Sign in to follow this  
Exetrius

Sorcerer of the Smothering Sands

Sorcerer of the Smothering Sands

There are stories of dark and ancient powers, lying buried throughout the Desertlands. Those who believe in tales like these are often mocked. Few have the hope and courage to look for these relics, and even fewer have ever caught a glimpse what they really are. Of course, there have been people claiming to have witnessed bizarre events. Events unlike any type of natural disaster or magic known to Kaliphlin. Unbelievable events... 

Yet, those who seek, may eventually find. And when they do, the heavens tremble and the earth surges! 

They awaken.. the Smothering Sands...

35572706926_a67bab7c79_z.jpg

More pics:

Hi everyone!

Here's a small little freebuild, continuing in the Kali setting. Built for the Summer Joust 2017 contest, 8x8 vig category. I revised the base several times, but I'm satisfied with the result. Anyway, C&C is much appreciated! :wink: 

Though I really like that base, I find it hard to make out the black part. But hey, whatever it is: great use of these spiders!!! :thumbup: 

On 1-7-2017 at 10:51 AM, TitusV said:

Though I really like that base, I find it hard to make out the black part. But hey, whatever it is: great use of these spiders!!! :thumbup: 

Thank you, Titus! The black part is one such ancient artifact, built with spiders around a travis brick, star wars guns of different lengths and flippers. Check out the images in the spoiler, should make sense now. :wink:

The microfig with the headdress is a fun detail, getting it in proper scale. The purple swirls are well-used, but overall, the build does seem a bit unfinished. I think the studs on the base are what cause me to feel that way about it. It is a great idea, and the sense of menacing power is well captured. 

Really unique and clever build :thumbup:The vortex dishes certainly add to the magical look of the scene, and that fig is very well done.

It was a bit hard to recognize the microfig, but its really funny, wearing that (great) helmet. Nice base too man

I can see why you used the pieces you did to bring the shape of the base to life. Nice work!