Sign in to follow this  
Legostone

The Search for the lost Captain - Part 1: Preparations

A quick note ahead - given time constraints and other things, I can't guarantee that I'll continue this storyline, but I have a couple ideas, so I hope I'll do it. 
Characters:
Jerome Monezterrell - My Sigfig, owner of the Monezterrell shipyards and accountant of MAESTRO as well as Sec. of Navy
Farrucio Paraja - Naval Architect; one of the most important people in the Monezterrell shipyards
(Captain) Lamar Evercrees - Was the captain of the Cardinal which was taken by the Sea Rats in the battle of the five fleets; rumors say he remains alive, whereabouts unknown
Ericc Evercrees - Brother of Lamar Evercrees; excellent Navigator and first mate waiting for a promotion.

The following conversation happens in the docks of Fuerte Unido:

Jerome Monezterrell - My search crews have found a group of survivers on the beach here, they said the pirates had dropped off groups of 5 on rafts, and they saw your brother on one of them. They had no idea where that was though - they saw the raft floating towards another island, but they had no idea which one as he was dropped of earlier. Given these circumstances, he is probably alive, but we have no idea where exactly. We'll have to send out a crew to search him - maybe we can find more survivors or even hunt down a couple of those pirates.

Ericc Evercrees - That is the best message in weeks! Farrucio, how long until this ship is ready to sail so we can go search for 'em? 

Farrucio Paraja - Given the motivation and speed of our workers, I say we'll be able to leave in about a week. The guncrews on the Eslandolan vessels were very accurate - barely any damage done to the hull, but the rigging on the Logan (Note: the one remaining capture from the battle of the five fleets) was heavily damaged.

Ericc Evercrees - better than sinking it for sure!

Farrucio Paraja - You also said you wanted more than the two dinghies we currently have on board? Remember that the deck will already be quite crowded... We are also contemplating whether or not we should add the carronades to the quarterdeck and forecastle - it'll cost you some sailing performance and make the upper deck even more crowded.

Ericc Evercrees - As many dinghies as possible! Scrap the carronades, given the sheer number of small islands we'll have to check I rather have a dozen dinghies! Can you also hang one from the stern? I remember you doing that before on another ship...

Farrucio Paraja - I'll consult with the other shipbuilders, I'll get back to you once I have an answer.

Jerome Monezterrell - Ericc, can you, until we find your brother, also take over his Council position? We need to keep the seats in the Council filled.

Ericc Evercrees - I hope I won't have to remain in that position for too long; I'm not a man for politics, but I'll be able to manage that position. 

35382293665_1608590f7e_c.jpg

Hey! Do I see old capes?? A brilliant idea!! Apart from that, I am eagerly awaiting for the next chapters. Oh, and gz on your new BoBS spot!

Nice sigfigs, LS, especially the Monezterrell one, I do have his head, but not the torso, it should be a hard to find now. 

I second BD, the old cape is a good idea.

More pictures of the ship please, and the dinghies'.

Sweet build Legostone :D

Congratz on your new badges :sweet: well deserved!

Good story, and nice job of illustrating it. I hope they find the captain soon.

And I will echo the others: ingenious use of the old plastic cape. :thumbup:

Woo hoo, stories! :grin: :thumbup:  Very nice start to this adventure, and I definitely hope you can find the time and motivation to keep it up! :excited:  Ericc Evercrees looks like an awesome fig too - I'll second the others on the use of those capes!  Looking forward to seeing this ship with a thousand dinghies! :laugh:

On 6/19/2017 at 7:35 PM, blackdeathgr said:

Hey! Do I see old capes?? A brilliant idea!! Apart from that, I am eagerly awaiting for the next chapters. Oh, and gz on your new BoBS spot!

Yes! Feel free to use them:D Thanks!

On 6/20/2017 at 1:45 AM, Bodi said:

Nice sigfigs, LS, especially the Monezterrell one, I do have his head, but not the torso, it should be a hard to find now. 

I second BD, the old cape is a good idea.

More pictures of the ship please, and the dinghies'.

For the ship you'll probably have to wait another ~2 weeks as I want to finish it before posting the completed one. 

On 6/20/2017 at 0:19 PM, Maxim I said:

Sweet build Legostone :D

Congratz on your new badges :sweet: well deserved!

Thanks!

On 6/20/2017 at 10:33 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Good story, and nice job of illustrating it. I hope they find the captain soon.

And I will echo the others: ingenious use of the old plastic cape. :thumbup:

I hope so too! Feel free to steal them :pir-laugh:

On 6/21/2017 at 3:11 AM, Garmadon said:

Woo hoo, stories! :grin: :thumbup:  Very nice start to this adventure, and I definitely hope you can find the time and motivation to keep it up! :excited:  Ericc Evercrees looks like an awesome fig too - I'll second the others on the use of those capes!  Looking forward to seeing this ship with a thousand dinghies! :laugh:

Its only gonna carry as many dinghies as I can put together and fit on there sadly, I think more than 4 or maybe 5 will be quite difficult to fit :pir-grin:

On 6/23/2017 at 10:30 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Awaiting further chapters!

(Yes, a storyline is a dangerous game within itself... :pir-grin:)

Here is me hoping that I don't have to cancel the next chapter again because of other unexpected actions taking priority (and having to re-setup our home network, which is more difficult than it sounds like...)