KotZ

Heroica RPG - Quest #158: Color Me Shocked

21 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Yeah, I'm waiting for ship to take me to Eubric. My dad said it's time for me to go out and explore the world." He leans in closer, as if to tell Petaldan a secret. "I'm going to go to Heroica and try to join the Heroes. I hear they're super cool. Like get the coolest weapons, armor. They get to go on all these cool quests and help people."

"Really?!? Wow! I just came from Eubric. I have to say that the city is...quite an interesting place. Nothing like home. Much more noisy and confusing and there are all sorts of people who get offended by one another and who don't say "Thank You" when they receive gifts. But there are a lot of nice people. They like me. They just don't really like each other so much."

I beam with delight when the boy mentions his fascination for heroes. "We do get really nice armour, although most of it we either came with or earn in our quests. Look at this sword!"

I show him the Slimy Sword, my eyes widening with excitement.

"I took this from a really yucky slime man who was trying to hurt me and my friends!"

1 hour ago, KotZ said:

"You don't get bit?" The dog shoots back, seemingly confused. "Now, I gotta say you seem like a nice person, but keep in mind I'm on a job. I'm waiting for five people."

"Fair enough.  Exactly who are you waiting for?"

1 hour ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran looks skeptical but gives the woman 40 gold. "I'll take two then!" 

1 hour ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval counts out 40 coins for the two flowers. I will take two as well my friends.  As he hands over the coins he asks.  We were told to seek out someone named Wilfred. Do either of you know anyone by that name?

lady.png
"Perfect!" she exclaims as she hands each two Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption).

bucaneer.png
"Now keep in mind here fellas we're not liable for any side-effects this may cause. Nausea, abdominal bleeding, sudden death, blindness, curses, afraid, or what have you." The man leans in. "We'd appreciate it if you kept these here a little hush-hush, tellin' only, y'know, non-guards. The people who own these flowers pretty have have the town watch in their pockets."

lady.png
"I don't know anyone by the name Wilfred. What an odd name."

bucaneer.png
"I had an old flame who was with a man named Wilfred. Nowhere near as good as me."

lady.png
"You never talk about your former mistresses."

bucaneer.png
"And I'm not startin' now. So, this Wilfred. Why you looking for him? He wrong you? Owe you some money?"

1 hour ago, Palathadric said:

"Really?!? Wow! I just came from Eubric. I have to say that the city is...quite an interesting place. Nothing like home. Much more noisy and confusing and there are all sorts of people who get offended by one another and who don't say "Thank You" when they receive gifts. But there are a lot of nice people. They like me. They just don't really like each other so much."

I beam with delight when the boy mentions his fascination for heroes. "We do get really nice armour, although most of it we either came with or earn in our quests. Look at this sword!"

I show him the Slimy Sword, my eyes widening with excitement.

"I took this from a really yucky slime man who was trying to hurt me and my friends!"

crew.png
"Whoa!" Charlie stares in awe at Petaldan and the others. "You guys are real Heroes? Are the stories true? You don't get scared of anything and nothing can kill you?"

12 minutes ago, Goliath said:

"Fair enough.  Exactly who are you waiting for?"

dog.png
"Probably shouldn't tell you, but what the Hel?" the dog replies. "Some people from Eubric. That's all I can say on the matter."

The Party

img_0711.jpg

Vindsval Half-Born (Asphalt)
39 year old, Male, Half Giant,
Level: 38 Vindicator *Gains Triple XP* *Immune to Asleep, Blinded, Confused, Fragile, and Weakened, Effects* Immune to Dark & Demonic enemies

Attacks cause Enraged, Burning 10, Poisoned 7, and Cursed.                                        
Power: 97 (38+50+1+1+6+1)
Power Bonus +9 (Armor +6, Henry's +2, Zoot's cookie +1)
Defense: 30
Health: 61/61 (9+33+15)
Ether: 42/42 (5+37)
Gold: 624
Equipment:                                                                                                                                      

Ludeus: WP: 25(50 with arm) Glowing Blade forged from the body of Immortalis. Be free from your endless burden, argent lord of lightning, and allow this blade to carry on your legacy. Successful hits have a 1/3 chance of Awakening the blade's true power, doubling the sword's WP for the next round. Doubling does not compound.  Greatsword/Longsword.
Shikokku's Stealth Suit (SP:7; Power +6, User is immune to Dark & Demonic enemies; Body, Head and Backwear counts as 1 Artefact)
Mythril Shield (SP: 20 Shield)
Mechanical Arm (Doubles WP for the equipped weapon; wearer cannot become disarmed; suitable for Vindsval only; handwear)
Wonky Shoes (footwear, SP: 3, suitable for all classes)(lent by Benj),
Medal of Glory (accessory, mark of true talent that allows the wearer to gain triple experience from battles, immunity toAsleep,Blinded,Confused, Fragile, and Weakened effects)(lent by Benji)
Inventory:

Consumables: 4X Mead, Smelling Salts, 5X Remedy, Potion, 11X Grand Potion, 3X Smoke Bomb, 3X Tonic, 4X Venom (poison -1), 3X Deadly Poison (Poison -10), Banana, Poison Bomb, 4X Hurricane - This exotic drink grants the Hilariously and Luckily Drunk-effect, doubling the power of every attack, provided the consumer can state a pun related to his attack with every attack for the duration of one battle, Bone, Fenghuang Essence, Agni Bomb, Elixir, Myrrh, Soma, 2X Phoenix Essence, Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Health Core, Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable) 3X Mulled Wine, 3X Ambrosia, 2X Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption)

Misc: Mythril Shard, 4X Grating Stone,  Bag of Wonder (Summons a random Decamon that joins the battle for 5 rounds. 10 uses remaining, Consumable), 

Weapons And Shields
Very Pink Parasol: Broomstick, WP:1, Male enemies are Enamored with the hero
Xeno Whip (WP:4, poisoning the Xeno Whip doubles the poison output, whip)
Ignis Blade (WP 5, Fire Elemental, Also ignore SP of foes weak to fire (Beasts, Icey, and Plants) Gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; Great Sword)

Gaia Blade (WP 5, Wood Elemental, Also ignore SP of foes weak to wood (aquatic and rock) Gems cannot be merged into or removed from the weapon; Great Sword)

Witch's Hammer (WP 8, Poison 10, Hammer)

Leets d’Loc (WP:9, ice-elemental longsword)
Verkenner (WP:10, Broomstick,ranged)                                                                             

Renegade’s Crook (WP: 10, successful healing also poisons the target’s weapon by 3, staff)

Undead Antlers (WP: 10, Grants Intimidation, Darkness Elemental, Halberd)
Simurgh Wingblade (WP:12, cannot be used with a shield; great-sword)
Twin Sai (WP: 12, dual strike, dagger)
Stygian Blade (WP: 12, Longsword: WP doubled when using it against an Ethereal or Ancient enemy. The aura it exudes seems to be very cold, very luminescent water, the blade of Charon, the Angel of Death.)
Crystal Blade: WP: 16, Greatsword. Imbued with a diamond, as is light-elemental as a result. A transparent blade that the fallen angel Glaz wielded
Wrath Lance (WP:16, causes enraged and burning 10, poison 7 and cursed; Darkness and Fire Elemental, lance)

Artefacts:
Toxic Hood: (Headwear. The green hood worn by the Rosalia Pestilence. Changes the poisoned effect, to Blessed for the duration of the battle if poisoned while wearing the hood, Usable by all.)
Ten-Gallon Hat: Gives the wearer the "Tourist" effect, causing no one to take them seriously)
Gloves of the Hypocritical/Hippocratic Oath, Handwear, (Adds +10 to healing for characters with the Healing job trait and + 10 Poisoning for characters with the Wicked (or future equivalent) fighting style )
Mythril Mail (SP:10; suitable to knights and barbarians only; bodywear)
Anniversary Medal (Power +5, SP +5, Max Health +5, Max Ether +5. Values increase by 1 with each passing year; Accessory)
Gauntlets of the Legionnaire (Power +5, immune to Petrified, Handwear)                    

Wanderer's Seal (Vindicator's Seal, grants access to the Vindicator job class; suitable to followers of the Wanderer only)

Multi-tool Attachment (Artificial arm, Enables user to ignore the weapon restrictions of their class excluding Shields, Handwear, Suitable for Vindsval)

Gems: Emerald X2, Aquamarine , Garnet, Opal, Topaz, Diamond

Scrolls,
Scroll of Poisoning. Can be cast on a weapon to give it Poison 10, for the duration of the battle at the cost of 5 Ether.
Scroll of Frailty (Enables casting the Fragile effect to one target for three round. Each casting has a 50/50 chance of success and costs 1 ether.)

Decamon Cards: Cherub (Luminous 3)

Tools: Bed Roll, Shovel, Magic Compass

petaldan_parfenius.jpgPaladin Petaldan Parfenius (Played by Palathadric)
5-year-old male "wonder" Knight *Immune to *Stunned*, *Bound*, *Petrified**and *Rock (Earth)*-Elemental Damage
Level:
Power: 17
Defense: 9
Health: 23/23 10+11+2*
Gold: 98
Equipment: Brine Blade (WP: 5, 1/6 chance to trigger a Flood (see Weather Mage) when dealing damage, Longsword), Shield (SP: 5; Shield), Gloves of the Boy Wonder (SP:2; immunity to *Stunned*, *Bound*, and *Petrified*; suitable to Petaldan only; handwear), Really Hard Helmet (SP: 2, Immunity to Rock)
Inventory:
Weapons: Slimy Sword (WP:20, can be split into several weaker Slimy Swords or combined with other Slimy Swords to increase WP and split apart again at any time, Longsword)
Artifacts: Baron's Oversized Hat (wearer is permanently Encouraged and Slowed; headwear), Cloak of Innocence (SP: 3; grants the wearer immunity to Darkness, if the health of the wearer is below 50% the wearer is also *Blessed*; Backwear; Suitable for Petaldan only)
Gems: Emerald
Consumables: Grand Potion x 2, Remedy x 2, Phoenix Essence, Ambrosia, Smoke Bomb x 6, Fire Bomb, Level-Up Mushroom
Tools: Bedroll, Etherium Ore (may applied to one weapon to allow it to deal the Sealed-effect permanently), Letter of Recommendation (Increases reputation with one of the seven main factions depending on the user's choice.)
*Greasy Sausage

po8wl0x.pngAddok-Zo Obbex (Goliath)
135 year old Male Wakorian Ranger
Level 7
Power: 18 (7 + 11)
Defense: 0
Health: 8/12
Gold: 125
Equipment: Crossbow (wp:11), Scavenger's Toolkit  (Replaces the user's '4' roll with ENHANCEMENT (see Artisan); accessory, suitable to Addok-Zo only)

Weapon and Armor: Bandits crossbow (WP.5, Crossbow)Jury-Rigged Long Hand Cannon (WP:3), Pugilist’s Gloves (Power +2, protects from weakened-effect; handwear.), Leather Armor
Inventory: 1 Mead, 4 Potion, 1 Smoke Bomb, 2 Venom,  1 Fire Bomb,  1 lightningbombs, 1 Carrion beetle horn (The horn can be attached to any blunt weapon to permanently deal Bleeding 2 effect) (but also including spears, polearms, handcannons etc. Only swordlike weapons are excluded), bone.

* Additional +1 health from eating a moldy sausage. (Quest 154)

29831773111_ce9d27418d_t.jpg
Ezeran Yavarr (MysticModulus)
42 year old male human Sorcerer
Level 21.67 *Immune to Wood and Fire, Sealed and Blindness* *Enemies that hit Ezeran become slowed*
Power Bonus: 3 (+2 spellpower)
Defense: 6
Health: 35/35
Ether: 29/29
Gold: 273
Equipment: Ooze Wand (WP: 10, 1/3 chance to Slow), Sneezing Demon (SP:3; enemies that hit the wearer become slowed; immunity to woodfire  and blindness, suitable to Ezeran only; bodywear), Etherium Pauldrons (SP:3, immune to sealed; backwear), Sedge hat (Max. Ether +4; headwear)
Inventory:
Weapons - 
Trickster’s Baubel (WP:6, each hit causes one random effect: stunned, poisoned by 1, asleep, blinded, sealed or confused; wand), Ancient Sapphamber Staff (WP:8, doubled against Ancient enemies, staff), Simple Staff (WP: 10)
Artifacts - Hood of the Elementalist (SP:1, *Absorbs darkness*; headwear, suitable to anyone),  Pointy Hat, Mage's Muffler, Bad Luck Charm, White Ninja Cowl, Begone with the Winds (Allows access to the Weather Mage Class, Accessory)
Gems - Emerald (Wood), Ruby (Fire), Diamond (Light),  Sapphire (wind), Amethyst (Darkness)
Consumables - 5x grand potions, 5x grand tonics, 3x Remedy, 2x smelling salts, ether core, nostrums, 2x Smoke Bomb, myrrh, venom, Mulled Wine, Pickled Mushroom, Soma, 2x Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption)
Tools - Crescent Seal  (+2 Power, +1 Free item usage during the first round of battle), Bedroll, Shovel

vJi7H1L.png Matthias @StickFig
Level 29⅔ Druid *Immune to EarthIce, and Water* *Immune to Blinded, Bound, Fragile, Sealed, and Slowed* *½ chance immunity to Asleep*Deals Fragile* *Gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed*
Power Bonus: 15
Defense: 7
Health:
 41/41
Ether: 30/30
Gold: 435
Abilities: Bearer of the Anvil (Matthias may sacrifice his turn to add his WP or SP to another heroes for the round; he may also improve one weapon at the end of each quest [+1 WP]), Immortal Waters (Once per quest, Matthias can heal himself to full health and remove all negative effects during combat; this does not take up an action)
Equipment: Ethereal Restored Fireball Extraordinaire (WP:12; also hits enemies listed above and below the target; 
Darkness-, Ice-, and Lightning-elemental; deals Fragile; user is Slowed; hand cannon), Ethereal Steampunk Stovepipe (SP:1; immunity to Earth and Water; protects from Blinded and Sealed; ½ chance to protect from Asleep-effect; suitable for men; headwear), Hunter's Plate (SP:4; wearer gains 10 gold for each Humanoid killed; suitable for rogues, rangers, barbarians, beast warriors, infiltrators, regulators, and winged warriors) (Dreyrugr), Ethereal Rocket Boots (SP:2; immunity to Ice; protects from BoundFragile, and Slowed effects; footwear), Sungold Seal (+3 power, +2 health)
Inventory: Ethereal XX Handcannon Replica (WP:12, pierces defense, 
Fire- and Light-elemental, deals Afraid, hand cannon),  Peashooter (WP:2, deals Burning -2, hand cannon), Stave of Grasping Thorns (WP:15; Roots of Life triggers a Kudzu (see Weather Mage); staff)Tinkerer's Wrench (WP:10; double WP against Mechanical; ranged, retrievable, throwing weapon), Dapper Hat (This amazingly dapper hat gives the wearer a  chance of being Encouraged at the start of any battle, headwear)Trickster's Mask of the Human (Changes the wearer into a human of the same gender when worn, accessory), 2x Adamantite Shard (¼ of a full Adamantite ore, used for adamantizing weapons), 8x Bone (Distracts the target for the duration of 1 round, preventing Free Hits; worth 5 gold in magic shops), Candy Cane (Restores 10 Health and 5 Ether), Deadly Venom, 3x Elixir, Emergency Essence, Grand Potion, Grand Tonic, 2x Grating Stone, 5x Nostrum, Potion, 2x Red Death Blood, 3x Remedy, 4x Shattering Arrow (Lowers enemy SP by 5, suitable for classes with bows and crossbows), 5x Smelling Salts, 3x Tonic, Zhar-ptitsa Incense (Revives all party members to full health and grants the Blessed, Reinforced, and Transcended effects, consumable), Bedroll, Magic Compass, 3x Fire Bomb, Skadi Bomb, Smoke Bomb
Quest Items: Guffington's Seal (Proves the hero is a Friend of Guffington - the hero starts every quest with one Hero's Cocktail (Makes the hero EncouragedHastenedLucky, and Inspired, consumable))
Glory Points: 44

Edited by KotZ

13 hours ago, KotZ said:

lady.png
"Perfect!" she exclaims as she hands each two Golden Lotus Flower (heals to full health upon consumption).

bucaneer.png
"Now keep in mind here fellas we're not liable for any side-effects this may cause. Nausea, abdominal bleeding, sudden death, blindness, curses, afraid, or what have you." The man leans in. "We'd appreciate it if you kept these here a little hush-hush, tellin' only, y'know, non-guards. The people who own these flowers pretty have have the town watch in their pockets."

Ezeran studies the two flowers before carefully putting them in his satchel. He nods to the symbiont. "I have my own permanent side-effect. I'm sure they will cause no physical discomfort. Is there, hypothetical speaking, a special kind of garden for these plants and the like? Where could it be located, hypothetical speaking that is..."

14 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Whoa!" Charlie stares in awe at Petaldan and the others. "You guys are real Heroes? Are the stories true? You don't get scared of anything and nothing can kill you?"

"Well...I don't know about all that." I blush. "I mean, I know I have been afraid, but my daddy always used to say that bravery wasn't about not being afraid, but about facing my fears."

7 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

Ezeran studies the two flowers before carefully putting them in his satchel. He nods to the symbiont. "I have my own permanent side-effect. I'm sure they will cause no physical discomfort. Is there, hypothetical speaking, a special kind of garden for these plants and the like? Where could it be located, hypothetical speaking that is..."

The giant lets out a small laugh and grins at the stangely dressed man.  My friend you would not like where these flowers grow.  I was one of those tasked with their initial retrieval.  I do not call myself the Scorpion Knight because I was born in the dessert.

11 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

3 hours ago, Asphalt said:

The giant lets out a small laugh and grins at the stangely dressed man.  My friend you would not like where these flowers grow.  I was one of those tasked with their initial retrieval.  I do not call myself the Scorpion Knight because I was born in the dessert.

"The green one is right," the man confirms. "It comes from the Den's family house. It's a death sentence if you're caught."

11 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Well...I don't know about all that." I blush. "I mean, I know I have been afraid, but my daddy always used to say that bravery wasn't about not being afraid, but about facing my fears."

"That sounds pretty smart," Charlie replies, thinking on those words. 

On 6/22/2017 at 3:26 PM, KotZ said:

"Couple of my people, foreigners. Of course, I hope you don't go telling people that. I'm actually here to fetch some people." The dog replies. 

On 6/22/2017 at 3:40 PM, Goliath said:

"Depends.  What's in it for me?"

On 6/22/2017 at 3:52 PM, KotZ said:

"You don't get bit?" The dog shoots back, seemingly confused. "Now, I gotta say you seem like a nice person, but keep in mind I'm on a job. I'm waiting for five people."

Matthias takes an instant dislike to the other hero's rudeness. "Five people... like perhaps myself, Master Selfish here, the half-giant, the sorcerer with the weird shirt and purple hat, and the young knight in shining armor?"

"Master Vindsval, I believe we have found our contact,the gnome calls out.

12 hours ago, StickFig said:

Matthias takes an instant dislike to the other hero's rudeness. "Five people... like perhaps myself, Master Selfish here, the half-giant, the sorcerer with the weird shirt and purple hat, and the young knight in shining armor?"

Addok-Zo takes note of the tiny man's comment and grunts at him.  "A mutt tasked with fetching five heroes?  Seems rather absurd.  Who in their right mind would draft such an important task to a dog?  What if none of us could understand the dog?"

15 hours ago, KotZ said:

"That sounds pretty smart," Charlie replies, thinking on those words. 

"Oh, my dad is the smartest!"

3 hours ago, Goliath said:

Addok-Zo takes note of the tiny man's comment and grunts at him.  "A mutt tasked with fetching five heroes?  Seems rather absurd.  Who in their right mind would draft such an important task to a dog?  What if none of us could understand the dog?"

"It's amazing; our employer purposefully hired not one, but two of us who can speak with animals, and yet only one had a brain. I suppose our employer was rather lucky, if indeed we are the five Master Dog is looking for.Matthias rolls his eyes under the brim of his hat. Speaking up to Half-Born, he adds, "Master Dog here is waiting for a party of five."

Just now, StickFig said:

"It's amazing; our employer purposefully hired not one, but two of us who can speak with animals, and yet only one had a brain. I suppose our employer was rather lucky, if indeed we are the five Master Dog is looking for.Matthias rolls his eyes under the brim of his hat. Speaking up to Half-Born, he adds, "Master Dog here is waiting for a party of five."

Ezeran smiled at Matthias remarks, he was glad that someone with Matthias wits and experience was part of the group.

21 hours ago, StickFig said:

8 hours ago, MysticModulus said:

He can't possibly mean the dog can he?

8 hours ago, Goliath said:

4 hours ago, StickFig said:

dog.png
"Wait, you're the five Heroes that William sent for?" the dog asks. "Well, glad to know we're on the same side. I'm Wilfred. And yes, I am tasked to bring you to the meeting point."

6 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Oh, my dad is the smartest!"

crew.png
"I bet!" Charlie notices the other Heroes crowding around the dog and looking ready to go. "Well, maybe I'll see you around the Eubric!"

Wilfred watches Charlie head off. "If everyone is settled, I'll lead you to our hideout."

And with that, Wilfred took the Heroes down the streets of Cathargo. Like a good spy, Wilfred took multiple backways and turns, hoping to throw off any pursuers. There seemingly weren't any. Finally, they reached the meeting point: a small inn. Wilfred led the party up the stairs and into the room William had rented.

img_1727.jpg

william.png
"There they are!" William Morris, the mayor of Tridentia said. "We were starting to get worried. I thought Wilfred here couldn't find you all."

traci.png
"You must be Vinsdval," Traci said with a nod towards the half-giant. "I've heard many good things about you from Luke." She then turned to the rest of the party. "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Traci. The Heroes Annie, Avalanche, Warlen, and Calamity helped train me some time back on Tridentia."

jackson.png
"Same here. I'm Jackson. We've called on Heroica more times than we care to admit. But you guys are always helpful and know what you're doing."

william.png
"Yes, hopefully we can end this once and for all, allowing Heroes to come to Tridentia for leisure rather than business," William added with a chuckle.

luke.png
"Hi, Vinsdval," Luke said. Since the last time Vindsval had seen him, Luke had certainly grown up. There was even a small hair growing on his chin.

william.png
"And this here is my adopted son, Luke, for you newcomers. We're glad you're here. This is going to be an important task in securing Tridentia's safety."

Edited by KotZ

Matthias doffs his hat and gives a small bow as each person is introduced, but gives Half-Born the floor to make introductions or begin the briefings and negotiations.

Ezeran smiles and nods politely towards the people introducing themselves. The symbiont seems more interested in a bowl of crisps standing on the counter.

Addok-Zo, noticeably annoyed by the short man's arrogance, mutters under his breath.  "Pompous piece of-."

OoC: Just as a heads up, I won't be able to post until tomorrow night as I got tons of yardwork to do and have to clean out a pool.

Edited by Goliath

19 hours ago, KotZ said:

"Yes, hopefully we can end this once and for all, allowing Heroes to come to Tridentia for leisure rather than business," William added with a chuckle.

"Hmmm...I didn't know heroes went on vacations."

22 hours ago, KotZ said:

dog.png
"Wait, you're the five Heroes that William sent for?" the dog asks. "Well, glad to know we're on the same side. I'm Wilfred. And yes, I am tasked to bring you to the meeting point."

crew.png
"I bet!" Charlie notices the other Heroes crowding around the dog and looking ready to go. "Well, maybe I'll see you around the Eubric!"

Wilfred watches Charlie head off. "If everyone is settled, I'll lead you to our hideout."

And with that, Wilfred took the Heroes down the streets of Cathargo. Like a good spy, Wilfred took multiple backways and turns, hoping to throw off any pursuers. There seemingly weren't any. Finally, they reached the meeting point: a small inn. Wilfred led the party up the stairs and into the room William had rented.

img_1727.jpg

william.png
"There they are!" William Morris, the mayor of Tridentia said. "We were starting to get worried. I thought Wilfred here couldn't find you all."

traci.png
"You must be Vinsdval," Traci said with a nod towards the half-giant. "I've heard many good things about you from Luke." She then turned to the rest of the party. "Allow me to introduce myself, I'm Traci. The Heroes Annie, Avalanche, Warlen, and Calamity helped train me some time back on Tridentia."

jackson.png
"Same here. I'm Jackson. We've called on Heroica more times than we care to admit. But you guys are always helpful and know what you're doing."

william.png

luke.png
"Hi, Vinsdval," Luke said. Since the last time Vindsval had seen him, Luke had certainly grown up. There was even a small hair growing on his chin.

william.png
"And this here is my adopted son, Luke, for you newcomers. We're glad you're here. This is going to be an important task in securing Tridentia's safety."

