SBB CFF FFS RE 460-084

Hi everyone,

inspired by the work made by Bauer Bauer Flickr RE 460 I can finally show you my replica of this Swiss locomotive

re460-001.jpg

re460-002.jpg

re460-003.jpg

re460-004.jpg

re460-005.jpg

re460-006.jpg

re460-007.jpg

As usual I added lights to distinguish my model. :wink:

re460-008.jpg

re460-009.jpg

re460-010.jpg

re460-011.jpg

The idea came looking at the convoys passing the nearby station in Chiasso :classic:

re460-012.jpg

re460-013.jpg

re460-014.jpg

re460-015.jpg

re460-016.jpg

re460-016.jpg

re460-017.jpg

re460-018.jpg

re460-019.jpg

re460-020.jpg

re460-021.jpg

re460-022.jpg

re460-024.jpg

re460-025.jpg

Bye

My next project will concern three new German locomotives ... an electric, a diesel and a steam model ...stay tuned! :wink:

Hello,

I realy like your engine, you definitely got the shape of that thing.

There are some minor things I wonder about:

Your pantographs are v-shaped at the upper part while the original seems to be single-armed.

Colour of the lower body part is black instead of dark grey.

And finaly that lights are shining trough on the front bricks.

Sorry, I am german by origin, so I have to apologize for beeing such a nickpicker ?

But anyway, lights are a great thing on trains and are always an eyecatcher on exhibitions. I have had similar problems in the past and maybe you can fix this translucency by applicating some kind of tape on the inner side of the bricks?!

However, a great build. I would realy like to see a video of this driving, maybe combined with this great looking passenger-cars?

Tante grazie for showing.

Regards

P.S. I love that you build it 6-wide

Edited by BrickMusher

4 hours ago, BrickMusher said:

I realy like your engine, you definitely got the shape of that thing.

There are some minor things I wonder about:

Your pantographs are v-shaped at the upper part while the original seems to be single-armed.

Colour of the lower body part is black instead of dark grey.

And finaly that lights are shining trough on the front bricks.

Hi BrickMusher,

you're right about the pantographs, I've notice that only now :sceptic:

The lower part of the locomotive is black because there aren't motor decorative sides in dark gray

The lights are shining but I can arrange a solution with some black foam ...thanks for your hints! :thumbup:

Excellent model. Briefly, everything is proportional. Very interested in cars to locomotive, the edge of which is visible in the photo. Excellent detailed embodiment, beautiful stickers. I look forward to the models of the German rolling stock. Italian locomotives and locomotives you have already collected everything? :laugh: Suddenly, even before the Russian locomotives, your interest in their modeling will reach.:wink:

Very nice 6-wide rendition, good take on the shape and nice photos for comparison!

I'm not German, but I can't help that I found a missing C in the models sticker where it says "Geshleppt" ... must be "Geschleppt" instead :laugh:

Lovely loco there. It could almost have been designed to be recreated in bricks. Nice too that it's just 6-wide. Great job on the stickers too. :classic:

On 28/5/2017 at 6:47 PM, Nemo57 said:

I look forward to the models of the German rolling stock. Italian locomotives and locomotives you have already collected everything? :laugh: Suddenly, even before the Russian locomotives, your interest in their modeling will reach.:wink:

You're right ... after my next German tour I want to pick locomotives from other European countries ... but I don't want to reveal anything for now :wink:

7 hours ago, Capparezza said:

I'm not German, but I can't help that I found a missing C in the models sticker where it says "Geshleppt" ... must be "Geschleppt" instead :laugh:

Noooo ...another mistake :grin: ...thanks fot the info!

3 hours ago, Hod Carrier said:

Lovely loco there. It could almost have been designed to be recreated in bricks. Nice too that it's just 6-wide. Great job on the stickers too. :classic:

1 hour ago, 112123 said:

Very high degree of reduction

Thanks you guys! :thumbup:

Is there any way you could replace all those slopes on the roof with these? Would look more accurate based on the pictures. Maybe put them at an angle with a hinge.

61409.png

It looks like you need to cover the wheels halfway too. Could you maybe use this and a long tile?

99781.t1.png

Edited by Henchmen4Hire

11 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

Noooo ...another mistake :grin: ...thanks fot the info!

Haha, no worries :laugh: You have to be either German or very picky to see it... Looking forward to your next creations, your Locos are very inspiring!

20 hours ago, Henchmen4Hire said:

It looks like you need to cover the wheels halfway too. Could you maybe use this and a long tile?

99781.t1.png

It would be agreat see the wheels half covered but I can't figure out how to do

14 hours ago, Capparezza said:

Haha, no worries :laugh: You have to be either German or very picky to see it... Looking forward to your next creations, your Locos are very inspiring!

No worries for me ...just fun  :laugh: ...thanks for compliments!

9 hours ago, baard said:

Nice loco1

We have a few of these in Norway With a sligth twist in the livery, although they are also red. Nice solution to the hard corners on top. Maybe the New 1x1 quadruple convex part in flat silver could be used?

Thanks!

For the new piece it would be great a double convex slope :classic:

On 31 maggio 2017 at 9:35 PM, Henchmen4Hire said:

Not sure how train pieces are built, but something like this maybe? It's just 3 [bricks with stud on side]

But this solution doesn't work for the bogie with motor ...or am I wrong?

15 hours ago, LEGO Train 12 Volts said:

But this solution doesn't work for the bogie with motor ...or am I wrong?

I do not think that solution will work for the train motor.  It only has studs on the ends.

Hi LT12V!

What a beauty - as expected. Sorry, but it is as it is: A post from you means: Wonderful ideas, models, solutions ... and perfect soldering!

Now with respect to "covering" the wheels of a 9V train motor: I tried this some time ago:

bogie.jpg 

Could that work for you? The assembly needs two studs more width - on the other hand you are using the inverted slopes for the center section. This could save one stud ...

But that's not the point: I like you model very much!

All the best
Thorsten

21 hours ago, Toastie said:

Could that work for you? The assembly needs two studs more width - on the other hand you are using the inverted slopes for the center section. This could save one stud

...But that's not the point: I like you model very much!

All the best
Thorsten

Hi Thorsten,

this is a beautiful solution ...and thanks for your kind words! :blush: