Fenom

Urban Comic Shop moc help

Currently working on a new building, and seem to have hit a brick wall (pun not intended); I have no clue how to finish it :/

This is what I have so far, It's intended to be a comic shop, if the title didn't give it away:

jnfObuT.jpg

Does anyone have suggestions on how to finish it? I usually try to avoid symmetry in my builds but I'm at a loss here :( 

Edited by Fenom
Messed up the original post

That looks very good already. I really like how you gave facade texture. A lovely use of old and new bricks. I also agree with asymmetry. Makes it visually more intersting.:classic: :thumbup:

As for how to go on: I would add a store sign, maybe with every letter build in a different way. I'm thinking of maybe robot arms, hotdogs and alike as well as the usual printed tile. Also having some more boxes with special offers outside (optional under a simp!e fabric awning) and maybe a cosplay prop or microfig in the window. 

P!ease let me know if my input was helpful, ideally including pictures of your finished build.:classic:

5 hours ago, Littleworlds said:

That looks very good already.

(optional under a simp!e fabric awning) and maybe a cosplay prop or microfig in the window.

Thank you very much! I really like those ideas and I'll definitely be sure to post the finished product, though it may be some time from now :grin:

It has a great look to it, ( those windows on the 1 floor work great )

- maybe you can use this tile by the door ( LEGO Simpsons Series 2 - Comic Book Guy Tile )

- a batman helmet ( converted into a trashcan )

goodluck with your build

Greetings

Definitely add a sign to point out the store more, maybe over the door (?) attached to that bley rod, or where the red trans thing is. To keep the sign a tasteful size, maybe give the store a short name, like "Ray's" and try to brick build it.

I don't know if I like that block of red on the store front. It grabs attention but it feels too aggressive, like "Hey! Look at me! Throw a brick through my window!" lol

The yellow "2" tile looks out of place, though I'm not sure if there are any less stark alternatives. I kind of want to put a poster there.

Maybe it's just the grainy picture, but it's hard to tell where the door is. The black frame with the lime/red/blue is a vending machine right? Is the block of red next to it the door? If so, it's funny that there's a box full of comics on the sidewalk, out of view where anyone can snatch them lol

Anyway, the crumbly walls and electrical box (and side door?) details make it look like a real place, did you use any reference pics? Is that supposed to be chainlink fence on the right?

I can imagine a minifig trying to parkour, or straight up rock climb up the walls :p

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

5 hours ago, Fenom said:

Thank you very much! I really like those ideas and I'll definitely be sure to post the finished product, though it may be some time from now :grin:

Don't worry. Rome hasn't been built over night either :wink:

1 hour ago, Henchmen4Hire said:

Definitely add a sign to point out the store more, maybe over the door (?) attached to that bley rod, or where the red trans thing is. To keep the sign a tasteful size, maybe give the store a short name, like "Ray's" and try to brick build it.

I don't know if I like that block of red on the store front. It grabs attention but it feels too aggressive, like "Hey! Look at me! Throw a brick through my window!" lol

The yellow "2" tile looks out of place, though I'm not sure if there are any less stark alternatives. I kind of want to put a poster there.

Maybe it's just the grainy picture, but it's hard to tell where the door is.

Sorry about the crummy picture, phone is all i have on hand atm, lol. Here's a full frontal: cEqKELy.jpg

I definitely intend to add some signage, but I'm considering making this a side entrance and having a proper storefront around the corner. As for the yellow tile, I used it because I felt the bright color gave it a vintage LEGO flair, but if you think it's too much I may change it :)

Thanks!

5 hours ago, carebear said:

It has a great look to it, ( those windows on the 1 floor work great )

- maybe you can use this tile by the door ( LEGO Simpsons Series 2 - Comic Book Guy Tile )

- a batman helmet ( converted into a trashcan )

goodluck with your build

Greetings

Thank you much :)