So here is my latest MOC based on the Robin Hood classic which was a favorite of mine as a child and now for my 6 year old son. The build stands over 4 feet tall in a 13x4 baseplate layout and took around 9 months to finish. I added some LED lights throughout and made it modular for my local Children's Museum and Brickworld Chicago coming up in June. I also posted several of the medieval village buildings on the Ideas page in case you're interested in voting we would greatly appreciate it! Thanks for viewing...

34069983824_09000ffc5c_c.jpgLEGO Robin Hood Moc by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr 

34872418496_8768386379_c.jpgLEGO Robin Hood Moc by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

34781294011_77df44f777_c.jpgLEGO Robin Hood Moc by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

34524807860_0c81536699_c.jpgLEGO Sherwood Forest-Robin Hood Moc by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

34068812954_39679dbff0_c.jpgLEGO Sherwood Forest-Robin Hood by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

34067889414_b134641c92_c.jpgLEGO Robin Hood Diorama by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

34730609352_1dc006518a_c.jpgLEGO Robin Hood by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

34042046063_18479c6a03_c.jpgLEGO Medieval Blacksmith Shop by Ben Pitchford, on Flickr

Medieval Blacksmith Shop Idea https://ideas.lego.com/projects/176087           

Medieval Windmill Idea https://ideas.lego.com/projects/176098 

Medieval Cottage Idea https://ideas.lego.com/projects/170226 

More High Res Pics: https://www.flickr.com/photos/127491317@N08/

Robin Hood Diorama Video:

Edited by Ben Pitchford
moved link around

This is sheer insanity in its size and build quality. Especially the night shot looks almost otherwordly good. Hard to criticise anything here. You can really tell someone spent a lot of time on it. And of course I recognize the blacksmith workshop from Lego Ideas. :wink:

Now there is just one thing I do wonder about:

Is your son allowed to play with it? I hope he is. Would be too cruel otherwise! :wink:

6 hours ago, bnesty said:

what to say ! Just amazing ! So many details, perfect build technique

Thanks for the feedback! Lets just hope I can get it to Brickworld in June! 

This is amazing.  The detailing on the rockwork and landscaping is sensational. I love the waterfall and pathways too.  The texturing of the castle is fantastic.  The graveyard is a nice little touch.  The trees are great and the bridges are nice.  The whole diorama is wonderful and full of so many details.  Great work. 

Wow this is impressive, one of the best huge castle mocs I have recently seen, the attention to details is top. :sweet:

On 5/29/2017 at 5:25 AM, Littleworlds said:

This is sheer insanity in its size and build quality. Especially the night shot looks almost otherwordly good. Hard to criticise anything here. You can really tell someone spent a lot of time on it. And of course I recognize the blacksmith workshop from Lego Ideas. :wink:

Now there is just one thing I do wonder about:

Is your son allowed to play with it? I hope he is. Would be too cruel otherwise! :wink:

Thanks For the feedback and yes I have to allow my kids to play with it! Im not a Lord business dad! :)

Edited by Ben Pitchford

1 hour ago, Ben Pitchford said:

Thanks For the feedback and yes I have to allow my kids to play with it! Im not a Lord business dad! :)

Great! :laugh:

Absolutely wonderful diorama! Great rockwork, wonderful buildings and I especially like the trees.

Loads to admire here! The sheer size, dynamic landscape layout and beautiful rock sculpting, massively detailed buildings, and perhaps my favorite part is the forest section with Robin Hood's hideout :wub:

Well done all around, you should be very proud of this creation :excited:

Thats an eye candy here man.... So relaxing to look... Great use of LED lights also.... :wub::wub:

Very nice! I love the size of those trees, especially. The layout is well done, too, with the different elevations. I would expect some more small trees on the edge of the forest, or some heavier bushes, though, rather than tall trees right up to the edge, just in terms of how most forests that I have seen look. That being said, the build is tremendous and excellent, and the lights add a certain something extra. Great job!

On 5/29/2017 at 7:41 PM, zoth33 said:

This is amazing.  The detailing on the rockwork and landscaping is sensational. I love the waterfall and pathways too.  The texturing of the castle is fantastic.  The graveyard is a nice little touch.  The trees are great and the bridges are nice.  The whole diorama is wonderful and full of so many details.  Great work. 

On 5/29/2017 at 10:24 PM, Niku said:

Wow this is impressive, one of the best huge castle mocs I have recently seen, the attention to details is top. :sweet:

On 5/30/2017 at 10:07 AM, SirBlake said:

Holy cow! This looks amazing!

Thanks alot and cheers!!

Amazing creation! Loved the buildings and the castle!
My favorite is the mill! :wub:
Also liked very much the tree village of Sherwood! (maybe you can add there some cabins, it will be great!
Well done! :thumbup: :sweet:

It's an overused cliche, but that is epic!

There is only one thing wrong with it. It's not in my living room :laugh:

On 5/30/2017 at 5:23 PM, Lord Duvors said:

I love this!

On 5/31/2017 at 0:23 AM, peedeejay said:

Absolutely wonderful diorama! Great rockwork, wonderful buildings and I especially like the trees.

On 6/2/2017 at 6:07 AM, chofus said:

W O W. Awesome creation. I wish i can see this in RL.

Thanks you guys for the awesome feedback! Much appreciated...Cheers!

On 5/31/2017 at 7:17 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Loads to admire here! The sheer size, dynamic landscape layout and beautiful rock sculpting, massively detailed buildings, and perhaps my favorite part is the forest section with Robin Hood's hideout :wub:

Well done all around, you should be very proud of this creation :excited:

Thanks it was a lot to tackle but glad you appreciate it all...! Cheers! :D

This is a fantastic build.  So many things to praise, I don't know where to start.  I love the environment, from the rocks to the foliage, to just the general layout of the landscaping.  The castle itself is a nice design, and the little waterfall behind the castle is a nice touch.  The forest makes me think of everything I want in a Forestmen's theme, it's like an Ewok village of woodsmen.  The buildings are all wonderfully done, from the massive castle all the way over to the treetops.  The Blacksmith, Windmill, and Cottage would each be enough to give praise, and they fill out this world very nicely.  All in all, it's a wonderful build, and the kind of thing I aspire to.

Great work!

On 6/4/2017 at 5:59 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Amazing creation! Loved the buildings and the castle!
My favorite is the mill! :wub:
Also liked very much the tree village of Sherwood! (maybe you can add there some cabins, it will be great!
Well done! :thumbup: :sweet:

Thanks! I thought about adding some cabins and ran out of time. :)

On 6/4/2017 at 7:11 PM, kanethemasterbuilder said:

I am speechless... So beautiful!

On 6/5/2017 at 1:20 AM, archieg said:

It's an overused cliche, but that is epic!

There is only one thing wrong with it. It's not in my living room :laugh:

Thanks for the kind words and cheers guys! :)