Sign in to follow this  
Darkie

KK2 2005: A review

Well, since this kind of has all of the new sets except the castle, and the others were only discussing a few, here's my review.

So, they all arrived at my doorstep today, and I spent a good couple hours building them. My first impression? I'm rather impressed. All in all, I ended up with 6 shadow nights, two blue kings, one purple, green, and red knights, one Vladek and one King Mathias. Also, one black horse and three white horses.

The shields are much better for this group of knights. They don't look quite as child-like, though I do prefer the armor printing on the first group.

My only issue is that they do not provide the 1x2 tile and 1x2 brick to put in the horse's back after you're done with the ride. Fortunately, I have plenty of those pieces. But I digress.

So, here's my review. Keep in mind, I like KK2, and I don't have the new colors...:D

8873, Fireball Catapult $8.99

I like this little set. The catapult is brick-built completely, unlike some other ones. The design is rather cool. It comes with the red knight and a shadow night, and one white horse. Simplistic, but better than the smaller set from the first round.

8874, Battle Wagon $19.99

I really like wagons. I admit it. I'm a sucker for them. This one is rather sturdy. Most of the back is for prisoner transport, I imagine. According to the comic, the purple knight keeps getting caught, so I guess this is for him. :) There's actually a small area for the driver to sit, stand, or do whatever. There is a molded catapult on top, but that can be easily removed if need be. This set comes with two shadow knights, the green knight, and a black horse.

8875, King's Seige Tower $19.99

This is a rehashing of the other seige tower, but it has one big improvement: The shields on the side are actualy pieces, not flimsy pieces of paper. But, there are no horses pulling it, or anything of that nature. I do like it. It's much more solid, I think, than the previous one. This set includes two shadow knights, King Mathais, and the powder blue knight.

8876, Scorpian Prisoner Cave $39.99

This is a stable prison. My only complaint is that there is no interior. It's just a facade. The mechanism for opening the gate is nice, and I simply adore the hanging cage. It feels nice and solid, and it reminds me of the hanging cages that were used often many years ago for torture. I enjoy the history of torture, but that is another post. ;) The brick-built scorpian leaves something to be desired. There is a staircase to get to the highest tower, with a frankly sad looking little catapult. The same catapult is used on the side of the horse, and it's really sad. It doesn't look like it could do any damage at all! But it was a fun build. This set includes one shadow knight, Vladek, the purple knight, and the powder blue knight.

All in all, I really like the overall playability of the sets. They seem real stable, and I'm not afraid they'll fall apart at a moment's notice. I like them. I'd have no problem paying full price again for the two $19.99 sets, but I'd love them on sale. Here is a link to the folder containing all the pictures. They should mostly be through moderation by now.

Take em, leave em, do what you will with them. But they are better this time around. I'd reccomend them. There are plenty of basic pieces. A lot of plates, slopes, and arches. The only set with BURPs is the Scorpian Prisoner Cave.

So, thanks for reading this long post. If you've made it, congratulations! :D

Darkie

I enjoy the history of torture, but that is another post. blink.gif

8-| I pity your boyfriend! :-D

In all seriousness, thanks for the review (takes the load off my shoulders! :-D). I'll pin this as well!

My boyfriend? Nah. He's just as interested in it as I am. It's my figs you need to worry about....Hehehehe. I've made a lovely rendition of the RACK, which does indeed work. *devil*

Oh, and I will add those reviews to the main page's review section if this is okay for you!

Thanks for the review darkie, it's really appreciated :)