KingsKnight

[MOC] Space Shuttle at Saturn V Scale

Been posting this around, and I wanted to share here too. I've been working on my own Lego Space Shuttle design for a while. While I like what Lego has put out, I was never completely satisfied (mostly with the proportions of past models). Then when the incredible Saturn V came out, I knew I HAD to rework the design to the same scale (approx 1:111). This is where I am so far (imgur album). Click through to see renders, graphics, and a scale chart:

01_Shuttle1-111Scale10_STUDIO_small.gif

This is excellent - much better than Lego's official set. I see that you've employed similar SNOT techniques on the fuel tank. Do the boosters come away too?

Wow, some lovely details there! I especially love the use of the white half-0barrels on SRB engines.  Interior details are amazing too!

9 hours ago, danial said:

This is excellent - much better than Lego's official set. I see that you've employed similar SNOT techniques on the fuel tank. Do the boosters come away too?

Thanks! Yes, they're held in by technic pins/axles, as is the orbiter.

7 hours ago, NathanR said:

Wow, some lovely details there! I especially love the use of the white half-0barrels on SRB engines.  Interior details are amazing too!

I looked long and hard for something round that would flare out past 4x4 studs. Nothing worked until recently when I was building the Saturn V engines and realized I could use those barrels!