Sign in to follow this  
Aventador2004

Project Air Pocket (WIP) [gearbox installed]

current: the bodywork was the downfall of this car, i do better with gaps and holes. the chassis is my strong point, bodywork is not my strong point with legos. dont expect an update for a few days. this car will not have instructions. sorry i disappoint this time, this next car i have good experience with the bodywork for.

IMG_2183.JPG

IMG_2186.JPG

IMG_2195.JPG

a insight: this is not my only project...... le mans... prototype...... power functions.....

concept: Air Pocket

this is my project i have been working on the last 2 days, project Air Pocket. the aim of my current project is to make the most light, easy to make, simple, and durable car i can. the current car has a simple Rwd, hog, setup. those work fine, but not enough. the plan is to finish before the 24h le mans race, or on that day (17–18 June 2017) as a car to celebrate.

some photos..

IMG_1968.JPG

IMG_1988.JPG

suicide doors.. for now..IMG_1973.JPG

underbody.

IMG_1976.JPG

it is not final of course, just a test chassis. color vomit is there on inside as much as possible.

Edited by Aventador2004

Okay, form my observing eye (:wink:) I can see a few starter pointers. 

-add flex axle wheel arches, which will bring the body together much more. 

-make the interior (Except the seats) All one color, (Black would look good.) 

-Make the seats all one color, and consider using [panels to make then rounder, like those in the Porsche. Or like these from the Icarus by madocca. 

madocca%20supercar%20seat.png

-move the dashboard towards the front of the car, and rebuild it.  try to make it as smooth as this lambo interior. 

2015-Lamborghini-Veneno-Roadster-Supercar-5.jpg

You can take ideas from my green raid buggy interior if you like- 

800x533.jpg

-try to solidify the body by using panels to fill in the gaps, and add doors. (I see you have a sort of Bugatti style arch going on near the door, you could make the roof run smooth with that line down to the dashboard + windshield.) 

-try to redesign the front a bit, maybe you could remove the upper 5 long white lift arm in the center, then run axles up from the lower one to make a Bugatti or Aston martin shaped grill. 

-Add some more overhang to the rear, enough to cover up the wheels and give  the (upcoming :wink: ) wheel arches somewhere to secure to. 

These are just some ideas, keep building! 

30 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Okay, form my observing eye (:wink:) I can see a few starter pointers. 

1)-add flex axle wheel arches, which will bring the body together much more. 

2)-make the interior (Except the seats) All one color, (Black would look good.) 

3)-Make the seats all one color, and consider using [panels to make then rounder, like those in the Porsche. Or like these from the Icarus by madocca. 

4)-move the dashboard towards the front of the car, and rebuild it.  try to make it as smooth as this lambo interior. 

5)-try to solidify the body by using panels to fill in the gaps, and add doors. (I see you have a sort of Bugatti style arch going on near the door, you could make the roof run smooth with that line down to the dashboard + windshield.) 

6)try to redesign the front a bit, maybe you could remove the upper 5 long white lift arm in the center, then run axles up from the lower one to make a Bugatti or Aston martin shaped grill. 

7)-Add some more overhang to the rear, enough to cover up the wheels and give  the (upcoming :wink: ) wheel arches somewhere to secure to. 

These are just some ideas, keep building! 

1, sure, kind of decided to scrap the front halfway through it, it will be much different later on.

2, I decided after, while building, to make a white interior, and it is much farther back now.

3, maybe, but I will probably stay with them for now.

4, done, it is 3 studs further back, and much better.

5, still working on that, I wanted the weight of a body on the car, so it is semi sloppy.

6, front is going to be changed definitely, I have a aggressive idea in mind.

7, halfway I thought of maybe leaving the car open wheel, not anymore, unless it seems to work.

The chassis has just completely been redesigned.

IMG_1995.JPG

IMG_1996.JPG

1920x1440.jpg

How is it?

Edited by Aventador2004
Typo

7 hours ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

Looking good!

Thanks, my second version is usually better with more functions.

UPDATE: new body work, still thinking about making open wheel, i will probably save that as the second project. the cars's features work flawlessly, and without much force. it has...

1. hog steering, working very well with force of a toddler (when down on ground) and feather light in air.

2. cockpit steer, very good, needs a bit of steering securing work.

3. engine, works perfectly, with little friction.

4. doors, fine, need to be full gull wing with lift system.

To be done:

1. new doors, i want to use a door lock, and gull or scissor doors.

2. hand brake, i have a idea using a clutch gearbox setup.

3 gearbox, a 2 speed would suffice for me, easy for me to make and small.

4. motors easily installed, a bonus if well done.

5. new wing, adjustable.

new version 2.0 :

IMG_2007.JPG

IMG_2014.JPG

doors.

IMG_2024.JPG

IMG_2031.JPG

wheel, what do you think?

39 minutes ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

SWEET! I can't wait until this is done! How are you going to add headlights and taillights? That is the part that I am worst at:grin:

Thanks! , at the end I will add a battery area for lights, and tail lights that I made with system transparent parts.

Edited by Aventador2004

UPDATE: new version with two speed + n+ p. the parking is done mechanically. the lever push on a gear to stop and ratchet it.

To do:

1. add rear wing adjustment, using LA.

2. doors, worm+ gull wing.

3. body, aggressive.

4. hood+ storage, a trunk.

5. lights, and led area bonus.

Done:

1. hog+ steering wheel.

2. engine.

3. gearbox, 2 speed.

4. park brake, not optimized.

5. suspension, double wishbone.

6. differential.

11 functions so far! maybe more if i find another to add.

chassis 3.2:

IMG_2046.JPG

IMG_2047.JPG

console.

IMG_2051.JPG

handbrake not installed here.

IMG_2056.JPG

self engineered 2 speed, my first good working gearbox! it was 2 speed for a low middle console and a manual lever.

IMG_2058.JPG

handbrake stopper.

what do you think i should change?

This thing is epic so far! Redoing the bodywork again? This is much better than I could build as I can't manage to stay on a large project for very long!

I love idea of suicide doors :wub: , but I think steering wheel is to small. Perhaps you can make some F1 style steering wheel since model is dedicated to 24 Hours of Le Mans Race?

All in all very interesting project :thumbup:

Edited by I_Igor

7 hours ago, TechnicRCRacer said:

This thing is epic so far! Redoing the bodywork again? This is much better than I could build as I can't manage to stay on a large project for very long!

I try to refine with the car when I can, and I will get bursts of ideas, like the gearbox. I may not redesign the body, just redoing the chassis underneath intill I think it is good, and after that, a rc version.

5 hours ago, I_Igor said:

I love idea of suicide doors :wub: , but I think steering wheel is to small. Perhaps you can make some F1 style steering wheel since model is dedicated to 24 Hours of Le Mans Race?

All in all very interesting project :thumbup:

Thanks, the steering wheel is a easy change, I don't have the 8880 steering wheel yet, so I use a big pulley wheel sometimes. The Ie mans style wheel I can do, and add hydraulic lift jacks when my pneumatics arrive.

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

I try to refine with the car when I can, and I will get bursts of ideas, like the gearbox. I may not redesign the body, just redoing the chassis underneath intill I think it is good, and after that, a rc version.

Thanks, the steering wheel is a easy change, I don't have the 8880 steering wheel yet, so I use a big pulley wheel sometimes. The Ie mans style wheel I can do, and add hydraulic lift jacks when my pneumatics arrive.

I understad. That is logical explanation

2 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

I already got a wheel idea, so i will we what fits.

:thumbup:

Small update: 

I integrated a parking brake into the gearbox channel, and the gearbox is 8x7 studs with supports.

3 hours ago, Aventador2004 said:

Small update: 

I integrated a parking brake into the gearbox channel, and the gearbox is 8x7 studs with supports.

Hope that pictures will be published soon :classic:

4 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Hope that pictures will be published soon :classic:

A few minutes, I am redoing the colors. 

Just now, Aventador2004 said:

A few minutes, I am redoing the colors. 

I will certanly survive next few minutes to see it :laugh:, so take your time

my current progress on the transmission @I_Igor

IMG_2062.JPG

IMG_2063.JPG

sloppily done stickers, sorry. it is in drive.

IMG_2064.JPG

in park.

IMG_2067.JPG

drive.

IMG_2070.JPG

in park, with a gearbox integration system i predesignated for this gearbox.

it has backlash, or a little area of roll, but otherwise, there is no slip. it works perfectly IMO.

Edited by Aventador2004

2 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

my current progress on the transmission @I_Igor

sloppily done stickers, sorry. it is in drive.

in park.

drive.

in park, with a gearbox integration system i predesignated for this gearbox.

it has backlash, or a little area of roll, but otherwise, there is no slip. it works perfectly IMO.

Nice and (IMHO) simple solution :thumbup: and do not worry about stickers.

...it reminds me that I plan another project in the future that will include one special supercar, but that is something for future (in few years because I need some panels in color not available at the moment...)

25 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Nice and (IMHO) simple solution :thumbup: and do not worry about stickers.

...it reminds me that I plan another project in the future that will include one special supercar, but that is something for future (in few years because I need some panels in color not available at the moment...)

Feel free to use it, (with credit to me :grin:) i don't mind. The goal was to be as low, and simple as possible.

52 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Feel free to use it, (with credit to me :grin:) i don't mind. The goal was to be as low, and simple as possible.

Model that is in my future plan has gearbox exactly like 8448 set, but I'll make studless version... Similarities with your model are rear longitudional engine and rear wheel drive...

Thank you for permission :classic:

12 minutes ago, I_Igor said:

Model that is in my future plan has gearbox exactly like 8448 set, but I'll make studless version... Similarities with your model are rear longitudional engine and rear wheel drive...

Thank you for permission :classic:

No problem, I didn't put in a four speed for a few reasons: lowness, shifter and brake in mid console, and not wanting to put it in the back with a high engine like a lot of other cars.