Vindsval knuckles his forehead and bow low in respect to the mayor.  Mayor William it is good to see you again.  Though it would seem that we never meet under peaceful circumstances.

He then extends a hand to the woman introduced as Traci and then again to the man Jackson.  Well Met.  If Mistress Annie had a hand in your training I will gladly place my life in your hands. 

Finally he turns to the once boy, now young man.  LUKE LAD!!!  It does my heard well to see you.  Though perhaps I can call you lad no longer.  You have changed as much as I since our last meeting.  When introductions are done I would hear your tale. 

Mayor, Luke, Traci, Jackson, allow me to introduce my companions.  He point to each hero in turn.  Matthias, Petaldan, Addok-Zo, and Ezaran. We offer our blades, spells, and masteries to you in service to the Island.  Now please.  Tell us what it was that caused you to call upon the hall once more?

19 hours ago, Palathadric said:

"Hmmm...I didn't know heroes went on vacations."

william.png
"If they don't, hopefully they can now."

17 hours ago, Asphalt said:

Vindsval knuckles his forehead and bow low in respect to the mayor.  Mayor William it is good to see you again.  Though it would seem that we never meet under peaceful circumstances.

He then extends a hand to the woman introduced as Traci and then again to the man Jackson.  Well Met.  If Mistress Annie had a hand in your training I will gladly place my life in your hands. 

Finally he turns to the once boy, now young man.  LUKE LAD!!!  It does my heard well to see you.  Though perhaps I can call you lad no longer.  You have changed as much as I since our last meeting.  When introductions are done I would hear your tale. 

Mayor, Luke, Traci, Jackson, allow me to introduce my companions.  He point to each hero in turn.  Matthias, Petaldan, Addok-Zo, and Ezaran. We offer our blades, spells, and masteries to you in service to the Island.  Now please.  Tell us what it was that caused you to call upon the hall once more?

luke.png
"Yes, I'm far too big now to scramble up onto your shoulders," Luke says.

william.png
"Now, I reason Heroica usually doesn't contract out its Heroes for assassinations, but hear me out on this one," William starts. "For a long time we've been plagued by the Den family. Calder Den, II was the first we had a run in with, back when we first called on Heroica. The third time, his father Calder ordered  raiders to start harassing our ships. The raiders grew bold and attacked the island even. Luckily, with the help of Heroica we managed to beat them back. Their captain, Luthan, was imprisoned, and is currently awaiting sentencing. He did give us information on who it was attacking us." William walks over to a window and looks out at a majestic building in the distance. "That building there, Vindsval, you may recognize. It's where Calder Den and his grandson live. You went there with other Heroes to deliver a golden lotus flower to them."

jackson.png
"The flower, if you don't know," Jackson chimes in, "has healing properties. The artists he called on used the flower to paint some of the house. We've had spies in their residence give us intelligence."

william.png
"You might be jumping ahead there, Jackson." William looks back at the Heroes. "Yes, that did happen. Since the raids stopped, we as a town decided to go on the offensive for once. Captain Grayson, the leader of the militia, came here with Jackson, Traci, and Rex--our specialist in all things distance-- and started to scout out the area. We've been able to get one of the Dens' servants to become an informant. When we found out the Dens look to strike us again, we knew we had to call Heroica to stop the Dens. Luke and myself immediately came to Carthago to overlook the operation."

traci.png
"I've gotten pretty close to the house and looked around. It won't be easy to take the Dens down, but we have to try, or they are going to continue to harass Tridentia until they finally destroy it."

Vindsval glares down at the mayor.

You would have me help you kill an old man in cold blood and begin a civil war, over the possibility of further aggression?   You ask much William.  Cold and arrogant the Den family was, but I saw no evidence of them being  killers.  I will not deny you may blade in defense of your families, but you will need to show me evidence that they have become the would be tyrants that you claim before I will sneak into an old man's home and strike him down as he sleeps. 

Lucas, what do you have to add to Master William's account? 

Matthias whispers to the others out of the corner of his mouth. "These people need to make up their minds. Vacation? Assassination? They are as bad as bloody elves.

"Killing decrepit old men is not exactly noble but if it ensures the protection you and your loved ones, I suppose we could help.  I want to know - exactly what have they done?  I have doubts they started giving you all a hard time without reason."