Sign in to follow this  
Jacob Nion

[MRCA] The Death Of Captain Morgan

Previously:

The Lady Arlene

New Allegiance

Welcome To The Crew

When the smoke of a thousand cannons began to thin out and the painful voices of a thousand souls fell silent, the Queen Annetta’s Revenge was no more. What events did lead to her end was commonly known; a ricochet from an unknown vessel destroyed the ship’s rudder, spelling doom for her crew. Unable to  elude getting clasped by the Purple Reign’s and the Miger’ys broadside, she soon began to sink to the ground with the rear ahead.  

34786809270_ed2b929768_b.jpgThe Death Of Captain Morgan by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

The end of her captain however arose to an unfailing source of spectacular tales. A surviving sailor of the Migery swore he had seen Morgan getting hit by a loose gun, pushing him over  board.

34368436403_6443d467b2_b.jpgHow did Captain Morgan die? by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

A Mardieran fisherman instead was profoundly convinced he had seen the dreaded pirate in the foremast’s shrouds, when an unbearable reek of pestilence and rotten corpses filled the bay, and  the Kraken itself reached out to pull the captain into the deep.

34368475283_548969134f_b.jpgHow did Captain Morgan die? by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

A popular tale in the taverns of Isla de Victoria stated Poseidon himself(or optional Hades, depending on the story teller) stretched his hand out of the ocean and pulled the whole ship down into his realm, where he would imprison this reckless sailor, who composed himself to rule over the seas. Others again claimed that the water god would marry off one of his daughters to this bold mortal, and mermaids would come and adorn his ship with gems and golden shells and they would live in it as their palace until the end of all days.

34791232950_075d9f6d8c_b.jpgHow did Captain Morgan die? by Jacob Nion, auf Flickr

Many, many more tales were told in the brick seas. More sceptical fellows assumed the captain had simply died during the battle, while others, with a penchant for superstition opposed that if this mischievous man in fact had died, his restless soul surely would roam the waters in a ghost ship, scarring any crew unfortunate enough to cross his way.

And some even claimed to have seen Morgan up and about in a variety of Mardieran ports, where he attained honours and was most likely plotting his revenge. Or optionally he was suspected to join with King Fernando, attempting to re-establish his reign.

Dead or alive, it remained a mystery. Whatever stories where told, nobody could answer the question: what happened to Captain Benjamin Morgan?

Edited by Jacob Nion

Ohh, finally you post this! I think you had this up on flickr for a while now, I'm certainly looking forward to whatever happens next! I set my bet on Hades and that we'll be seeing a ghostship from you very soon! We'll gladly sink another ship of yours :pir_laugh2:

As said on Flickr: daamned :p

I spent a small fortune to assemble your sig fig, now I can't use it anymore...

Amazing way to depict the different stories!

Nooo, don't tell me this is the end of Captain Morgan's tale. :pir-cry_sad: Oh well, I'm sure tales of his exploits will continue to be told even after he is gone.

About the build, it's really good. I love the pin rack and belaying pin design, and the brick built figurehead is particularly nice, too. My favorite part has to be Poseidon's watery fingers preparing to grab Captain Morgan. Great parts usage, and great positioning of the minifig. Plus, it was really fun to see how you portrayed the different stories in each picture. 

This built is wonderful !!

The sinking ship is a masterpiece !

the story is in the same vein... the start of the legend !

Edited by Professor Thaum

I will believe Captain Morgan is dead when I see his corpse. Until then, he lives forever in the Brick Seas.

Wonderful stories and builds to tell the tale.

I love how the sea seems so real with the sinking ship and tentacle coming from below! And where does the Poseidon/Hades hand come from?

It is all worthy of the minfig who was larger than life!  :thumbup:

Very clever how you built the wreck sinking.  Those broken spars are quite well done.

Excellent build !

The wreckage is great ! Captain Morgan deserved a mythical end ! You nailed it ! 

Great job !

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

I will believe Captain Morgan is dead when I see his corpse. Until then, he lives forever in the Brick Seas.

And is terrorizing ships as we speak!

Beautiful MOC as always Jacob and a very well written story to accompany it!

1 hour ago, Capt Wolf said:

Ditto! :pir-grin:

Fantastic build.  Great job on the broken masts, and I love how you went to the length of portraying several different theories as to his death! :thumbup: 

8 hours ago, Jacob Nion said:

...Or optionally he was suspected to join with King Fernando, attempting to re-establish his reign...

Ho, what's this?  Must be looked into instantly! :grin: :laugh:

Great way to show the (possible) end of Captain Morgan, and I'll echo all the others in saying the variety of different options is a great way to do it!  I'll also second Captain G on the belaying pins and rack! :thumbup:

Great display of effects in the optional endings. An epic fate(s) (or is it?) for an epic Captain. :thumbup:

Edited by Sir Stig

Fantastic build! The scene depicting the shipwreck is very convincing.

Lovely! Both the sinking ship as well as the numerous shots and stories told are fantastic. Great work.

Very very nice build. I'd love to see the whole ship, just the bow is spectacular though.

@IstakaCiti

On 6/29/2017 at 8:01 AM, IstakaCiti said:

Very nice model, unique and creative.

BTW, what is MRCA?

On 6/29/2017 at 9:54 AM, Professor Thaum said:

Monthly Commerce and Raiding Action

It is the economic part of the Brethren of the Brick Seas (a.k.a. BoBS) game, totally optional but who doesn't want to test his ability as a merchant, as a fierce naval commander bound to protect the seas as a mere plunderer that terrorizes trade routes! :wink:

On 6/30/2017 at 11:52 PM, blackdeathgr said:

@IstakaCiti

It is the economic part of the Brethren of the Brick Seas (a.k.a. BoBS) game, totally optional but who doesn't want to test his ability as a merchant, as a fierce naval commander bound to protect the seas as a mere plunderer that terrorizes trade routes! :wink:

This is much more comprehensible thanks @blackdeathgr :sweet:

On 6/27/2017 at 4:28 PM, Legostone said:

Ohh, finally you post this! I think you had this up on flickr for a while now, I'm certainly looking forward to whatever happens next! I set my bet on Hades and that we'll be seeing a ghostship from you very soon! We'll gladly sink another ship of yours :pir_laugh2:

A ghost ship's definitely something I would love to build one day! I have some serious ideas for that.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:43 PM, Maxim I said:

As said on Flickr: daamned :p

I spent a small fortune to assemble your sig fig, now I can't use it anymore...

Amazing way to depict the different stories!

It's never a waste to own an official Captain Morgan figure!

On 6/27/2017 at 4:45 PM, Captain Genaro said:

Nooo, don't tell me this is the end of Captain Morgan's tale. :pir-cry_sad: Oh well, I'm sure tales of his exploits will continue to be told even after he is gone.

About the build, it's really good. I love the pin rack and belaying pin design, and the brick built figurehead is particularly nice, too. My favorite part has to be Poseidon's watery fingers preparing to grab Captain Morgan. Great parts usage, and great positioning of the minifig. Plus, it was really fun to see how you portrayed the different stories in each picture. 

Thanks! All those details are from the original Queen Annetta's Revenge. That was the most challenging part; to reconstruct the bow and forecastle. The ship itself was disassembled for a while, so I had to look into my pictures. The only thing different is the sprit topmast. 

I added it to give the build more structure. And I liked the idea that Morgan had refitted his ship over time to increase its speed.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:46 PM, Professor Thaum said:

This built is wonderful !!

The sinking ship is a masterpiece !

the story is in the same vein... the start of the legend !

Thanks mate!

On 6/27/2017 at 4:49 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Wonderful stories and builds to tell the tale.

I love how the sea seems so real with the sinking ship and tentacle coming from below! And where does the Poseidon/Hades hand come from?

It is all worthy of the minfig who was larger than life!  :thumbup:

Ahoy! Thank you! It seems you were right with your doubts. The large spider legs appeared in different Chima sets. I have these from 70226 Mammoth's frozen stronghold.

On 6/27/2017 at 4:58 PM, Kwatchi said:

Very clever how you built the wreck sinking.  Those broken spars are quite well done.

Thank you! 

On 6/27/2017 at 5:22 PM, Faladrin said:

Excellent build !

The wreckage is great ! Captain Morgan deserved a mythical end ! You nailed it ! 

Great job !

Thanks! Gladly it was not the end.

On 6/27/2017 at 5:59 PM, blackdeathgr said:

And is terrorizing ships as we speak!

Beautiful MOC as always Jacob and a very well written story to accompany it!

Ahoy thanks!

On 6/27/2017 at 6:17 PM, Kai NRG said:

Ditto! :pir-grin:

Fantastic build.  Great job on the broken masts, and I love how you went to the length of portraying several different theories as to his death! :thumbup: 

On 6/28/2017 at 1:08 AM, Garmadon said:

Ho, what's this?  Must be looked into instantly! :grin: :laugh:

Great way to show the (possible) end of Captain Morgan, and I'll echo all the others in saying the variety of different options is a great way to do it!  I'll also second Captain G on the belaying pins and rack! :thumbup:

On 6/28/2017 at 4:10 PM, Bodi said:

Fantastic build! The scene depicting the shipwreck is very convincing.

On 6/28/2017 at 6:10 PM, Elostirion said:

Lovely! Both the sinking ship as well as the numerous shots and stories told are fantastic. Great work.

Thank you all very much!

On 6/29/2017 at 5:38 AM, Mesabi said:

Very very nice build. I'd love to see the whole ship, just the bow is spectacular though.

Here you go The Queen Annetta's Revenge

On 6/29/2017 at 7:01 AM, IstakaCiti said:

Very nice model, unique and creative.

BTW, what is MRCA?

Aye, when the results of our game actions are out, it's upon us to depict them in bricks.

Edited by Jacob Nion