BrickWild

100% exact but Counterfeit Lego?!

Fascinating.

This should be brought to the attention of TLG. 

But I wouldn't say 100% exact IMO. There are some clear differences between the real thing and the counterfeit. But unless one has a keen eye and watches out for these sort of things it may very well go unnoticed.

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

The scariest thing to me about this is that it is possible some of it will circulate into Bricklink stores.  Lepin is easier to spot because it does not have the Logo, but this is much more problematic.  

There is a disturbance In the force...

hopefully lego sues the pants off these guys. Lepin might be able to hide behind the patent expiration, but these guys are clearly infringing on trademarks 

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

This is what I most dislike about clone brands - not only do they copy the bricks, but the design as well!

Clone brands are completely legal, and remember LEGO originally copied the design anyway.

I have no problem with clones, so long as they aren't fakes - putting the LEGO name on their copies.

MAB is right, clone brands are fine so long as they follow the rules required of them in their marketplace. Mega Bloks for example is a completely legitimate competitor and a clone brand. personally they don't have anything of interest for me but I won't bad mouth them just on the basis that they are not the Lego Company. there are of course other brands that don't follow the rules, copy designs, trade marks, and any other intellectual property they can get away with. in those cases I don't count them as mere clones, but counterfeit as they are breaching laws, and other moral lines. to those companies I wish only the hottest flames for them to choke on the fumes of their demise. (no mercy here for those who profit from another's labors)

Edited by GallardoLU

17 hours ago, MAB said:

putting the LEGO name on their copies.

Well it's lucky Lego still has the control over that!

11 hours ago, GallardoLU said:

MAB is right, clone brands are fine so long as they follow the rules required of them in their marketplace. Mega Bloks for example is a completely legitimate competitor and a clone brand. personally they don't have anything of interest for me but I won't bad mouth them just on the basis that they are not the Lego Company. there are of course other brands that don't follow the rules, copy designs, trade marks, and any other intellectual property they can get away with. in those cases I don't count them as mere clones, but counterfeit as they are breaching laws, and other moral lines. to those companies I wish only the hottest flames for them to choke on the fumes of their demise. (no mercy here for those who profit from another's labors)

You have a valid point, but let's not turn this into another clone brand vs LEGO discussion. We have had topics about that and they all end up being locked.

3 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Well it's lucky Lego still has the control over that!

Do they though? Legally they do. But if stuff like this gets out, then someone sells it on BL or ebay, those parts will eventually get into mainstream circulation of LEGO parts. A seller could claim they are genuine as they have the lego logos. That is what is good (if that is the right word) about Lepin and so on. Even though what they do is morally (and probably legally*) wrong, at least they don't use the lego name on their parts. *We'll have to wait until the court case to know.

Ok, here is a question for you.  Someone from China has been asking me to send pics for their blog.  I don't trust them just because they are in China and so much ripping off of AFOLs is going on there.  So have any of you been asked for pictures?  

On 6/21/2017 at 12:24 PM, Barbara Hoel said:

Ok, here is a question for you.  Someone from China has been asking me to send pics for their blog.  I don't trust them just because they are in China and so much ripping off of AFOLs is going on there.  So have any of you been asked for pictures?  

Nope, but  how could a random guy from China be asking you for pics of legos anyway?

On ‎6‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:24 PM, Barbara Hoel said:

I wouldn't do it Barb; too many people from this site alone have had their designs stolen and copied, turning them into sets!  I won't even buy off Bricklink stores from Asia because the deals are just too good to be true.  Too many copycat knockoffs making parts, and the last thing I wanna do is start mixing in that fake stuff.

Why are you guys offering advice to a question that was asked over a year ago, surely she has already made her decision and why @JarJarBonks do you keep dredging up these relics?