sigpro

[GBW] - Troop build up - Erotema - Submarine Assembly Plant

Map location: Grid C4 in Studica, P6 world.

At Erotema Shipyards, the assembly of the first S90 class submarine (to be christened yet) is finishing.

35192918802_65232a06ba_c.jpg

35359381305_86b258ba1b_c.jpgSTERN MODULE WITH RUDDERS AND PUMP JET by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

President Gálvez went there to take a final look of the manufacturing process. He speaks with the Fleet Admiral...

35229634091_ff2717662b_z.jpgPRESIDENT BLAS GÁLVEZ AND FLEET ADMIRAL by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

"-When will the sub be ready to support our Army and allies? Soon things may go very harsh.

No problem President, the sub will be ready to be christened and ready to sail in 6 weeks.

Ok. What about the S100 model?

It´s on inception.

Good."

The S90 moves using a pump jet, so it is very silent. 

35192917722_f30ace62a3_z.jpgTAIL AND PUMP JET by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

The President and Fleet Admiral visit several parts of the factory to see how the work is going on

35192915752_efc5dd1142_c.jpgMODULE ALMOST FINISHED by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr
35192916542_666cb35cb8_c.jpgMODULE ALMOST FINISHED 2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr35192917182_779aeb735b_c.jpgMODULE ALMOST FINISHED 3 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

And he sees a scale model of the completed submarine and a sample of the weapons carried.

35192915062_3ddff77cd8_c.jpgSCALE MODEL AND HEAVY WEAPONS by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

"President, this is what our submarine can carry. The black cylinders close to us are naval mines, with them we can block any enemy port or naval route. Next, the cruise missiles, with a range of 2500 km. Its conventional warhead is very powerful and its CEP is less than 10 meters. The dark gray torpedo is an excellent weapon against ships or submarines. It has a double homing system with optic fiber and acoustic sensors, with a range of 50 km and 50 knots of top speed. To conclude, the SSM, with a range of 150 km and able to strike both ships or land targets. Besides, the sub will carry SAM in a VLS in the sail to have short range AAA capability against ASW helicopters."

The submarine is a real build I began at the beginning of 2017 after making a 12000+ part LDD. I posted a few pictures of several real lego-built modules, but the pics displayed here with the wall and floor were taken a few hours ago.

Enjoy!

Edited by sigpro
Grammar mistakes!

WOW! This is big!!! Congratulations. I like that there are alot of details into the hull, the techs and the torpedos. You used alot of pieces to give the right curve. Well done!!! (Submarine+torpedos= bye bye RON Navy)

Ouch ! This is a big one ! 

I have to prepare a anti sub cruiser now...

Great job on the aft of your sub, the turbine is really impressive ! Good job !

You've Been Awarded ( 4 ) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

Massive.Massive. Very nicely done here. The only thing you are really missing is some more revealing photos. That aside, you've done an excellent job. Your design for the ship is very intricate. Being able to peer inside was an added bonus. Great Work!    

I can see you adding a few more things, but the detail count would go up and then it would become a campaign build, so I'm thinking the tools and all else are suffice.  I like the cutaway, good to see you have a bit of an interior going on; it's jsut enough to make people want more.  Maybe a few pics too many, but I won't hold that against you.  Black is hard to photograph...like super hard to photograph.  This is great all around!!!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!

Oh wow, I can't believe I missed this. It's amazing how well you captured the curves of a submarine with Lego bricks. It's absolutely amazing, especially the way it tappers down for the tail/stern area. The WIP pictures are fun as well and it's great to get a sneak peak into how you got everything connected (not sure if that was your intention, but it's a great bonus). Only complaint would be to add some more activity to the shipyard, but maybe it's the graveyard shift.:laugh:

Hi again. After all your comments I can´t stay muted and the first I will do is say THANKS for your opinions and comments.

The submarine is completed from the bow to the stern, inside and outside. However, I will make small builds during the campaigns for you to see all her features (submarines are female, aren´t they). For example the torpedo and weapons room, the sleeping quarters, the control room, both meeting-lunch rooms, the kitchen, the radio and sonar rooms, the AIP zone, the cofferdam and the diesel rooms.

She will be christened soon.

Movies can be very inspiring...

Best regards!