xxix5

LEGO Seasonal Sets then NEED to be made

LEGO Seasonal sets the NEED to be made. This list is will be composed of seasonal sets that haven't been made or are bigger remakes of previous sets. There will be 3 sets on this list.

1: Christmas tree truck with Christmas tree lot. This set would be loosely on set 40082 and 40083, but be a much bigger set. The truck's cab would be green and the trailer would be red  The truck would be like a logging truck and would be around 200 pieces and the lot would be around 50 pieces, and it would come with 10 trees, 5 molded, and 5 built up, with ornaments on the built up trees. The price would be $30.00 USD

2:A remake of the Winter Village Cottage.set 10299 and 10222. We need a set like this that is on the cheaper end, but has good builds and fun building experiences. I don't have any of these sets, but it would be nice to see these sets in a remake mash-up. The set would have 500-550 pieces. The Mail Truck would be 50 pieces, and it would be red and green. The Snowplow would be 80 pieces, and be green vehicle and orange snowplow. The buildings would be a snowplow shed, 75 pieces, and would use the brick-like LEGO bricks in dark red and tan and have a door that you can put down, a LEGO store that is 115 pieces and will be made of red and white pieces with a "mannequin" LEGO minifigure on each side of the door, a Coffee/ Hot Chocolate stand that is 15 pieces and that is made a brown bricks and a white sign, and, for a final building, a town square that is 200 pieces and would have a tree made of 100 pieces and would be like the tree we got a few years ago and the square would have 2 snow-covered benches. The figures would be a male LEGO worker, a mailman, 3 kids, a female LEGO worker, a snowplow driver, and 5 adults, one of the adults is an older worker. the set would be $50.00 USD. It would also have a light brick and snowy backdrop.

3: The final set is Christmas Square Fun! This set will have 450 pieces and will have mostly minifigures, kind of like the Fun at the Park set, except only bigger. The main builds would include a snowmobile, a Christmas tree, Santa's Workshop where you can meet Santa, and a snowy Christmas night backdrop. The minifigures would be Santa, an Elf, 6 adults, 10 kids, 2 dogs, and a marching band with instruments. The set would retail for $35.00 USD.

That seems unrealistic to me. We don't really need rehashes of existing sets, just because you didn't buy them at the time. Buy them, or BL them with substitutions for cheaper builds, or make similar MOCs.

Fun in the Park is a 15 minifig set with 150 pieces and costs $40. You want a bigger 450 piece set, 18 figures (plus another say six for the band) and two dogs for $35? You are probably looking at double that cost for what you are suggesting.

I want to see a Winter Village Ski Lodge!  When do you think Lego will announce their Winter set for this year?

Still lots of people hoping for a Winter Train Depot to go along with last year's train.  Maybe it could be the North Pole station.  

10 hours ago, aukevin said:

I want to see a Winter Village Ski Lodge!  When do you think Lego will announce their Winter set for this year?

4 hours ago, AFOLguy1970 said:

Still lots of people hoping for a Winter Train Depot to go along with last year's train.  Maybe it could be the North Pole station.  

Both of these ideas sound nice, especially the train station to accompany the Winter Village Train. It would also be nice if this station came with a holiday themed steam tram so the station set wouldn't need to lean on last year's train to be complete.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:23 AM, MAB said:

That seems unrealistic to me. We don't really need rehashes of existing sets, just because you didn't buy them at the time. Buy them, or BL them with substitutions for cheaper builds, or make similar MOCs.

Fun in the Park is a 15 minifig set with 150 pieces and costs $40. You want a bigger 450 piece set, 18 figures (plus another say six for the band) and two dogs for $35? You are probably looking at double that cost for what you are suggesting.

I agree, but LEGO sets with snowy backdrops do interest me, especially because I love holiday LEGO sets, and we have gotten sets with backdrops before, so there is a 30/70 chance. I hope LEGO reads Eurobricks forms

On 6/8/2017 at 9:16 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Both of these ideas sound nice, especially the train station to accompany the Winter Village Train. It would also be nice if this station came with a holiday themed steam tram so the station set wouldn't need to lean on last year's train to be complete.

I like that thinking! Maybe a red tram with a green roof, with Christmas lights around the roof, 10 track pieces: a siding, 5 curves, and 4 strait tracks. The station/depot would have a white roof to represent snow, with some snow overhang, 5 minifigures, 1 tram driver, 1 ticket taker, and 3 civilians: a mom, a dad, and a kid. The siding would have a built-up buffer build, to stop the tram in case it can't stop. Good thinking!

On 6/8/2017 at 10:28 AM, aukevin said:

I would like to see a $150 USD set that is a ski lodge. Would you mind if I use that idea for a YouTube video? I would give you credit.

On 6/8/2017 at 9:16 PM, Digger of Bricks said:

Would you mind if I use that idea for a Youtube video? I would give you full credit.

On 6/8/2017 at 5:01 PM, AFOLguy1970 said:

Great Idea! Would you mind if I used that idea for a YouTube video? I would give you full credit.

1 hour ago, xxix5 said:

I like that thinking! Maybe a red tram with a green roof, with Christmas lights around the roof, 10 track pieces: a siding, 5 curves, and 4 strait tracks. The station/depot would have a white roof to represent snow, with some snow overhang, 5 minifigures, 1 tram driver, 1 ticket taker, and 3 civilians: a mom, a dad, and a kid. The siding would have a built-up buffer build, to stop the tram in case it can't stop. Good thinking!

Would you mind if I use that idea for a Youtube video? I would give you full credit.

Certainly! :classic: If it potentially catches the eye of Lego designers, it may influence a future set.

11 hours ago, Digger of Bricks said:

Certainly! :classic: If it potentially catches the eye of Lego designers, it may influence a future set.

Thanks Man! I will put the video link on a reply to this topic after I upload it.

Edited by xxix5

Love the idea of a winter village town square. Unfortunately, I think the plan of that many minifigures for the $35 price tag is probably unlikely. A town square could perhaps exist as the usual $70-100 set though:classic: