My entry for Round 3 of the Middle Earth LEGO Olympics over on MOCpages. My category this time was Amon Hen. My opponent’s homepage. I really enjoyed this build, and it was fun to do a decent sized landscape again. I was a little apprehensive about having to build so many trees, but they ended up going quite quickly. In total the build took 8 days to complete. A huge thank-you to Graham and Michael for all their support and critiques along the way, I know it wouldn’t have turned out as well without them!

overview-1.jpg

low-1.jpg

left.jpg

left-side.jpg

right-back.jpg

ruins2.jpg

f3.jpg

bridge.jpg

bridge-back.jpg

Lots more pictures on Brickbuilt.
Thanks for looking, C&C welcome :classic:

This is really amazing. It really captures the picturesque scene of the film very well. I wish I had the skill (and parts!) to build something like this.

Nicely done.  I like all the trees and the minifig posing is excellent.  Fine job on the ruins too.

LEGO's blocky nature and limited colour palette make recreating the natural world challenging. But you have overcome those limitations in your great depiction of the trees and water. Your diorama is excellent overall but especially in your portrayal of the hardest things to create in LEGO. Nice one! :thumbup:  

Incidentally, if you're willing to go non-purist, BrickFortress do top quality articulated short legs. 

Looks great! The trees turned out really well. I love the birch design. The actual ruins look great too. I've been wanting to build my own Amon Hen scene, but never got around to it. I have so many other builds ahead of it, who knows. But I like how you handled it.

On 6/17/2017 at 6:13 PM, Hunter003 said:

Beautiful, really captured the scene

Thanks, glad you think so :classic:

On 6/18/2017 at 1:23 AM, bungeshea said:

This is really amazing. It really captures the picturesque scene of the film very well. I wish I had the skill (and parts!) to build something like this.

Thank you very much! :sweet:

On 6/19/2017 at 11:30 PM, zoth33 said:

Nicely done.  I like all the trees and the minifig posing is excellent.  Fine job on the ruins too.

Thanks, it was fun posing all the minifigs :classic:

On 6/20/2017 at 10:57 AM, kreimkoek said:

You did a nice job of recreating the scene. I like the kano's :)

Very glad to hear you like the boats, they were one of the trickiest things to make.

On 6/27/2017 at 7:20 AM, AmperZand said:

LEGO's blocky nature and limited colour palette make recreating the natural world challenging. But you have overcome those limitations in your great depiction of the trees and water. Your diorama is excellent overall but especially in your portrayal of the hardest things to create in LEGO. Nice one! :thumbup:  

Incidentally, if you're willing to go non-purist, BrickFortress do top quality articulated short legs. 

Thank you, making a fairly large forest scene was something I hadn't done until now, so I'm glad you like it :classic:

On 6/27/2017 at 6:55 PM, TheLegoDr said:

Looks great! The trees turned out really well. I love the birch design. The actual ruins look great too. I've been wanting to build my own Amon Hen scene, but never got around to it. I have so many other builds ahead of it, who knows. But I like how you handled it.

Thanks, the birch design was definitely my favorite tree here too :grin:

Another great build. :thumbup:
I have to ask how you choose the proportion of what green colors you are going to combine when doing a moc like this one?

I really like the dense and variety of folliage :) Nice one man...