Mesabi

The Best/Guessing Game forums

Can we have the staff do something about these type of forums? I get that Eurobricks is for discussing lego, and that can include talking about what we like.

But the fact that there are multiple of these topics in each theme is getting ridiculous. Does this really do anything but increase people's post count? Check these out

It is my feeling that these topics do not contribute anything to Eurobricks. We all have our favorite minifigs, but there are thousands of us on Eurobricks and discussing everyone's favorite minifig would be a waste of time. And guessing games are silly because they don't accomplish anything either, I mean if enough people guess, someone is going to be right.

Does anyone agree with me here? I mean if everyone else is okay with it, carry on. But if anyone else is with me, please stand up.

These are just a way to see if others agree with your own personal favorites.  They do not really prove a lot, but those that participate enjoy the game.

As long as there are only one or two in each sub-forum, I see them as a harmless and fun way for members to interact.  I personally find them much more interesting and less prone to fights and off-topic posts than the threads discussing product speculation (especially the Licensed forums).  I would not want a forum to be completely cluttered with this kind of topic, though.

I agree, it seem the special theme section has a bunch of mini-figures games. I even made a joke topic about it for April fool's day (that just ended up getting locked). Maybe make a section in the community for this stuff. And while they are at it they could put the "wish lists threads" in the same place. 

They are fun and bring traffic into the Special Theme forum which used to be pretty slow. 

I've enjoyed Itaria's CMF games. And the staff even asked him to condense the rounds into a single topic to avoid cluttering the forums. So in my opinion the staff and Itaria reached a great middle ground solution that satisfies most people.

I am sorry if you did not like my post.

However the part about "increasing post count" is inaccurate. Yes it does increase the post count, but that is because the polls in the Star Wars forum are broken and thus you have to vote through a comment.

Plus if the fear is that they are cluttering up the subforums, I only run 1 superheroes and 1 star wars ones at a time, they take a lot of effort to run. And new topics (for MOCs) are constantly being created almost daily so the unused ones quickly disappear off the first few pages.

If you have any suggestions please post them though! :classic:

1 hour ago, dr_spock said:

They are fun and bring traffic into the Special Theme forum which used to be pretty slow. 

Agreed. Now when people post MOCs on that forum their MOCs get more traffic because the forum gets more traffic because of the traffic from the poll/guessing games. So it's a good thing, and it's fun. :sweet:

1 hour ago, BrickHat said:

I've enjoyed Itaria's CMF games. And the staff even asked him to condense the rounds into a single topic to avoid cluttering the forums. So in my opinion the staff and Itaria reached a great middle ground solution that satisfies most people.

I enjoy them as well and it's also nice to hear that staff touched base with @Itaria No Shintaku to sort out any debate on the topic.

1 hour ago, VaderFan2187 said:

I am sorry if you did not like my post.

However the part about "increasing post count" is inaccurate. Yes it does increase the post count, but that is because the polls in the Star Wars forum are broken and thus you have to vote through a comment.

Plus if the fear is that they are cluttering up the subforums, I only run 1 superheroes and 1 star wars ones at a time, they take a lot of effort to run. And new topics (for MOCs) are constantly being created almost daily so the unused ones quickly disappear off the first few pages.

If you have any suggestions please post them though! :classic:

I'm not much of a Star Wars fan, (as you know @VaderFan2187 :laugh: :wink: ) but I do greatly enjoy your Super Heroes poll! And as you have pointed out, they (the polls) are a lot of work, but I think you, @Itaria No Shintaku, and others do a splendid job at it! :sweet: And we the community thank you guys for organizing these fun and enjoyable games!  

Have fun, and thank you. :classic:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan