VaderFan2187

[GBW] - CP2 - Refnor - Capturing the Bridge (LDD)

Previous parts:
Refnor Wants You!
The Enlistment
Trouble at the Mall

Map Studica, Grid F5

Briolui Bridge across the river.

GBW%20CP2%20Shot%2001_zps2cwoni4h.png

A small group of six Briolui soldiers were standing guard on the bridge. The river was rather peaceful except for a few fish jumping out of the water occasionally.
b37ce441-6a77-4211-ac04-e7352908013b_zps

"Wait, do you hear that?"

GBW%20CP2%20Shot%2002_zpsvmxxogts.png

Suddenly, Refnor forces swarmed the bridge, guns firing. The Briolui soldiers were caught by surprise.

GBW%20CP2%20Shot%2003_zpszo2qsrhv.png

With their superior numbers and the element of surprise, the Refnor forces quickly gained the upper hand.

GBW%20CP2%20Shot%2005_zpsmgwgppx4.png

Despite the Briolui troops' tries...

GBW%20CP2%20Shot%2006_zps8g9uwfpd.png

...they were soon pushed back.

GBW%20CP2%20Shot%2004_zpssmfbga67.png

Sabrina and I were lucky enough to be at the back of the squad near Commander Daniel, and were not injured.

--------

Thanks for looking! (sorry this build was a little rushed as I was short on time)

Next part: Pushing into Briolui

Edited by VaderFan2187
Added Next Part

Good detail on the bridge! I like it. The plants on the shores are nice too.

10 hours ago, paintballman said:

Very nice designed bridge The scene with the soldiers reminds me a litttle the Napoleontic wars !

Haha thanks!

6 hours ago, Thebeeze111 said:

You rendered your build. Finally. Thank you!

:P

Nice bridge !

And it is really better with a good rendering ! Great thing you rendered your build !

I agree with @paintballman that it is more a tactic we could see in Napoleonic wars (I made a similar build in BOBS relating a bridge attack close to the assault of the bridge of Arcole, for example :laugh:)

A good entry ! Even if it is a bloody COAC Assault :sadnew:...

Thank you @Faladrin! Happy to see members noticing my rendering (that first shot took 57 mins to render, I set the parameters too large :hmpf_bad:)

Thanks again for your comments, I feel the GBW community is a very tight-knit one which I like! 

EDIT: @Thebeeze111 should I title this Briolui not Refnor because it technically takes place in Briolui...

Edited by VaderFan2187

16 hours ago, VaderFan2187 said:

EDIT: @Thebeeze111 should I title this Briolui not Refnor because it technically takes place in Briolui...

YES! Please do! We would love for you to submit your build for the RoN this round. Thanks for being so kind!!!

On 6/2/2017 at 3:00 PM, Stash2Sixx said:

YES! Please do! We would love for you to submit your build for the RoN this round. Thanks for being so kind!!!

Oh. No.

Edited by VaderFan2187

You've Been Awarded ( 7 ) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

YOU FINALLY RENDERED A BUILD. HELL HAS FROZEN OVER. Thank you for working to get this issue corrected. Your build is well done. You could have use a little more detailing in some areas versus going for sheer size. Overall, this is a very big step in the right direction. Thank you!  

I like where your build was going.  You have an assault on a foot bridge.  First off, everyone knows you never defend a bridge by standing on it if the bridge is blown, you die!  But that's besides the point.    The bridge has some detail, but the rest of the scene felt lacking.  The water is too perfect; no rocks, no branches, no uneven shore.  You do have "a" fish jumping, but to me, it felt like a quick way to cover up all of the rest of the baseplate.  The bushes looked very trimmed for being along a riverbank...these things stand out in builds.  Your rendering though, thank you.  That makes your presentation go up considerably.   Advice for the next campaign build...detail, detail, detail, detail, detail...you get the idea?  You have unlimited bricks, in unlimited colors;  You should be owning this game with what you have available to you!  And start earlier!  This excuse of I was rushed is just terrible!  Our flaws are on us as individuals, no one else should take the blame!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!

YAY! Thank you <3

Just now, The Great Brick War said:

This excuse of I was rushed is just terrible!  Our flaws are on us as individuals, no one else should take the blame!

Sorry, wasn't meant to be an excuse, I will work earlier next time :blush:

Just now, The Great Brick War said:

First off, everyone knows you never defend a bridge by standing on it if the bridge is blown, you die!

LOL, everyone knows Briolui troops are stupid :laugh: