Bregir

[COR - ChVE - Part 3] Dr. Brickingstone, I presume

Previously...

The Curious Case of the Bottled Message - Bregir
The Lost City of Gold, Part 1 - Ayrlego
Mysteries on Cascadia Part 1 and 2 - Bregir
The Lost City of Gold, Part 2 - Ayrlego
Hidden beneath the falls - Silentwolf

Beyond the waterfall, in the valley before them, the Golden City panned out. Following the pathways down along streams and rocky outcroppings, they arrived at the city. Micah, Allcock and Montoya walked down the main street towards what appeared to be the main building. In front of it, what appeared to be a (rather tanned) Halosian was standing waving towards them.

Underway, they noticed something curious. The architecture exhibited advanced materials and building techniques, but appeared not to have been maintained for a long time. On top of those buildings too ruined for use, simpler structures, often of wooden construction, had been erected. Otherwise, the Myzectlan society appeared highly advanced and well-organised.

34540389144_ce8e37050d_c.jpg

Approaching the temple, Montoya bowed: "Dr. Brickingstone, I pressume?" he said with a smile. In a fairly archaic Corrish, the man replied in the affirmative and beckoned them closer. "Come hither, good men, and present thyselves - we have much of which to converse!"

The female guards stepped aside, and the three men entered the temple with dr. Brickingstone, who would tell them of the Myzec people for the next many hours.

35343918056_fca97b5e9e_c.jpg

35343915006_4e89f22a61_c.jpg

The Myzec have a well-ordered agrarian sector, and haven't known famine for many years. This will be licensed as a small plantation. (32x32)

34540382754_53681dc525_c.jpg

Temple of the Golden Eagle. Slightly fallen into disrepair, but still in active use. Unfortunately, the Mysec has lost the skills needed to maintain the many stone structures erected by their ancestors. Dr. Brickingstone asserts that these skills were lost generations ago when the Myzec lost contact to the large civilisation they were once part of. Apparently, when the wild cats arrived on the island, the Myzec largely stopped leaving the valley. Around the same time, their mother-civilisation experienced a plague, contracted on an expedition to colonize new islands, and almost entirely stopped navigating the seas. At least, that is the myth the Myzec tell.

35216693232_8782297f89_c.jpg

The temple of the Sun is today used both as a place of worship and as the administrative center of the city. Its sturdier construction means it still stands largely as it was built, possibly centuries ago. The Myzec believe in interfering as little with nature as possible, and thus refuses to remove any but the most invasive creep-vines crawling their buildings.

Together the two temples are licensedlicensed as a large culture. (48x48)

Continuation.
The Lost City of Gold, Part 3 - Ayrlego

Thanks for the patience - hope you can enjoy the story anyways! :)

Interesting story and nice diorama. I like your idea of vanished culture, judging by the architecture, maybe their ancestors are descendants of Atlantis? What attracts the most attention is the rocket-like pillars.:laugh:

Oh, this is lovely! As Bodi said,  "stray" indigenous people and their former glorious civilization is a great idea with much stuff to elaborate on (possible) future builds. I also loved the following part:

On 6/18/2017 at 6:51 PM, Bregir said:

In a fairly archaic Corrish

I mean, really?!?!? Archaic Corrish?!?!?! Such things give some great added value to our ever expanding universe! Keep them up Bregir!

My only nitpicking would be the lack of uniformity between the white colored ruins and the gray temple. In reality (at least in theory) these would either be built from white marble or from gray one. But this is really something insignificant, told in a very constructive way and always in the spirit of improving ourselves(or our brick stash :tongue: )

Really neat build Bregir, the temple looks great, and it's neat to see some everyday life activities going on alongside! :thumbup: 

Nice build, Bregir, and great temple in the center there! :thumbup:  The architecture seems a very curious mix of native Indian and Greek styles, and it looks excellent together!  Great addition of that light brick in there too! :grin:  Good (temporary? :laugh:) end to the storyline as well, and that quote somehow sounds vaguely familiar :tongue: :pir-laugh:

I really like the completed build! The pond between the two temples works really well and creates the sense of ancient design. I like the tree design and the two pillars at the end of the pathway. Nice usage of bending it to create a sense of crumbling but still standing.

Those lion heads on the end building, where do they come from? I picked one up in a bulk set in tan but hadn't seen it before then. 

What a great MOC and story. The build is very convincing and goes along well with the story. I'm particularly fond of the ruins alongside the newer yet simpler structures. I love the slow growth on the buildings, and the various techniques used to show ageing, decaying structures (different colors on the roofs, round plates, etc). If I had one suggestion, it would be to add some more trees and plants in the open space. I've always imagined lost-jungle cities as being surrounded by trees and plants, but the open space almost suggests meadows or fields. Of course, it's a minor point, and could simply be a difference of opinion. 

Great layout! The arrangement of the structures makes it appear like an actual yard in a settlement. And great work on the backgroundstory of the civilization. The ruined building as remains of a more advanced era is a fantastic twist that makes the whole culture more believeable.