1.png

History:

The legendary Peruvian citadel of Machu Picchu is the most familiar icon of the Inca civilization. Located in the Sacred Valley, which is 80 kilometers (50 miles) northwest of Cuzco, it was constructed around 1450 at the height of the Inca empire. Most archaeologists believe that Machu Picchu served as an estate for the Inca Emperor Pachacutec (1438-1472) and was abandoned just over 100 years later in 1572 because of the Spanish Conquest. Machu Picchu was rediscovered in 1911 by American historian and explorer Hiram Bingham. In 1983, UNESCO designated Machu Picchu as a World Heritage Site.

Model Features:

This microscale model of Machu Picchu showcases several key architecture features of the iconic building:

2.png

Model Info:

The model has 511 pieces and measures 20.8 x 19.2 x 11.5 centimeters, (8.2 x 7.6 x 4.5 inches). Instructions and part list for the model are available for download here.

3.png

Motivation:

As a fan of the LEGO Architecture series, I was surprised there were no official sets from South America. UNESCO described Machu Picchu as “an absolute masterpiece of architecture and a unique testimony to the Inca civilization”, making Machu Picchu the perfect landmark to build, learn, and explore. Without a doubt, the perfect candidate for a great LEGO set!

I have been lucky enough to visit Machu Picchu on several occasions and my goal was to capture the beauty and splendor of this Wonder of the World. I hope you enjoyed my interpretation of this famous landmark. You can learn more about this creation on my LEGO Ideas site. Thank you for your comments and support!

Nice rendition of that beautiful site. It really kicks the Llamas' *ss! :laugh:

Edited by Capparezza

As someone who studied archaeology at an amatuer level, I really love this. You did a great job at capturing all of the sites featues. Great stuff all around. :wub: