Amazing Bricks

SDCC Superheroes Exclusive Minifigures Guessing Game 2017

Well HBO just announced an upcoming Watchmen series. I guess the clue in the Marvel 2017 thread is legit. One of the SDCC figs will be from Watchmen. Hmmm

8 hours ago, Chookdude said:

Lego Batman Movie - Dr Phosphurus

Marvel - Kraglin

Dc - Rip Hunter

I'd hope that they wouldn't make any LBM villains SDCC exclusives- with the third wave and second CMF series and only 5 villains (including the Killer Moth variant) uncounted for, it would be unwise. A Batman/Joker/Batgirl variant would be fine but I don't think they should make any new character the Batman Movie exclusive

I'm liking Duncan's train of thought, but we got Atom the year Legends came out, so I'm betting we'll see some representation from DC's newest show.

DC - Black Lightning

Marvel - Korg

I'm thinking Marvel might be a step ahead of us, and is gonna start promoting Thor by then. I'm thinking that mostly so I can have a unique guess, even though Cowboy Cap, DIY Spider-Man, or somebody from whatever their big headlining comic event this year is are the safest possible bets. 

Of course, this is assuming we actually get exclusives this year, since Sir Gareth seems to be indicating that that might not be the case..

What if the SDCC figures weren't completely exclusive, for example they gave out Reverse Flash at CC this year but then next year they release the same figure in a regular set to the public. Therefore the SDCC can still have there exclusives- but just not forever. I think that would be a much better way to run this, well at least for the people that can't get there hands on the figs. 

41 minutes ago, TheLegoExperience said:

Of course, one of my favorites.

Also it's Dr Phosphorus not Blight, though they do look almost identical :tongue:

8 hours ago, Duncan Young said:

I'd hope that they wouldn't make any LBM villains SDCC exclusives- with the third wave and second CMF series and only 5 villains (including the Killer Moth variant) uncounted for, it would be unwise. A Batman/Joker/Batgirl variant would be fine but I don't think they should make any new character the Batman Movie exclusive

That's what I hope, I want to complete the entire set of LBM, so if they decide to do it, I would be really annoyed too. I think for SDCC, they could maybe do just the builds with figures from the past.

Ohhh that would be truly evil

Gentleman Ghost and Dr Phosphorus wouldn't need new pieces 

9 hours ago, Foxes Productionz said:

What if the SDCC figures weren't completely exclusive, for example they gave out Reverse Flash at CC this year but then next year they release the same figure in a regular set to the public. Therefore the SDCC can still have there exclusives- but just not forever. I think that would be a much better way to run this, well at least for the people that can't get there hands on the figs. 

Azog and bard are good examples of that from the hobbit line. Green lantern and bizarro were exclusives and then got released with a different variant later on. Anything is possible.

2 hours ago, Amazing Bricks said:

Azog and bard are good examples of that from the hobbit line. Green lantern and bizarro were exclusives and then got released with a different variant later on. Anything is possible.

I'd prefer it if they release the character again to the public as a different variant. That works fine, but having SDCC exclusive characters makes me really sad.

they should just do minibuilds with current minifigures or ones that will be available later. Like the Ultron or Superman Cover set

I didn't know these topics were a tradition. I'll happily join!

Marvel: Spider-man Homemade Suit (I'm not copying people, I've had this feeling since we saw the Homecoming sets. :tongue:)

TLBM: Batman Easter Suit

I'll hold off on my DC guess. I was not prepared for this, since I had really thought the DC exclusive would be a TLBM one. :shrug_oh_well:

3 hours ago, steveholt said:

they should just do minibuilds with current minifigures or ones that will be available later. Like the Ultron or Superman Cover set

Now this- this would be ideal. All the collector's benefits, but without depriving us of some of that same satisfaction. If we wanted to, we could track down all the parts and build Ultron's Throne or the Action Comics set, but we still wouldn't have the official box or instructions. Shit, just add in a plate or something with an exclusive print that certifies it as a collector's item, kinda like what the Quinjet and Tumbler sets did. Everybody wins that way.

3 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

Now this- this would be ideal. All the collector's benefits, but without depriving us of some of that same satisfaction. If we wanted to, we could track down all the parts and build Ultron's Throne or the Action Comics set, but we still wouldn't have the official box or instructions. Shit, just add in a plate or something with an exclusive print that certifies it as a collector's item, kinda like what the Quinjet and Tumbler sets did. Everybody wins that way.

Love for collection wins, atleast everybody's happy.

On a sidenote, I don't want it to be the Homemade Spidey suit, it leaves "us" collectors on completing the first ever spidey in MCU figs.

Not if they will follow the ideas above, hopefully! But yea. All of us want (or should I say need) that Homemade suit.

12 minutes ago, SpiderJazz said:

Love for collection wins, atleast everybody's happy.

On a sidenote, I don't want it to be the Homemade Spidey suit, it leaves "us" collectors on completing the first ever spidey in MCU figs.

Not if they will follow the ideas above, hopefully! But yea. All of us want (or should I say need) that Homemade suit.

I sincerely hope we all get the homemade suit, although I don't see how in the short term. If it's between having it as an SDCC exclusive or none at all, I'd go for the lesser evil. Regardless I have no influence on TLG's decisions. :tongue:

Ditto for Spidey 2099. I think he's a possibility for this year. I want us to get him sometime, but I'd rather it be widely available.

@BrickHat well said, atleast they don't dissapoint the fans. Because they already did that with The Collector, (he is the only one missing in my GoTG collection) sad part is I'll never get that one. 

I want it to be available for all, I have no problems with SDCC exclusive figs, they have the right to get "exclusive" because they spend lots of money and time. But yea, who knows if what TLG do, they could release it on a poly. Wishful thinking.

17 hours ago, BrickHat said:

I sincerely hope we all get the homemade suit, although I don't see how in the short term. If it's between having it as an SDCC exclusive or none at all, I'd go for the lesser evil. Regardless I have no influence on TLG's decisions. :tongue:

Ditto for Spidey 2099. I think he's a possibility for this year. I want us to get him sometime, but I'd rather it be widely available.

There's always surprise polybags. Something like they did with Rocket, Winter Soldier, and Martian Manhunter would be suuuper nice, especially since it's really just two new prints. I'd like to believe that Spidey 2099 is on the way, since TT used the web cape from the Halloween CMF line on him instead of just making it an in-game effect, but they've gotten better and better at imitating Lego's designs. At least we know Gwen's off the table, since she's already been a big focus in the new cartoon's merchandising. I'd say the DIY suit, Gwenpool, and Cowboy Cap are pretty likely.

51 minutes ago, Numbuh1Nerd said:

There's always surprise polybags. Something like they did with Rocket, Winter Soldier, and Martian Manhunter would be suuuper nice, especially since it's really just two new prints. I'd like to believe that Spidey 2099 is on the way, since TT used the web cape from the Halloween CMF line on him instead of just making it an in-game effect, but they've gotten better and better at imitating Lego's designs. At least we know Gwen's off the table, since she's already been a big focus in the new cartoon's merchandising. I'd say the DIY suit, Gwenpool, and Cowboy Cap are pretty likely.

I hope you are right! We haven't seen a Marvel polybag in a while, though. It seems that DC gets all the love in that sense. I'm not holding my breath for a polybag, but I'll certainly be among the happiest if we see a polybag with either of those characters.

7 hours ago, Monkey Joe said:

Marvel: Squirrel Girl

DC: Black Adam

WHY WOULD YOU EVEN SUGGEST THAT MY PRECIOUS DOREEN WOULD BE VICTIM TO SUCH A TRAVESTY YOU MONSTER :cry_sad::cry_sad::cry_sad:

I'd say Black Adam's too big a villain to get tossed under the bus like that. If DC wants to get two whole movies out of the guy, they're probably gonna want to put him in a set, too.