What kind of a competition would you like to see?  

15 members have voted

1. 1. What kind of a competition would you like to see?

• Purist competition with no third party party parts, Power Functions only, limited amount of drive motors (2XL, 3L, 4M)
    • Purist competition with no third party party parts, Power Functions only, no drive motor limits
    • Purist competition with no third party party parts, any Lego motors allowed no drive motor limits
    • S-brick allowed, no other third party party parts, Power Functions only, limited amount of drive motors (2XL, 3L, 4M)
    • S-brick allowed, no other third party party parts, Power Functions only, no drive motor limits
    • S-brick allowed, no other third party party parts, any Lego motors allowed no drive motor limits
    • Buwizz and S-brick allowed, no other third party party parts, Power Functions only, limited amount of drive motors (2XL, 3L, 4M)
    • Buwizz and S-brick allowed, no other third party party parts, Power Functions only, no drive motor limits
    • Buwizz and S-brick allowed, no other third party party parts, any Lego motors allowed no drive motor limits
    • Two additional functions besides drving and steering are allowed (this will limit the amount of PF channels)
    • Two additional functions besides drving and steering are not allowed
    • Models should be limited by scale or size
    • Models should be limited by minimum weight
    • There should be size or weight limits
    • A bare chassis is ok for me
    • Models should have some minimum paneling
    • There should be a system of points in place in order to reward good looking models
    • Track should be straight and flat
    • Track should be full of turns
    • Track should have some ascends and descends
    • Track should have some slight bumps and obstacles
    • Track should have all of the above
    • All models should have the same pre-built chassis
    • Models should be at least 75% technic
    • I want to join a competition event and race with others on the track (multiple racers at once)
    • I want to set up a predetermined track at home, record the model and post results online

29 minutes ago, JJ2 said:

Sounds interesting, I think that you should not be able to use LiPo's though, they give you a huge advantage to people that can't afford them-don't have any.

I don't like motor limiting except no Buggy motor's

Definitely no Buwizz, Sbrick would be ok because it keeps the same voltage.

I definitely agree to this, it makes it fair enough for most to compete.

18 minutes ago, Zero (Zblj) said:

Everyone interested please vote in the poll above.

All done.

4 minutes ago, Epic Technic said:

I definitely agree to this, it makes it fair enough for most to compete.

All done.

Odd enough the poll has been the same ever since I added it... Weird.

I have voted , but the poll just dissapears and I can't watch the results . @Zero (Zblj)

After reloading the page the poll appeared , but without my votes :sceptic: I have been noticing that for a while , all polls just dissapear for me , seems like a forum error

Edited by LXF

8 minutes ago, LXF said:

I have voted , but the poll just dissapears and I can't watch the results . @Zero (Zblj)

After reloading the page the poll appeared , but without my votes :sceptic: I have been noticing that for a while , all polls just dissapear for me , seems like a forum error

Same here, I thought it was just me

28 minutes ago, LXF said:

Open in New tab and it works, but same original problem.

Edit: I notified a admin.

Back on topic.

Edited by Aventador2004

2 hours ago, LXF said:

ditto

I know it's important to have a good set of specifications for the cars, but we also need to figure out how the course will work. I love course design, and i would be happy to come up with some tracks, but making a course that anyone anywhere can reproduce is a problem I think is worth discussing

I also dislike the idea of a prebuilt chassis, as that's half the fun. We should have solid limits, but I wanna do my own building!

is this going to be the pre-built chassis for EVERYONE, or is it just your own entry? 

4 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

More progress on the front:

Edited by Myers Lego Technic

27 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Okay, cool! 

Are we even sure about the rules yet though? 

Still tbd. If I decide to host, there will be specific, unchangeable rules.

4 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Your going to be hosting? how so? 

by hosting, i would ask rules, decide wether or not to use them, make decisions on rules, and participate (without bias for rules).

and as a extra, i could design three chassis, a XL, a L, and a M.

Edited by Aventador2004

5 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

okay, that good. 

But who assigned you as host? 

No one, but I would like to host the comp if @Zero (Zblj) doesn't want to.

55 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

and as a extra, i could design three chassis, a XL, a L, and a M.

What if some people don't have the parts?

2 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

What if some people don't have the parts?

There could be a fourth class for self built chassis.

Just now, Offroadcreat1ons said:

I think all of this ( @TechnicRCRacer building a chassis, @Aventador2004 discussing hosting) is a bit premature, before we have all the rules set up. I think we should take it a bit slower, just one step at a time.

Right, this is still a disscusion.

Too many cooks spoil the broth! Haha! Even I'm adding salt!

Thanks for the pole @Zero (Zblj)

Regardless of the building rules, on the testing track side of things my thoughts are, that there should be a test for high speed timed over a defined short distance averaged over both ways, one for axceleration timed over the same defined distance averaged both ways, and if people want handling tested, just a circle of defined size, how many laps in a minute for example. This would be the best way to have a satellite competition that isn't a pseudo competition.

i just thought, maybe these rules will be ready for AMS-2 next year. :laugh:

Edited by MangaNOID

@MangaNOID I don't have a track nearby that I can use and I don't know how to measure the speed.

@Offroadcreat1ons I need to make something else for a LEGO event and if this isn't allowed in the contest, it can still be put to good use.

Edited by TechnicRCRacer