Hi fellow EB members

Here is a MOC I've just recently completed called 'Haymarket'.

It's taken several months to complete and was originally just going to be the building on the far right, but as I had too many ideas I carried on with building another and it made sense to put them into a bigger feature.

I've taken elements of many styles of European architecture rather than focus on one style relating to a particular country.

Anyway on with the pics, only 3;

34827312700_d0e733cc4f_c.jpg

34369881514_264bfa4ab0_c.jpg

35214047535_e090a8ed01_c.jpg

If you wish to view them on flickr the link is here https://www.flickr.com/photos/52656812@N04/

Any comments or feedback welcomed.

Cheers!

Lovely collection of buildings and some pretty wild color combinations which for some reason all work very well together. :) Probably due to the very strong dividers built in white. I also like that every building is elevated and offers a view of the basement.

Very, very cool! I really like the collection of buildings, park and walkways. Really nice implementation of a part of a "walking" city block.

I looked on your Flickr, some really nice buildings there as well!

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

I'm always in awe of your creations. They're just so amazing. They have such a great feel of life to them. This one, is no different. 

A beautiful composition of colours and shapes. The facades are just perfect and that little dustbin is a really clever made detail. Looks very urban and modern. Great MOC :classic:

Excellent looking buildings... Great colour choice and a nice range of styles (just like a real town!) Think my favourite is the corner building!! 

Nice job!! 

Outstanding piece of modular combinations with superb detailing and colouring on your design schema. It's so bright and vibrant, simply bring joy when admiring this built. I enjoyed the garden and fountain the most. The rubbish bin is quite a modern looking one, with such a simple approach. 

Hi Andrew,

First of all.. you are one of my top five favourite builders ever. Piazza Maria and Rua Amarelo are amongst my favourite MOC's ever. Having said that.. I am just not feeling this one. I feel like in terms of scale, composition and design of the building you've nailed the northern European look quite well. It's the colour differences from floor to floor and the bright whites that's not doing it for me. Anyway.. just my 2 cents. Keep on building!

On 10/06/2017 at 1:29 PM, carebear said:

Just Amazing!!!!

Love it!!!

Great Great Work!!!

Greetings

Thank you!

On 10/06/2017 at 1:32 PM, peedeejay said:

Lovely collection of buildings and some pretty wild color combinations which for some reason all work very well together. :) Probably due to the very strong dividers built in white. I also like that every building is elevated and offers a view of the basement.

Thanks! I thought it might make it a little more interesting having to come up with a 'half' floor for the basement, not something I've done before.

On 10/06/2017 at 4:35 PM, Andy D said:

Very, very cool! I really like the collection of buildings, park and walkways. Really nice implementation of a part of a "walking" city block.

I looked on your Flickr, some really nice buildings there as well!

Andy D

On 10/06/2017 at 4:52 PM, tkatt said:

Most impressive... as always. 

On 10/06/2017 at 5:42 PM, RogerSmith said:

Great work, brilliant detailing throughout!

Thanks guys!

On 10/06/2017 at 7:04 PM, Gongoro73 said:

You did it.... once again. So many things to look at. Beautiful.

How about that alley?

Cheers! Not much to see down the alley unfortunately, the building in the corner is symmetrical so just the same as whats on the left.

18 hours ago, Vindicare said:

I'm always in awe of your creations. They're just so amazing. They have such a great feel of life to them. This one, is no different. 

17 hours ago, NewTown said:

Absolutely amazing like usual :) 

11 hours ago, AlexanderM said:

Absolutely fantastic! Love the colors. :)

Thanks for sharing. 

Thank you all very much for your kind words!

10 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

A beautiful composition of colours and shapes. The facades are just perfect and that little dustbin is a really clever made detail. Looks very urban and modern. Great MOC :classic:

Thank you! I can't take too much credit for the dustbin, I think I've seen it somewhere quite a while ago, but I've had a hard job finding a design to top it. So thanks to whomever made it first! :laugh:

7 hours ago, greg3 said:

Excellent looking buildings... Great colour choice and a nice range of styles (just like a real town!) Think my favourite is the corner building!! 

Nice job!! 

Cheers greg, the corner building was what I made first, I was originally going to stop there but can't usually stop myself and added more. I am probably pleased the most with it.

5 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

Outstanding piece of modular combinations with superb detailing and colouring on your design schema. It's so bright and vibrant, simply bring joy when admiring this built. I enjoyed the garden and fountain the most. The rubbish bin is quite a modern looking one, with such a simple approach. 

Thank you! My goal was to try and make each floor a bit different to any other and also try out a few more roof designs, although relatively simple in execution. I was debating whether to have a market or a fountain but a previous square I made had a market so went with the latter. It was very enjoyable to experiment with so much texture and colour!

2 hours ago, Hobbythom said:

Hi Andrew,

First of all.. you are one of my top five favourite builders ever. Piazza Maria and Rua Amarelo are amongst my favourite MOC's ever. Having said that.. I am just not feeling this one. I feel like in terms of scale, composition and design of the building you've nailed the northern European look quite well. It's the colour differences from floor to floor and the bright whites that's not doing it for me. Anyway.. just my 2 cents. Keep on building!

Thank you, I am flattered you hold my MOCs in such high regard. The colour tastes I don't expect to be for everyone, but after building the first two and deciding to put them into a bigger scene the third and last building (far right) I didn't want to be a forgettable :classic:

Much like the modular buildings I was trying to get around 7+ colours per floor, I did try a more realistic grey to divide the floors but seemed to take some of the punch out of the effect I was going for. 

I usually try for a more realistic build but went with a open mind here - probably why it took so long to finish! :laugh:

One word - Delightful !

It looks so clean, bright and well detailed, though not over doing it.

Brick On 'Snaillad' ! 

great color combinations ,and all the small things i see on pics ;)  great ;)

Great work on the buildings, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

They look like they could be official Modular buildings.  

The public space in the square also looks good.

Very nice Model and awesome scene, looking at your all models seems like you got a thing for building buildings :)

On 12/06/2017 at 11:35 AM, lightningtiger said:

One word - Delightful !

It looks so clean, bright and well detailed, though not over doing it.

Brick On 'Snaillad' ! 

Thanks lightningtiger!

On 12/06/2017 at 1:56 PM, Romanos said:

great color combinations ,and all the small things i see on pics ;)  great ;)

Thank you Romanos!

On 12/06/2017 at 9:51 PM, Venunder said:

Great work on the buildings, :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

They look like they could be official Modular buildings.  

The public space in the square also looks good.

Cheers Venunder, I've tried to use similar amounts of colour and varying the floors just like the modular series.

On 13/06/2017 at 8:38 AM, jalemac34 said:

Very Nice

4 hours ago, IstakaCiti said:

Very nice Model and awesome scene, looking at your all models seems like you got a thing for building buildings :)

Thanks guys! Appreciate it!