Oky

[Thrawn] – The Route to Victory

35350153375_9482de77c6_z.jpg
Imperial Art Museum by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Welcome to the Imperial Art Museum! Located at the heard of Coruscant, this large building houses art pieces from artists from all over the galaxy for the citizens of the Galactic Empire to enjoy (at the cost of a hefty entrance price). Some of them were submitted willingly, while others were taken by force or confiscated from the rebels. At the entrance, visitors are greeted by an imposing statue of Emperor Palpatine as well as some stormtroopers who are standing guard.

34506885324_f3252280f0_z.jpg
Imperial Art Museum interior by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

This is usually not a meeting place for the military, so when Lieutenant Garr received a note from Grand Admiral Thrawn to meet him here, he was very surprised. Nevertheless, he did as the admiral requested and went to the museum at the time that Thrawn told him to be there. As he walked through the large entrance and past the information desk, he could see the blue skinned admiral standing in front of a large abstract sculpture in the center of the room. It was a gaudy structure comprised of several suspended colorful orbs and tubes. Garr approached the admiral and saluted him: "Grand Admiral, sir! You wanted to see me?" Thrawn responded without taking his red eyes off of the sculpture: "Ah, Leutenant Garr. Thank you for joining me. It was brought to my attention by Imperial High Command that you have been having trouble with the insurgents in the K'hali System." "Y-yes," said Garr nervously, looking down like a scolded child, "we have been trying to catch the rebels in that sector for weeks now, but they somehow always manage to get away."

34506884214_f5970fdeb8_z.jpg
The K'hali sculpture by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Thrawn paused for a moment, then he said: "I have called you here because I would like you to take a look at this sculpture. It was confiscated from a rebel transport leaving the K'hali system. Tell me, lieutenant, what do you make of this sculpture?" Garr was confused at the sudden change of topic, but then he replied: "Well, it just looks like a bunch of random orbs and tubes to me, sir. To be honest, it looks quite ugly." "It may seem that way at first glance, lieutenant," said Thrawn calmly, trying not to loose his temper at Garr's insolent remark about this piece of art, "but there is always more to art than meets the eye. Does the constellation of these orbs look familiar to you?" Garr shook his head: "No sir." "Well, it should, given that you have spent the past few weeks chasing around in it." "Uh... pardon, sir?" Garr asked confused. "The K'halii people are known for being explorers and expert cartographers," explained Thrawn. "When compared to Imperial star maps, the orbs in this sculpture match up perfectly with the planets in that in that system. This sculpture is an abstract representation of the K'hali system." "Wow, you're right," said Garr enlightened, "but what are the tubes all about?" "Excellent question," said Thrawn. "The tubes match all of the known Hyperspace routes in that sector. That is, all except this red one." Thrawn pointed at the red tube. Garr said: "Interesting! What does it mean?" "Is it not obvious?" Thrawn replied. "The K'hali rebels must have found a so far undiscovered Hyperspace route which they are using as a secret escape route. It is my theory that they intended to deliver this sculpture as a secret message to other rebel cells to inform them of this route." "Ingenious!" said Garr amazed. Thrawn finally turned to him and said: "Lieutenant, I want you to take an Interdictor cruiser and set a trap for these rebels along this route." "Yes, sir. Thank you," responded Garr and saluted the Grand Admiral. Then he left the museum as quickly as he could to carry out his orders.

35350152435_da528f7ed4_z.jpg
Thrawn by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

A few hours later, the trap was set. Thrawn had returned to his office on the star destroyer Chimaera, and watched from his holo-table as the rebel cruiser was pulled out of hyperspace in the middle of the K'hali system, unable to escape. The trap was sprung, and once again Thrawn's great skills of deduction and knowledge of art have lead the Empire to another win. The rebels' secret hyperspace route ultimately became the Empire's route to victory.

34506886154_a7702d70a5_z.jpg
Thrawn back by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Behind the Scenes

Here is a view of the second build without the photo-edit treatment. You can download the LDD file here.

35350148535_b8c91ccaa8_z.jpg
Thrawn 2 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

A close up of the Interdictor hologram.

34962907290_8f22d27518_z.jpg
Interdictor hologram by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

A few more views of the Imperial Art Museum:

34506884734_f89f338cd4_z.jpg
Imperial Art Museum exterior by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

35183217632_63e6242d6d_z.jpg
Imperial Art Museum interior 2 by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

One side of the museum features sculptures of various war heroes from the Clone Wars including a statue of General Grievous which was taken from his lair after his death, one of a Mandalorian warrior, one of a Jedi knight, and one of the great Gungan General Binks who single-handedly defeated the Trade Federation on Naboo before he became a senator and helped Emperor Palpatine rise to power. There is also a statue of the popular podracer Sebulba on the other side.

34962907860_9f7d7a7dc9_z.jpg
Statues by Okay Yaramanoglu, on Flickr

Nice work.... The museum looks great - I can imagine Thrawn spending hours in there!! The second build is very clever too.... The holographic ships are a great idea (and who doesn't like a giant Thrawn!?)