Sign in to follow this  
Brandon Stark

[Brandon Stark: Part 2, Chapter 2] War and Peace

34258753744_45e7b3de38.jpgAvalonian Countryside by Brandon Stark, on Flickr

With the war in Nocturnus over and Raavage defeated, and the heir of Historica being safely on the throne, the weary soldiers of Historica began to make their way home. After nearly six years of endless war, there was finally peace, and there was no longer any threat to Historica. The wars had taken thousands of lives and left devastation that would remain for generations to come. Yet war had stopped, and that was something to be grateful for.

Among one of the groups heading home were those led by Brandon and Lord Alric Drondil. The two had fought briefly together in Nocturnus, and though Brandon returned to Avalonia, he came back to help in the fight to install the heir to the throne. Also among the groups, besides lords who were allies of Brandon, was the Green Rider Maelyn, an elvish girl Brandon was nearly in love with. Though the two met in Avalonia, she followed Brandon to aid in the fight against evil at Cedrica.

As they passed through the picturesque Avalonian countryside, many thoughts were on Brandon's mind. He had ascended to the lordship shortly before the Revolword War, and thus his tenure as Master of Whisperers on the Council was shaped primarily by the wars that shook the continent. Albion's leadership was mostly absent, and a few spies, such as Morgan Windspear, Warden of Albion, helped cause the deteriorating conditions in the city. While Brandon could do nothing against it, he kept Avalonia alive.

It was something the Avalonian people would never realize. They protested the deteriorating conditions and widespread poverty caused by Spire spies, but took for granted that a few Avalonian lords, such as him, had kept them alive until this day. Brandon was aware that a new era ushered for new command and new leaders, and he was sure the high command would soon remove him from the position. However, he planned to resign to avoid the embarrassment.

Brandon decided to forget about his thoughts and enjoy what time he had left in the position of relative comfort and luxury. He turned to Alric, who was riding next to him. Brandon had grown up in the province ruled by Alric's father, before he left to make his way in the world. However, fate brought the two together, and they had been friends ever since. Brandon had offered to help Alric reclaim his birthright, though was declined. "What are your plans, now, Alric? The long wars have finally ended."

Like with many of the people he had seen lately, Alric looked as if a large stone block had been lifted off his back. Brandon guessed he must've looked the same, since he felt that way, though he wasn't able to see yet. "I'll probably just return to my county, settle down, and maybe start. I've had enough of all this war. It's nice to see some rest for the first time. We grew up in this; our lives have been shaped by all of this. Peace will surely be different, but it would surely be welcomed by all."

"I haven't even been back to Dragonstone since the Algus invasion broke out. The province, I assume, does fine without me, but I will make it a priority to visit it again. I may even start a family once I can find a suitable wife." Brandon changed the topic a little. "It's a new era, and new eras call for new leaders. I doubt Albion will need me anymore."

Lord Alric looked confused, trying to ponder the last words Brandon had said. "Pardon?"

"My tenure as Master of Whisperers has been shaped by war. My policies and ideals are different than what the new leadership wants. They will see me ousted, though I will resign to spare myself the embarrassment."

"And you won't try to resist? You worked hard for this position, right?"

"If the leadership or the Avalonian people want different, let it be. I won't stop it. It's tiring, Alric. It's not easy. I would much rather be at home, in Dragonstone, with a family."

Lord Alric didn't look disappointed, nor happy. He just responded with a simple sentence. "I see then. I wish you the best of luck, whatever paths you may take." 

Edited by Brandon Stark

Small but nice! The tree is already better, though I'd still recommend to add more leaves. I also really like that cobblestone road! :thumbup: 

I'm honoured to be part of your storyline!

I agree with Titus, a few more leaves would be great. The cobblestone path looks very nice, though, and I like the use of the bars for tall grass. The story continues to develop, and I look forward to seeing what you can do with Dragonstone!

On 6/5/2017 at 4:17 AM, TitusV said:

Small but nice! The tree is already better, though I'd still recommend to add more leaves. I also really like that cobblestone road! :thumbup: 

I'm honoured to be part of your storyline!

Thanks! I'm honored that you agreed to the crossover.

On 6/5/2017 at 4:20 PM, LegoEomer said:

Nice build and story. The tree is great and so are the grains.

Thank you! 

On 6/7/2017 at 1:36 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

I agree with Titus, a few more leaves would be great. The cobblestone path looks very nice, though, and I like the use of the bars for tall grass. The story continues to develop, and I look forward to seeing what you can do with Dragonstone!

Thanks! I think the tree could've used some more leaves too.