Hi,

I decided to make my own supercar after seeing numerous topics. My current chassis has a 4-speed gearbox and independent suspension.

35339560992_7077156842_c.jpg

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Looks like a nice start. I like the scale. Front suspension looks simple and clean. Could you show a few more pictures of various angles, and of some of the techniques? One without wheels, to show the suspension? How's the steering rack connected? From the side, so the proportions can be better seen? It does look like there's some room between the front axle and the dashboard, and the actual driver's seat may be a bit cramped (steering wheel very close to chest), but it's hard to see from this angle.

Curious where this project will go. I like all those WIP topics, it shows so much more than just a finished model - you get a sense of how people build, I like that. Keep up the good work, looking forward to other updates.

2 hours ago, Offroadcreat1ons said:

Looking good, I like it a lot! I see it has in-car steering, will it also have HoG?

It wasn't going to, but now that you mention it maybe!

51 minutes ago, Erik Leppen said:

Looks like a nice start. I like the scale. Front suspension looks simple and clean. Could you show a few more pictures of various angles, and of some of the techniques? One without wheels, to show the suspension? How's the steering rack connected? From the side, so the proportions can be better seen? It does look like there's some room between the front axle and the dashboard, and the actual driver's seat may be a bit cramped (steering wheel very close to chest), but it's hard to see from this angle.

Curious where this project will go. I like all those WIP topics, it shows so much more than just a finished model - you get a sense of how people build, I like that. Keep up the good work, looking forward to other updates.

Thanks! Unfortunately, the front suspension is not the best and will be improved more. I will take more pictures later. 

49 minutes ago, LvdH said:

Nice start! Maybe it's just me, but the front seems (between the cab and the front of the car) too long for being a rear/mid engine car.

The axle at the steering wheel... it looks like it is not long enough. I'm not sure about the bracing of the shift lever either.

The picture makes the car seem longer than it actually is. The shift lever is fine, but the axle is confusing and I do not know how to fix it. 

Wonder if you guys feel the same - the steering wheels from Lego are either too small or too big :laugh: - so for a supercar this size, none of the steering wheels fit naturally...

57 minutes ago, PorkyMonster said:

Wonder if you guys feel the same - the steering wheels from Lego are either too small or too big :laugh: - so for a supercar this size, none of the steering wheels fit naturally

So true!:laugh:

Looks good! I agree with @Offroadcreat1ons that it should have HoG steering - it will make it much easier to play with!

Just now, PorkyMonster said:

Wonder if you guys feel the same - the steering wheels from Lego are either too small or too big :laugh: - so for a supercar this size, none of the steering wheels fit naturally...

Yes, that is true - unless you scale the car to it!

Just now, Myers Lego Technic said:

The front axle is very poorly connected to the chassis. You should consider taking a connecting approach more like you took with the rear axle. 

Agreed, you need to use more frames.

Good work, but I have to agree, the front is poorly connected. Just change your vertical connections to horizontal connections.

56 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

@TechnicRCRacer rear suspension is good but perhaps it would be better if you have 42000 hubs to use them. 

That may help, but it will have a higher nose area.

Edit: @TechnicRCRacer your front suspension is not aligned to the rear, is that on purpose?

Edited by Aventador2004

7 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

@Aventador2004Front suspension is secure, it is not aligned on purpose. 

Hmm, it doesn't look that way. Try pushing down on the body and see if the suspension pops out.

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

That may help, but it will have a higher nose area.

For front suspension you're right, but for rear using 8466 hubs make rear wheels not stiff enough :wink:

On 6/28/2017 at 7:20 PM, TechnicRCRacer said:

Ran into some problems, but now fixed! Started on body and found a cool technique with 2 18945 and a 7L beam. More pics soon.

Is the build still commencing?

23 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Is the build still commencing?

Sorry, it is but I have forgotten to update. I will update tomorrow. I have built the back end. 

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

More Progress!

• Fixed gearbox after discovering gears 2 and 3 were the same:grin:
  • Built back
  • Added spoiler/airfoil

This was inspired by @Charbel's supercar. Thanks!

(Not the best angled picture, the front of the spoiler is higher than the taillights)

35629310701_ac12afc6cd_c.jpg

Edited by TechnicRCRacer

Looking in good, I see you used charbel's exhaust idea.

Just now, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice start!

I'd like to be as good as you...

Just buy technics, it will come to you. That's how I learned.

Edited by Aventador2004

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Looking in good, I see you used charbel's exhaust idea.

Just buy technics, it will come to you. That's how I learned.

Thanks! I have completed most of the body, redoing the chair. 

2 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Very nice start!

I'd like to be as good as you...

What I thought of myself when I started this project. Find pieces and position them at different angles and pick the best one. 

Now we're getting somewhere!

35727915876_f541924fcc_c.jpg

Full shot so far:

35769138155_5955a843c8_c.jpg

• To do:
  • Seats (racing style?)
  • Dash/Console
  • Change roof?
  • BL order needs to arrive
  • General changes to the sides

This is my first big car and I have tried my best so far. I hope this will really pay off and bring me closer to my ultimate goal: Hall of Fame!

What about a hog? And what are the gears in the cab doing?

It looks great though!

1 hour ago, Aventador2004 said:

What about a hog? And what are the gears in the cab doing?

It looks great though!

5 hours ago, LvdH said:

I like the aggressive front look! :wub: 

I really think you should improve the way the gear shifter is attached though. It doesn't look good. But like you said, the console is on your todo list. :classic: 

Thanks guys! @Aventador2004 the gears in the cab are either the gearbox or the 24T gears connecting the steering wheel to the rack (temporary). Not sure if I will add HoG or not. @LvdH The gear shifter is working alright, but I will attach it better anyway. The console is definitely on my to-do list:laugh: