hattedsandwich

[MOC] Imperial Hovertank TX-225 GAVr

Hey everybody, I've been a lurker for a long time and decided I'd make my first post with a MOC I just finished last week. I saw the incredible tracked version posted here by DarthPineapple, and got really inspired by a design that wolf.leews-無 was working on but abandoned. Having said all that, I made the canon hovertank version of the TX-225 GAVr Occupier Tank.

A full gallery is available here http://imgur.com/a/lLY3J

The tank is roughly 627 pieces (not counting the crates or ramps), and is incredibly study. There is room for 3 figures to sit inside of the tank, with a targeting visor for the gunner, and a console and steering yoke for the driver. The Rogue One visual guide gives a nice glimpse inside the tank that I used for reference, and DarthPineapple's use of the bucket handle for a yoke was genius. On the back wall of the cabin are racks for 2 blasters, as well as a console to control the commander's roof hatch. All hatches can be opened for the minifigs to see out of, and the aforementioned console doubles as a seat for the commander to be displayed.

The twin Dymek laser batteries on the sides pivot up and down, and are independent. The whole tank is suspended above the ground at the appropriate scale for minifigures. On the rear deck are spaces for two Kyber Crystal Crates, and the deck can be removed easily to view the detailed engine compartment. Lastly, ramps can be attached to the vehicle's rear to facilitate easy crate loading for the ground crews.

I hope you all like it, it was a ton of fun to design and I put a lot of time into making sure it is study. I am confident that this would withstand play from a child, while looking good enough for a collector. If anyone is interested in a parts list and hand made building guide for the tank and crates, just message me. All I ask is a small $5 donation so I can continue making new stuff.

Thanks for looking, glad to finally come out of lurking

Edited by hattedsandwich
Link was giving error

This looks really nice! Love how it is minifig sized. :thumbup:

Will be messaging you shortly! I have DarthPineapple's instructions as well and would like to compare his with yours, for curiosity sake!

Cheers!

Just now, Azrielsc said:

This looks really nice! Love how it is minifig sized. :thumbup:

Will be messaging you shortly! I have DarthPineapple's instructions as well and would like to compare his with yours, for curiosity sake!

Cheers!

Thank you for the kind words :) I hope you enjoy it, although I have not seen instructions for DarthPineapple's I really admire the way he integrated treads. That is a serious feat having made my own without lol

Just built this fine and detailed MOC last night! :classic:

PDF Instructions is clear and concise and does make the build much simpler, especially coming from building a couple of MOCs with LDD generated instructions! Hahaha!

Gotta round up my Hovertank crew to go for a spin! :thumbup:

Nice work. The detailing on the different compartments and features is top notch. Might actually attempt this if I finish some projects. 

On 10-7-2017 at 1:46 PM, Azrielsc said:

Here's the photo of the completed tank! Love it!

<snip>

Looks excellent Azrielsc! I like your heavy-duty loading ramp, looks very industrial

Edited by BEAVeR
Please don't quote images

Just finished building mine and it's a beauty!  So much detail packed into this, and it's very solid.  Way better than the official set, so if you want one of these vehicles in your collection I would certainly recommend these instructions!  

BTW hattedsandwich your pics on the original post aren't working any more.  Not sure if you knew and wanted to fix them?

12 hours ago, hattedsandwich said:

Looks excellent Azrielsc! I like your heavy-duty loading ramp, looks very industrial

@hattedsandwich I have no idea if the TX-225 has a ramp in the first place! Haha! I have some leftover bricks so I just cobbled a ramp together! :laugh:

3 hours ago, RaptorBandito said:

Just finished building mine and it's a beauty!  So much detail packed into this, and it's very solid.  Way better than the official set, so if you want one of these vehicles in your collection I would certainly recommend these instructions!  

BTW hattedsandwich your pics on the original post aren't working any more.  Not sure if you knew and wanted to fix them?

I got your email earlier and am so glad to hear it turned out well! Thank you for the kind feedback, if there's anything that could be improved please let me know, would love to continue to iron out this model :) and I appreciate the heads up, I went ahead and just pasted a link above, it would not embed the photos from Imgur any longer (wonder why??)

2 hours ago, Azrielsc said:

@hattedsandwich I have no idea if the TX-225 has a ramp in the first place! Haha! I have some leftover bricks so I just cobbled a ramp together! :laugh:

Hey it looks good to me! I threw together thinner ramps in a few photos, but yours definitely fits as well!

Only just saw this and I must say I really like it! Always nice to see a different approach to the same vehicle. Well done! :)

10 minutes ago, MovieMocs said:

Awesome! Love the scale. Much better than the set. Why don't you work for Lego? :)

Ahh thank you for the kind feedback:) I am not nearly creative enough for that! I am really blessed by the positive responses to this moc :) I wouldn't ever consider myself a pro though!

On 10.7.2017 at 6:46 AM, Azrielsc said:

Here's the photo of the completed tank! Love it!

(snip)

@Azrielsc me to. It looks awesome! :wub: Did you also build DarthPineapples version of the TX-225? I think this two are the best!? I bought both instructions, but didn`t get the time and money to build them until now. But I definitely will!

Edited by bricksmarlin

6 hours ago, bricksmarlin said:

@Azrielsc me to. It looks awesome! :wub: Did you also build DarthPineapples version of the TX-225? I think this two are the best!? I bought both instructions, but didn`t get the time and money to build them until now. But I definitely will!

Hey @bricksmarlin! You are on a roll, building so many beautiful MOCs... I can't catch up with you and your builds! :)

Yes, I have Darthpineapple's version as well. But I didn't do his because I felt that I did not want to use anything other than official Lego bricks. His build looks very accurate with the tracks and greebling though. And when Hattedsandwich came out with his rendition, I loved it and immediately bought the instructions and one major advantage is that the bricks needed is easily available and since I have 99% of the required elements in my spare bricks collection, so I could start right away! The only element that I did not have in my collection were the numerous LBG ingots, so that was the only BL order that I made. 

I agree that both Darthpineapple and Hattedsandwich tanks look the best but I took the lazy way out... by building one version only. Haha :tongue:

@Azrielsc Nobody has to catch up with anybody, it's no contest! To be honest , it is a little bit to much at the moment! The costs of everything together are getting a little bit out of control :sick:! I have to reload my wallet! But what can you do? There is always something :grin::tongue:

Edited by bricksmarlin