Sign in to follow this  
rahziel

Alco RSC-3 CP1500 series

Hello, here's a little contribution. I'm almost finishing this interpretation of the Alco RSC-3, a portuguese CP1500 series diesel locomotive. I'm still not happy with the main front and back light, the home made stickers are far from perfect but I love this simple 6 wide :)
34943473351_e233fa240d_h.jpgrahzmoc1500wip02 by Rafael Costa, no Flickr
34943473051_c2acb7afa8_h.jpgrahzmoc1500wip03 by Rafael Costa, no Flickr
34943473481_d6da9c603d_h.jpgrahzmoc1500wip01 by Rafael Costa, no Flickr

Hi Rafael,

The model looks good to me, what specifically are you not happy about the lights and stickers?  Did you wwork from a specific photo or just have a live example near by?  Any plans on trying to motorized it?

On 05/06/2017 at 1:16 AM, pirzyk said:

The model looks good to me, what specifically are you not happy about the lights and stickers?  Did you wwork from a specific photo or just have a live example near by?  Any plans on trying to motorized it?

Thanks, I worked from some pictures and a type of blueprint, as you can see in this photo the headlight is not at the top as I placed it in this moc, and that curvature at the top is a factor for future work in it. One of the pieces I have in mind to solve this question is not available at orange YET... but I'll wait or find other solution. Motorizing it is a must, got to try inserting the battery pack in the cabin maybe and one of the bogies will need some work for traction. Some little changes for better detailing are being made, I'll post them soon.

1521-Barreiro.jpg

That Alco with buffers and chain is messing with my head; not used to seeing RS units looking like that! *huh*

There are a few RS units operating across the state line in Ely, your MOC reminds me I really need to go pay them a visit on a day they are running...

On 08/06/2017 at 10:25 PM, xboxtravis7992 said:

That Alco with buffers and chain is messing with my head; not used to seeing RS units looking like that! *huh*

There are a few RS units operating across the state line in Ely, your MOC reminds me I really need to go pay them a visit on a day they are running...

You are talking of something like this right? I can understand you, because I keep thinking that something is missing in that front :)

44bda4b50c240dea286c91c17846ca6f.jpg

8 hours ago, rahziel said:

You are talking of something like this right? I can understand you, because I keep thinking that something is missing in that front :)

*snip*

Yeah that actually is exactly the type of engine I am thinking of in the exact same paint scheme too! :laugh: I forgot one of the Kennecott Copper Nevada Division RSD-4 units is preserved in Washington. The ones nearest to me in Ely are at the railroad that one came from.

Edited by xboxtravis7992

The only thing I can come up with for the light is to swap out one of the 1x4 bows for 2 cheese and a 1x2 jumper.  It won't be as smooth :(

As said before yes there goes the smoothness of it, using only the cheese slopes and a jumper... And yes that Wedge 3 x 4 x 2/3 Triple Curved on top would be the great trick, but as I mentioned there's no one in orange, hoping LEGO releases one in the future. But your fix with orange stickers on the piece is worth trying, and simple, just got to nail the orange tone :) Thanks