Sign in to follow this  
DEFCON SHARK

The BATMAN's ROBE from Lego Batman, the movie (robe de chambre)

Hello Everyone !

Long story short :

After i watched Lego Batman the movie i wanted to see if the robe was real or only virtual. It was only virtual.

mqdefault.jpgbl2.jpg32864E6E00000578-3508021-Relaxing_He_slilego-batman-movie-robe-header.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

So i decided i was going to make it real.

Here is the preview of the file opened in Inkscape :

5935cc6c1536e_RobeLEGOBatmanOfficielle.jpg.c8dbadd817a285de55b7b2eaf60d8fd8.jpg

Result once on the minifigure :

170605123641160057.jpg17060512364187457.jpg

Progress from the prototype to the last version :

170605123641283785.jpg

And here is the PNG file to print in A4 format :

Spoiler

170605114742968158.png

It took some time and work to do, so i hope you will apreciate and enjoy it. Remember that it was not possible to have Batman's robe before i do it and post it online.

Don't cut your fingers and have fun with it !

(tags: LEGO Batman the movie , LEGO robe de chambre , batman , fanmade , paper robe , printable robe for LEGO minifigure , non official )

Edited by DEFCON SHARK
Addition of images

13 hours ago, Commander Turtle said:

That's a good way to do it! Though I hate to burst your bubble, but it does exist:

Hello commander Turtle.

Like i said, i worked quite some time on that, you can guess that i based myself on the movie and the images available on internet to do that robe. I had to do research to find these ressources.

If you watched the movie, you have probably noticed the little hanging (virtual) piece of fabric that hangs over Batman's legs.

That hanging part isn't reproduced on the minifigure you are refering to, it is only painted on the plastic. In that way, it is different from the outfit seen in the movie, the robe i made could be considered being a separate minifigure accessory (or clothe) that can be added/removed from a minifigure. That is a huge difference.

Think again about who is in a bubble.

Edited by DEFCON SHARK
correcting orthograph

Good idea, I'd just cut out the part where the body is visible, though, and replace it with one of those muscle torsos.

On 07/06/2017 at 0:41 AM, General Magma said:

Good idea, I'd just cut out the part where the body is visible, though, and replace it with one of those muscle torsos.

Awesome. I was hoping someone would do it.

I can't try it because i only have one LEGO minifigure and it doesn't have a muscle torso, if you can send a picture of the result, i am interested to see it.

And i would also like to see it printed in a better quality, mine wasn't that good...