Sign in to follow this  
Legostone

Citrus Plantation near Puerto Desafio, Isla de Victoria

35220944681_fa8344b306_c.jpg

While exploring the area around Puerte Citrus Plantation. We had already been wondering why the Marderians that lived here before rarely ate anything else - now we had our answer. Seeing the usefulness of these fruit, we quickly sent out a crew of workers to keep the plantation running. We'll probably put them to use on our ships, not go on a diet based purely on them though...

Medium Plantation, activated as a Challenge Reward via microbuild

Hey! You people will make me like microbuilds after all!! :tongue: Nice one LS. The background adds A LOT to the build

I like how you stepped the ground. Better depth and easier to see the whole build. Nice bonus to get the shadows working for you underneath the clouds :thumbup:

The background works excellent- especially the inclusion of the volcano as all-dominating festure of the island.

It is hard enough to create a proper micro scale build, but to include forced perspective is on an even higher level.

Nice micro plantation! I must echo the others: the background / forced perspective really adds to the build. And good job working in part of the island's unique character to the build. :thumbup:

On 6/25/2017 at 1:26 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Hey! You people will make me like microbuilds after all!! :tongue: Nice one LS. The background adds A LOT to the build

Main focus here was the background - I wanted to try that for a while already :pir-laugh:

On 6/25/2017 at 5:08 PM, Sir Stig said:

I like how you stepped the ground. Better depth and easier to see the whole build. Nice bonus to get the shadows working for you underneath the clouds :thumbup:

Thanks! Didn't even notice that the shadows are once good for something :pir_laugh2:

On 6/25/2017 at 9:05 PM, Jacob Nion said:

The background works excellent- especially the inclusion of the volcano as all-dominating festure of the island.

It is hard enough to create a proper micro scale build, but to include forced perspective is on an even higher level.

Someone had to include the vulcano - I feel like it has almost been forgotten. Thanks!

On 6/26/2017 at 1:37 AM, Capt Wolf said:

Nice micro plantation! I must echo the others: the background / forced perspective really adds to the build. And good job working in part of the island's unique character to the build. :thumbup:

Same as above :pir-laugh:

3 hours ago, Legostone said:

Someone had to include the vulcano - I feel like it has almost been forgotten.

That's why I included it in the end-of-war pic at the end of the challenge. It is the defining feature of the island.