Sign in to follow this  
offroadcreations

[MOC Review] Danil03's Technic Buggy

So, this is my, uh first MOC Review, here goes...

Danil03's Technic Buggy

MOC Review

800x450.jpg 

So to start, here is the original video of his MOC. Note it is tested mostly indoors, for later reference. Also note my version has minor changes based on the parts I have, but nothing that largely impacts it, except for changing the B-pillars form 2L connectors to 3L connectors.

He released instructions shortly after I found this, so I knew I had to build it. I soon decided to turn it into a review as well.

The build starts with front suspension:

800x480.jpg800x480.jpg

Then the middle:

800x480.jpg

Engine and rear suspension:

800x600.jpg800x600.jpg800x600.jpg

The chassis is completed:

It is extremely strong and has barely any torsional flex.

Beginning body:

Totally completed:

800x450.jpg800x450.jpg800x450.jpg

The instructions are very clear and easy to follow, apart from having to pause it every step, because it is a video. However sometimes you put a piece on and later it is on another spot, that connects to where it originally was, so that can be a bit confusing. There is a lot to be learned about chassis rigidity, however the suspension moves horizontally as well as vertically due to lots of slack.

Suspension: Lots of travel but also moves horizontally, which is bad. When tested outdoors, the CV joints came out but we all know they do that, so I'm not blaming the model. But the top and bottom A-Arms can move away from each other because of the way they are attached, which is by a thin 5L liftarm with axle holes and frictionless axle pins.

Drive: works well and fast despite gearing down. When outdoor testing the diffs (I believe it was the diffs) grinded and CV joints came out.

Body: very cool styling, but uses a lot of connectors. I ran out so I had to borrow some from other sets. There are 3# connectors which are connected to axles at the back which I changed to these: Part No: 44  Name: Technic, Axle and Pin Connector Toggle Joint SmoothI also changed the 2L connectors on the B-Pillars to 3L connectors.

Offroad test: It didn't work well, but it was tough terrain and the battery was low, so it wasn't completely the model's fault.

Power: 1 XL-Motor, 1 Servo Motor, 1 set of PF Lights, SBrick, Minizip cable for 9V battery.

-FINAL VERDICT-

A MOC that is easy to build, looks cool, works well, but not offroad. At the end of the day it is just a toy, so that is expected.

Looks: 9/10

Performance: 8/10

Instructions: 9.5/10

Recommended? Yes, if you drive indoors.

Nice! you made it look much better than the one in the video - there is something really cool about the giant Claas tires on a black buggy :grin:.

Also, where can I download the instructions from?

Nice buggy I was deciding between a buggy or a trophy truck, finally I made a trophy truck. I am sending you a video of it because I thing it is a good idea to see the both videos, trophy truck and buggy are something like a twins.

https://youtu.be/AAmW7fK8T6E

15 hours ago, mocbuild101 said:

Nice! you made it look much better than the one in the video - there is something really cool about the giant Claas tires on a black buggy :grin:.

Also, where can I download the instructions from?

Thanks, the BI are in 2 videos on his channel. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UClByycBsjrGEUr-emIP84Nw

5 hours ago, LEGO ADAM said:

Nice buggy I was deciding between a buggy or a trophy truck, finally I made a trophy truck. I am sending you a video of it because I thing it is a good idea to see the both videos, trophy truck and buggy are something like a twins.

https://youtu.be/AAmW7fK8T6E

Thanks, I saw that earlier.