Roebuck

Latest news about Lego animal moulds

The last round also had a lot of fun and interesting guesses, some even got it right as well!

The only one to guess rabbit as the next animal mould and winner of round 2 was @Actor Builder :classic:

2017 have been a very good year so far with new animal moulds so let's see what Lego and round 3 will bring :excited:

Guess what animal will be the next to have the honour of becoming a Lego mould :monkey:

You may also give a second guess on what existing animal mould will be the next to get a new colour and in which colour..

The rules:

-Only minifig scale animals count, not mini-dolls, Duplo etc..

-Only "normal" animals take part, e.g the latest robot shark in agents, dragons or teddy bears doesn't count.

-It doesn't matter which Lego series that release the mould as long as it is in minifig scale.

-If Lego make a improved mould of a old animal that will only count in the second guessing category, e.g. the new horse in 2012.

Let the game begin :wink:

1. My guess is that the next animal mould will be a Hammerhead shark

2. And that the lobster will get a blue colour :tongue:

My guesses:

-The new mould will be a pufferfish.

-The goat will get a new colour.

:classic:

I had forgotten I had even participated in the last round. What a fun surprise.

For this next one... I'm thinkin' turtle. A big ol' little happy turtle buddy boy, ready to swim and play.

- with Ninjago Movie coming, I'd say a hammerhead shark.

- the cobra from CMF in dark red

Edited by notpennysboat

hmm ... I think the most likely recolour is a brown or grey rabbit.

New mould? Sheep and hammerhead shark are long overdue and would seem most likely. Tropical / southern animals are so far underrepresented in minifig style though... so toucan? turtle? koala?

On 29.5.2017 at 3:45 PM, dyntar said:

Awesome :D. Now I just have to find a way to get the tigers in bulk :sweet:

I found a way, but those babies are not cheap *huh*

Used almost 2000 vip point on a order to bricks and pieces earlier today :sick:

I paid in NOK, but I convert the prices to $ so it is easier for you guys :wink:

-5 tigers, 5,8$ per piece

-5 leopards, 5,7$ per piece

-5 black leopards, 4,92$ per piece

-5 city dolphins, 2,66$ per piece

Tried to buy some lobsters also, but they could not sell them now because it was a licensed piece :wacko: Hope that will change since it is in at least 2 normal sets this year, but do not know the licensed pieces rules..

I'm guessing ( hoping for )  a kangaroo for a new mold.

and a recolored monkey  ( for city, jungle theme ) 

On 2/6/2017 at 8:10 PM, Roebuck said:

I paid in NOK, but I convert the prices to $ so it is easier for you guys :wink:

Tried to buy some lobsters also, but they could not sell them now because it was a licensed piece :wacko: Hope that will change since it is in at least 2 normal sets this year, but do not know the licensed pieces rules..

How did you get them? All of them are sold out in Bricks and Pieces :cry_sad: Lucky you!

10 hours ago, Litos said:

How did you get them? All of them are sold out in Bricks and Pieces :cry_sad: Lucky you!

You can call up the order, up to 16 different pieces and up to 200 a piece :wink:

The big cats are not in storage, but I ordered them so I get them in the end of the month when they arrive (almost like back-ordering a set) :sweet:

1 hour ago, Roebuck said:

You can call up the order, up to 16 different pieces and up to 200 a piece :wink:

The big cats are not in storage, but I ordered them so I get them in the end of the month when they arrive (almost like back-ordering a set) :sweet:

I dind't know one could do that. Thank you very much :classic:!

Coming back to the topic of animal moulds, how different is the new dolphin mould from the Friends one?

I guess someone have both so they can give a better answer, but from what I can see on pictures; if you look past the stupid doll-eyes the friends one have less details and a more "round" finish to all parts. The city one look more realistic, but I bet they would have used the city one in friends sets if that one came out first. Since friends sometimes use minifig animals, but luckily not the other way around :tongue:

Hopefully some pictures with both types will show up soon :classic:

On 2 June 2017 at 7:10 PM, Roebuck said:

WAIT A SECOND -- New Pieces out on B&P's?!?!?!

On 4 June 2017 at 7:14 AM, Roebuck said:

Never mind just read this. So they will be in at the end of the month? Awesome!

Edited by J4ck

With all of the dog love that Lego has shown, I'm going to guess another dog - maybe a bigger dog like a St. Bernard or Burmese Mountain Dog.

(Although I'd love a sheep, too - preferably with a Shepherdess minifigure ... and love the turtle suggestion, too!)

As for recolor .. maybe a more "minifigured" version of the Friends' seal? I'd like that.

I'm going to go with a big cat theme. -

New Mold will be a Lion, [although it will probably just be a new head ]

The re colour will be the big cat as a lioness.

From what I can see the new ninjogo city set has the crab in a new color! So far it is a very disappointing line animalwise, with only a new color for the fish and crab, when the bad guys has a fish theme:wacko:

On 22 June 2017 at 7:22 AM, Roebuck said:

From what I can see the new ninjogo city set has the crab in a new color! So far it is a very disappointing line animalwise, with only a new color for the fish and crab, when the bad guys has a fish theme:wacko:

Also, will have to wait and see but, I think that at least the angler fish 'headpiece' looks like it might also work as a standalone fish 

13 hours ago, williejm said:

Also, will have to wait and see but, I think that at least the angler fish 'headpiece' looks like it might also work as a standalone fish 

I thought the bad guys would have animal companions. :cry_sad:

I'll go with sheep and recoloured rabbit.

Sadly though I can't really see many new animals appearing for some time. The most likely source of new animals is through collectible minifigs but it seems the next few series will be licensed or the costumed characters, which I feel may limit the chances of newly moulded accessories and characters with a corresponding animal (e.g. Australian & Koala or amazon Explorer & Toucan...). Plus this year's City sets have given us the Jungle theme so I'm not sure 2018 will see 'City' sets visit locations outside the City where more animals are likely as Lego seem reluctant to bring a zoo subtheme.

Such a shame Lego doesn't produce a far wider range of animals - I'm really hoping for a sea lion, toucan, sloth, tortoise, koala, zebra, beaver, new elephant, flamingo, giraffe, hippo, capybara, kangaroo, lemur and rhino. There seems even less chance of getting a family of animals with male, female and young. Would love to see an annual set containing two or three new animals each time.

Edited by lifeinplastic

On 24.6.2017 at 8:22 PM, williejm said:

Well, now you're grasping at straws :wink: I think the "octopus" may work better, but to me only a proper animal mould counts..

19 hours ago, lifeinplastic said:

I'll go with sheep and recoloured rabbit.

Sadly though I can't really see many new animals appearing for some time. The most likely source of new animals is through collectible minifigs but it seems the next few series will be licensed or the costumed characters, which I feel may limit the chances of newly moulded accessories and characters with a corresponding animal (e.g. Australian & Koala or amazon Explorer & Toucan...). Plus this year's City sets have given us the Jungle theme so I'm not sure 2018 will see 'City' sets visit locations outside the City where more animals are likely as Lego seem reluctant to bring a zoo subtheme.

Such a shame Lego doesn't produce a far wider range of animals - I'm really hoping for a sea lion, toucan, sloth, tortoise, koala, zebra, beaver, new elephant, flamingo, giraffe, hippo, capybara, kangaroo, lemur and rhino. There seems even less chance of getting a family of animals with male, female and young. Would love to see an annual set containing two or three new animals each time.

I agree, but 2017 have been a good year for animal moulds and I hope Lego will follow up in the years to come :classic: Even tough they do not give us a zoo sub-theme I hope the farm sub-theme can make a fabulous return soon!
In addition the "Fun on the/in the" series could turn out to be a even better source for new animals than CMF, so I have high hopes for next year :thumbup:

I guess they next animal mould will be a turtle. I think the recent divers theme didn't introduce any animal mould, which was disappointing. Also, at some point I'd expect a huge whale mould, similar to the huge dinosaurs they have done for Dino 2012 or Jurassic World

The next recolor, I'd say a new version of the S16 dog mould seems likely

I wonder if LEGO will sell at some point "animal battle packs",

Something like this but with animals instead

Image result for lego castle battle pack

Like there could be a a farmer themed pack (goat, pig and 3 chickens) or a snow themed one (polar bear, husky and 3 penguins) or a jungle themed pack (leopard, monkey and 3 parrots)