insideLego

Lego Star Wars Moc Imperial Raider Class Corvette

Hello AFOL's,

i want to show you my new Moc of the Imperial Raider Class Corvette from Battlefront II. 

It has 

Parts: 1774
Lenght: 32,8cm
Width: 16,8cm
Height: 14,4cm
Building Time: 4 Days

I would be happy for feedback.

35281113211_b23736968d_c.jpg

35371265856_809940a49d_c.jpg

35371266266_d358d5c028_c.jpg

35244123852_6c05c97569_c.jpg

35023525350_b77956cdc5_c.jpg

35244124292_cce0db7f09_c.jpg

35023526430_bcc9e32585_c.jpg

35281117101_c010a73552_c.jpg

35281117611_db696f7e06_c.jpg

Edited by insideLego
False Source Code

You can't link images that way on EB. You'll need to link to the actual image (the url ending in jpg). Also, HTML doesn't work here, just paste the URL to the actual image and it will load up.

9 minutes ago, Darkdragon said:

You can't link images that way on EB. You'll need to link to the actual image (the url ending in jpg). Also, HTML doesn't work here, just paste the URL to the actual image and it will load up.

Thank you

Just now, legofives said:

looks great besides the missiles

besides the missiles? YOou mean the spring loaded shooter? Unfortunately these have become standard at Lego. I have adapted my design to this.

Just now, insideLego said:

besides the missiles? YOou mean the spring loaded shooter? Unfortunately these have become standard at Lego. I have adapted my design to this.

well if you're going for an official set look then yeah

Fantastic rendition of a fantastic addition to the new canon. I'm an Armada player and i'm looking at my little Raider model and yours looks really spot on. If this were an official set i'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

Actually I wonder if you're model and the X-Wing Miniatures model are the same size? Its possible. 

Hello!

Awesome job here, the detailing is great! However, I definitely prefer the plain LBG model over the "Lego Playset Style"!

Kind regards, Ellis.

7 hours ago, Forresto said:

Fantastic rendition of a fantastic addition to the new canon. I'm an Armada player and i'm looking at my little Raider model and yours looks really spot on. If this were an official set i'd buy it in a heartbeat. 

Actually I wonder if you're model and the X-Wing Miniatures model are the same size? Its possible. 

Thank you for this feedback. I do not know if this vessel is suitable for the miniature model of the X-Wing. This I had not originally considered.

34601102373_3c0573e1f8_c.jpg

Imperial Raider Class in Scene, made with Corel Photo Paint

1 hour ago, Ellisss_2 said:

Hello!

Awesome job here, the detailing is great! However, I definitely prefer the plain LBG model over the "Lego Playset Style"!

Kind regards, Ellis.

Thank you for this positive Feedback

You definitely nailed the "official set" look, great work! 

I also looked up the Battlefront version of this ship, which seems to differ a little bit from other versions of the ship that I've seen.  Looks like you recreated it very accurately, even the details on the bottom of the ship.

@insideLego This is awesome! Well done! ;) What scale did you build this at?

Just one thing to say: Looking at the battlefront ll trailer again, the engine glow on this ship appears to be a light blue, not pink? I don't know if you purposely made it pink...

Interesting looking ship (sorry, I do not know the game). :thumbup::thumbup:

This should be a set. Perhaps you can hint TLG. :tongue:

On 24.6.2017 at 4:52 PM, TheGeneralMoe said:

real nice looking, does the ship have an interior?

No, unfortunately, this concept currently only works in the digital designer, it has no interior.

21 hours ago, Brickdad said:

Could the engine glow pieces be bigger?

That would be possible

Did you just do the outer shells or is there a frame inside too?

Any plans of sharing your LDD files?

Both you ships are incredible. Thanks for sharing. 

Jamie

I'm not familiar with this ship, but the all gray version looks marvelous and very true to Star Wars material.

On 26.6.2017 at 2:52 PM, jamie75 said:

Did you just do the outer shells or is there a frame inside too?

Any plans of sharing your LDD files?

Both you ships are incredible. Thanks for sharing. 

Jamie

This concept includes both: shells and frame.

Currently, I can not publish the LXF yet, because as I said the concept only works digitally, ergo an implementation into reality is not possible.

2 hours ago, Schneeds said:

I'm not familiar with this ship, but the all gray version looks marvelous and very true to Star Wars material.

Thank you for this feedback

Great creation, insideLego! Where most creations only capture the spirit of the source material, you also managed to capture the charm of a Lego set! It's wonderful that you capture the perfect balance such that your creation looks and feels like the very best sets out there.

I love it how you incorporate many Lego tropes but put a small twist on them to make them work as an AFOL creation. For example, you leave a lot of studs exposed just like in the set, but I don't really mind it because you have plenty of smooth sections else where to create an interesting dynamic on the hull that looks intentional. Especially from a distance, they almost make it look like there's a small color variation in the grays, which is even more noticeable in the black and white picture you posted. You also throw some actual new colors in, just like the blue on the good old TIEs, but make it sand blue to keep the effect subtle enough. Even then, it's not random, just to add some variations. Because when you look closely at certain shots of the ship, it sure does look like some parts have this sand blue quality. So amazing work on incorporating that subtle variation so well! You also don't shy away from using big elements like the cylinders of the engines or the octogonal plate in the back, but you manage to incorporate them smoothly into the rest of the body (I just love the geometry this creates in the engine section!). Add some nice greebles and seamless angle work (great use of that hinge for securely attaching the central ridge of the hull by the way), and you get a creation that looks just like a Lego set but only better!

As for suggestions, I love the use of the pentagonal tile for filling out the corners of the wings, but the sharp transition between the black wedge plate and that piece make it loose its effect a bit. I'm pretty sure there's a way to use different wedge plates to make that transition smoother. No worries if it makes the shape look a bit polygonal, as that's a feature of the original ship anyway! Also, I think the spring loaded shooters are a bit of a missed opportunity. I don't mind their inclusion just because of the Lego charm, but even in a lot of Lego sets they really get incorporated into the model instead of being put in full sight. However, I understand your choice, as on the original ships there actually are some boxlike structures on the hull that could perfectly be represented by the shooters, but I think you need to flesh it out more to make it look like a detail instead of just a spring loaded shooter. Some 1x4 panels alongside the shooters would be perfectly possible and give it something extra already that ties it to the rest of the model better. Or you could try something with cheese slopes, although you'd have to be careful not to make things too bulky. Yes, it are little things, but you don't expect that there would be big flaws with such an awesome creation!

9223072399_3ef10becf7_o.png

Blogged!