The Librarian

Resistance M-Wing

Incom's H57 M-Wing was designed as a combat shuttle combining the manoeuvrability of a starfighter with the cargo capacity of a light transport. Pilots subsequently joked that it actually combined the agility of a transport with the cargo capacity of a starfighter. Built cheaply and bought in bulk by the New Republic, many M-Wings have ended up in the hands of the Resistance, who use them for emergency supply drops into contested territory and delivering urgent medical assistance to the First Order's victims.

I ended up with an extra copy of the new canopy while on an X-Wing building spree at the start of the year and built this to use it up. I feel it is . . . all right. The techniques are pleasing and I'm happy I was able to fit so many figs in the back (six in total), but overall . . . it's just there, really.

But, for posterity, I thought I'd show it off all the same.

35243183822_3b7f633852_b.jpgM-Wing - capacity by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

34600183813_2d0d8d6a2a_c.jpgM-Wing by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

34567466224_e78fd5780e_c.jpgM-Wing by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

35243182382_f8167d6ac4_c.jpgM-Wing - underside by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

34600192443_ba79ceff91_c.jpgM-Wing - passenger compartment by Librarian-Bot, on Flickr

Enjoy!

One builder's mediocrity is another builder's best build ever....At least, that's much better than anything I've ever built.  It reminds me a lot of a shape I've been wanting to build for years, but have never been able to build for lack of parts and skill.  Would you mind posting some more photos to show the structure of the build?  Maybe that would help me get started on mine.  I'm especially curious about the nose structure and the landing gear.  The ship itself looks like it would fit very well in the Star Wars universe - sort of like the Resistance equivalent of the U-wing.  Go figure - they're both Incom products!

That looks great, no gaps, smooth surfacing, and it has plenty of playability! Nice work!

Cool idea for using spare parts, it looks like it could be the resistance version of a U-wing role craft for combat and transport purposes. Honestly, I like it better than the resistance troop carrier, even if the general shape itself is nothing spectacular.

You did use parts of a U-wing for this right?

Outstanding!  Kinda like a mash up of an X-Wing and a U-Wing.  Perfectly utilitarian like most Star Wars vehicles.

I love it! It's kinda like the pickup truck version of an E-Wing.