aminnich

What could you use two Volvo buckets for?

23 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Yes! :grin:

As for uploading images, it seems to be a problem with brickshelf...

Brickshelf has that kind of problem very often, so I have personally moved to Bricksafe to avoid such joyful experience :grin:. Every time I upload something it happens that Brickshelf admins are on some tropical island for vacation.

1 hour ago, I_Igor said:

Brickshelf has that kind of problem very often, so I have personally moved to Bricksafe to avoid such joyful experience :grin:. Every time I upload something it happens that Brickshelf admins are on some tropical island for vacation.

Yes, I use Bricksafe too, I find it's very user-friendly.

Anyway, going back to topic, if two Volvo buckets were combined with Claas tires and powered with XL-motors and BuWizz - it would be a beast!!!! :sweet:

Just now, mocbuild101 said:

Yes, I use Bricksafe too, I find it's very user-friendly.

Anyway, going back to topic, if two Volvo buckets were combined with Claas tires and powered with XL-motors and BuWizz - it would be a beast!!!! :sweet:

Exactly, but it would need completely change of building techniques to make suck big model robust enough, because beams are tending to bent after some particular length and behave more like leaf springs than like something that should support structure. Logical step is to buy 42055 set because someone who decide to do that will number of frames and probably switch to linear actuators, because of pneumatic system sensitivity to weight (despite that I like pneumatics - with one compressor and only one driving ring to activate compressor you have numerous possibilities).

another thing is that CLAAS, Unimog, Tumbler and smaller truck tires including 68.8 x 24 (from black cat like on my Uninmog), 62,4 X 20 (from Arocs) and 49.5 x 20 truck tires are the only with correct and realistic pattern. OK perhaps this one can be used also, but baloon tires are a bit useless when you want that model will be as authentic as possible. 

Well, I was thinking more of a over the top super crazy custom MOC *huh* (just for fun!), which means it wouldn't matter about correct scale or authenticity, and it wouldn't be based on the Volvo set or anything in real life. 

5 minutes ago, mocbuild101 said:

Well, I was thinking more of a over the top super crazy custom MOC *huh* (just for fun!), which means it wouldn't matter about correct scale or authenticity, and it wouldn't be based on the Volvo set or anything in real life. 

I was making correlation of several post so this was the end-result...:wink:

A SHIP (Seriously Huge Investment in Parts). Typically SciFi fantasy ships. I can imagine using these buckets as the hull of an intergalactic hauler