Sign in to follow this  
syclone

[MOC] "Ximos" mini race car

Good day.
This used to be one of my prototypes for the e formula competition. But after making the chassis I decided to put a BuWizz in .
img_8684.jpg
Backstory: 
"This is one of the best known racing cars on Xalax , developed by Axos Industries. Stabilized Zirum Crystals' energy is used to power it , obtaining constant and (almost) infinitely lasting power. It has a turbo system to increase the output speed."

Real statistics:
-2x m-motors for drive , with a 3:1 gear ratio
-1x m-motor for return to center steering
-BuWizz

Using (underestimated now) m-motors , it picks up quite high speeds and is a lot of fun to drive around ,even in normal BuWizz mode. 
Here is a LDD model -> download
A quick preview of what to expect whe the full video is finished: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GaVM6J2oFvI

img_8689.jpg
img_8695.jpg
img_8693.jpg
img_8694.jpg
img_8690.jpg
img_8696.jpg

Edited by syclone

I'm loving the looks of this model so far. Fast, clean build, and simple drivetrain and steering. Have you thought about uploading this to Rebrickable?

8 hours ago, Lego2016Lego said:

I love it, it is soo small and clean.

7 hours ago, Marxpek said:

I love this design. Nice work!

6 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice! I can't figure out how it's possible to make such a small RC car look so good!

4 hours ago, DugaldIC said:

Very stylish little coupe. I bet it just rips with a Buwizz :thumbup:

3 hours ago, Leonardo da Bricki said:

Wow! Incredible racer. :thumbup: It looks just like Madoca's Type-R. :wink: Can't wait to see the finished video.

Many thanks :sweet:

7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Amazing!!! It is so small! I wish I could build this, but I have no Buwizz. Would an IR receiver or Sbrick fit inside?

yes , if you remove the dishes on the rear there's plenty of space for a Sbrick :classic:

1 hour ago, Lego Dino 500 said:

I'm loving the looks of this model so far. Fast, clean build, and simple drivetrain and steering. Have you thought about uploading this to Rebrickable?

Thanks , I left Rebrickable aside , not a fan of the new look :sad:

Edited by LXF

Built this and it is a ton of fun! I may upload a pic of it in black. The only problems I have are that the front bumper scrapes on the ground, the wires can scrape against the tires and cause a rubber shaving mess, and that one of the plates holding the rear axle and rear motor together keeps popping off. Otherwise great fun!

On 12.06.2017 at 11:21 PM, grum64 said:

So small. So fast. So Good. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

On 13.06.2017 at 8:33 AM, Milan said:

Great little build.

9 hours ago, AFOLegofan66 said:

great car...looks like loads of fun!!

Many thanks :sweet:

9 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

Built this and it is a ton of fun! I may upload a pic of it in black. The only problems I have are that the front bumper scrapes on the ground, the wires can scrape against the tires and cause a rubber shaving mess, and that one of the plates holding the rear axle and rear motor together keeps popping off. Otherwise great fun!

Great to hear that it is fun :sweet: Unfortunately if the ground is uneven the front does scrape; I guess the technic plate is a bit worn off , because mine are still there. I routed my wires this way:

35298370776_beb4726850.jpg

And btw, belly shot:

35298418336_28d8af5299.jpg

Edited by LXF