Sign in to follow this  
Professor Thaum

[SR - FB1 june 17] small acre of Tobacco

Not far from Bastion, the doctor owns a small tobacco acre (for medicinal use of course)

nfku.png

srb2.png

3an3.png

C&C welcome

Spoiler

this is a 80 x 80 plantation built

Wow that is impressive, I'd say your best work to date.

Those tobacco plants are really well designed; is this olive green or medium green? I might want to copy those... :-) 

The whole area is super well layouted, those brown rocks work perfectly here, and the round staircases are a beautiful addition. The slight curving of the tobacco rows adds so much realism.

My only suggestion would be to add some details to the flat green grass, some rocks or a bit of dirt or just some stones, maybe some tools, a pile of something, a box, a worker or two, a small animal, etc. But that is nitpicking. Fantastic work overall - please keep those MOCs coming!

Lovely work! Still enjoying those plants.

Overwhelmingly big with nice ground elevations. Also there is no such thing as too much green I guess!! On the baseplate level though, I think I'l echo Elo's words on some more detailing. Great work!

Nice build! I think this is BOBS' first tobacco plantation. Good design for the plants, and I really like the multi-tiered aspect of the build. Very nice steps between the levels, too. I'll echo the calls for a little more detailing -- perhaps some plantation workers harvesting the plants -- but you've done a really nice job here! :thumbup:

I'll echo all the others - excellent build and very cool plants!  Bright green always works great as a contrast color, and the brown on the rising ground/rocks was an excellent choice as well! :thumbup:  I also like the fence and inclusion of the Sea Rats' colours (and the rabbit :laugh:), and great work including that path up the cliff, I know how tough those can be! :grin:  Altogether a very nice build - likely my favorite from you so far! 

This is probably your best build yet. The plants are nicely designed, and so is the rock formation. Additionally, the stairs leading up the rock formation are great also.

That's a big plantation, filled with details,  I like the rabbit in his hole and the elevated ground. I agree with the others for the terrain, you may consider to build ridges between the rows of tobacco.

Nice build.  Is it digital?  Rabbit is not going to find much to eat there.  :laugh:

8 hours ago, dr_spock said:

Nice build.  Is it digital?  Rabbit is not going to find much to eat there.  :laugh:

Yes the build is all digital... that's why there is no fig and no funny details... I have trouble to finish all my bricklink orders. After the completing of the orders there will be real stuffed MOC

A great rendition of a Tobacco plantation ! Great job !

I find your rock work very well done in brown, it's breaking the monotony of the field. Excellent idea ! 

Quite good, both from a plantation and a landscaping point of view.

Looks like LDD - I think it would be expensive to build the same with bricks. Those plant thingies are dear...

10 hours ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Those plant thingies are dear...

OR take a year to arrive in large quantities :tongue:

Good one! I like the elevation in the layout. It makes the whole layout more interesting than a monotonous field.