressively compact to have suspension, driven fake engine with fan, and HoG steering WITH a working steering wheel! :thumbup:

Edited by Leonardo da Bricki
Over-tired = mistakes...

The building process was not your problem, so don't feel bad. I loved seeing the chassis come together, even if it required more work than necessary. :classic:

And I understand that photo instructions would take a LONG time, so thanks for the LDD.