Redhead1982

MOC Modular round park square

After a very long time, here's another MOC I made recently. It was built for an exhibition in March this year, but due to the turn of events, I took the photos much later, and only found time to upload them now. This was a ''quick'' model for the exhibition, which is why there is almost no interior detailing (another reason was lack of ideas). Since the facades are mostly covered by the vegetation, the unfinished interiors are not seen. I used this model to try new styles and techinques for the buildings widths and roof design.

35059322386_205493abc2_c.jpg

This is the front view, with the buildings partly covered by the tall trees. The park area can be removed to see the buildings in their full glory. I tried different widths, colours and roof styles. I wanted to make a yellow bank since the 3661 Bank and Money Transfer set, but nver had enough yellow bricks. Now that I got enough bright yellow bricks, this colour seemed great to finally build a bank. The left building is a post office, and the first floor design was initially based on a LDD model made by my sister. The dark green building is an older MOC, used for comparison only.

35059310656_1093df69c3_c.jpg

Aerial view reveals the almost round park on the square. Initially, I wanted it round, but turned too small for what I wanted to do, so I made it more oval. The paths are crossing the park from different angles, and there's people walking from one side to the other. Since this was build for an exhibition, the park was positioned between the train station and the rest of the town, and had a very transitional role (with people crossing from the station to the downtown area).

34968485571_26708324dc_c.jpg

If interested in more different angles (but almost the same looking pictures, feel free to check my Flickr account.

Beautiful. You don't need to make everything with advanced SNOT-techniques to make it look good. Colours and assembly works very well together and the vegetation is superb! :classic:

Look nice and the round/oval shape is recognisable. For my taste, a little bit too much trees for that small park.

Love the idea how you used window pane lattice for "bench" (?). :thumbup:

There is a danger in trying to cram too many details and techniques into a facade; your buildings have a good balance. One suggestion would be to try move the S and T in Posta one plate closer together.

Otherwise everything looks great.

Lovely build! I really like the choice of colours, I like the use of the 1x1 round bricks to make the borders of the planters. It'd also look great in reddish brown when they eventually make a 1x1 round plate in that colour.

Well done! :thumbup: