sigpro

[GBW] - Troop Movement - EROTEMA - Picnic and SAM launch test

GRID E4, a forest close to the border with Briolui.

In order to test a new medium range AAA tank, a launch test has been scheduled. First, a two-man team has to choose a good launch site.

34779159561_fd8bfcf321_z.jpg1 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

But, as they have plenty of time, why not light a fire to cook something?

34523871360_a29e603048_c.jpg2 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

They are in the middle of cooking a potato omelette -"tortilla de patata"- when the AAA tank arrives.

34779154611_85f876a108_c.jpg3 bis by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

As you see, it shares the same hull as the already known SPH. This is an 8-missile SAM, using a large dish radar to detect incoming aircraft, launch an active homing missile and switch it off. This prevents the use of HARM weapons against it (Highspeed Anti Radiation Missiles), used to take down radar-guided SAM sites.

34523866490_e7a9b7a424_c.jpg3 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

They are relaxed as they enjoy the picnic. Croissants, bananas, potato omelette...what else? Even a siesta? Why not?

34523870230_1cb7041cc5_c.jpg4 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

But this is the Army! No time for siesta or relax! Only a few minutes went by and they received a message, the probe droid to test the SAM site was flying, so they had to man the AAA tank and launch a missile!

34779152761_c5efea6504_z.jpg5 bis by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

34779156771_8d5f46ef71_c.jpg5 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

But they are good servicemen and are able to launch without delay.

34523868310_8fa311f9b2_z.jpg6 bis by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

34523865490_5769160c92_z.jpg6 by green helmet spanish AFOL, en Flickr

Enjoy!

Edited by sigpro

Well, for my armoured units I decided to design a common hull and, with few changes, have tanks, howitzers, AAA, engineer vehicles, armoured ambulances...the options are endless.

This is common around the world. The Israeli Army has several vehicles sharing the same hull: the Merkava tank itself, the Merkava howitzer and the APC. Same with the Leopard 2 mbt and the bridge launcher.

Hope you like it!

9 hours ago, sigpro said:

Well, for my armoured units I decided to design a common hull and, with few changes, have tanks, howitzers, AAA, engineer vehicles, armoured ambulances...the options are endless.

Smart!

You've Been Awarded (2) Point(s):

Judges Comments (not all judges comment):

The baseplate layout is very similar to your campaign build which looks like you may have just moved some terrain pieces around. Try to be a little more original with each build. The design for the SAM is nicely done. Having a modular chassis to allow multiple vehicles to span over your different build settings is a good plan.     

Good job with the vehicles, I like the versatility.  the open jungle plan is nice, but maybe add a bit more vegetation.  Watch those dark spots with photos!

You can Update your AAR Post with your points to keep track.

Thanks for Playing!