Garmadon

Training Camp... (Age of Mitgardia Barracks Phase II)

It was a nice, bright morning in the open spot where Barnaby's outlaw band had decided to set up training camp.  Barnaby himself (the fellow leaping up with the axe in front) was an expert at every sort of thing which was against the law in Mitgardia - from smuggling Kaliphlinian oil to old grandma's who made a point of only buying goods that hadn't been taxed, to relieving rich travelling peps of a bit of extra cash, to cheating in every contest and challenge he entered...

34742186361_7dfd10c7d8_z.jpg

Over time, Barnaby had gathered together a fairly good sized group of fellow rascals - but, as his band had a bad habit of bumbling every job they went on, he had decided it was time to take them in hand and make sure they got some adequate training in the rudiments of successful outlawry.  So here goes for - 

Tips on how to become a great Mitgardian Outlaw! - or perhaps better titled, Why you shouldn't bring a lance to a joust with a sneaky Mitgardian outlaw (at least not just a lance!)...

34873770765_27ea66ab59_z.jpg

34833892706_11f0f7de56_z.jpg

First, of course - like we just said, never bring a lance to the lists against a fellow outlaw!

34742241681_35bbd6d17e_z.jpg

Next, always carry an extra (concealed, and probably un-allowed) weapon!

34873746575_e84725d9f2_z.jpg

Eat and laugh (though probably not at the same time...) - both are way more healthy than you'd think!  (Disclaimer: if you're on the run, don't keep your eyes shut while laughing longer than you have to...)

34487381150_5a67f6f21b_z.jpg

Always keep an eye on the weapons...

34710231982_6c92492e36_z.jpg

And on the gold.

34030478704_b1037ef8d4_z.jpg

And of course, always cheat!

Just a quick build to introduce some new characters which I mean to keep using, hopefully - a kind of Mitgardian version of a group of forestmen (since we're not tree-huggers, you know!) and for the second round of the LCBTC.  Overall it didn't end up quite as I'd envisioned it, but I'm fairly happy with the result - not nearly my best, but pretty good for the short amount of time I allowed myself for it!

A lot of design credits to hand out here, too!  The tree on the right is based on Joeri Ridder's great design, that on the left by some of SK's, and the rabbit is definitely inspired by Balbo's great rabbit design (though somewhat modified with the peg instead of the faun's leg - mostly because I'm simply not in possession of one of those, haha!)

34487343260_200ec68bb9_z.jpg

And I'll leave you with a final figless overview:

34487303550_90015524b7_z.jpg

Anyhow, thanks for viewing, C&C are welcome! :classic:

Neat build here Garmadon, great humor! :laugh:  Some very nice trees too, and I love all the activity going on! :thumbup: 

Very nice build Garm!

Though the brigh green seems a bit too, well, bright, for the snowy environment, I really like the landscaping :thumbup: 

Also very cool are the little det&ails, like these three spears tanding up in the snow. I can almost see the cauldron with soup hanging there! :wink: 

A very nice, action-packed snowscape! The fig posing is great, and I like the trees, especially the big one on the far left. 

Cute snowy scene Garmadon, nice one there, cute rabbit :)

On 5/26/2017 at 4:30 PM, Kai NRG said:

Neat build here Garmadon, great humor! :laugh:  Some very nice trees too, and I love all the activity going on! :thumbup: 

Thanks Kai, glad you like it! :grin: 

On 5/27/2017 at 7:57 AM, TitusV said:

Very nice build Garm!

Though the brigh green seems a bit too, well, bright, for the snowy environment, I really like the landscaping :thumbup: 

Also very cool are the little det&ails, like these three spears tanding up in the snow. I can almost see the cauldron with soup hanging there! :wink: 

Thanks Titus!  And yes, I do agree that there are a few too many colors/textures here, probably, giving it a bit of a confused feel... the little details were a lot of fun to add, though! :classic:

On 5/27/2017 at 3:39 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Pretty clever, this build.

I like all the different minifig scenes - and the notion that we should eat and laugh :grin:

:laugh: Thanks Captain B!

On 5/27/2017 at 8:39 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

A very nice, action-packed snowscape! The fig posing is great, and I like the trees, especially the big one on the far left. 

Thanks Henjin!  Figured I ought to get some use out of those awesome orange leaves! :grin: 

On 5/28/2017 at 1:05 AM, The Maestro said:

I love the snow and the trees are great, it gives off a very nice bandit feel too, all the ruggedness :tongue:

Glad to hear you say so! :laugh:  Thanks mate!

On 5/28/2017 at 0:14 PM, Gunman said:

Cute snowy scene Garmadon, nice one there, cute rabbit :)

Thanks Gunman! :wink:  And yep, I do like that rabbit! :grin: 

Very pretty winter landscape :wub: The various trees, and bits of dark and olive green showing through the snow give some nice color :thumbup:

Great outlaw lessons too :laugh:

Like the others said, very nice build here. The minifigure action is great. Additionally, the trees and other foliage are great additions, and the half melted snow is nice too.

On 5/31/2017 at 8:22 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Very pretty winter landscape :wub: The various trees, and bits of dark and olive green showing through the snow give some nice color :thumbup:

Great outlaw lessons too :laugh:

Thanks SK!  Glad you like them! :laugh:

On 6/5/2017 at 7:31 PM, Brandon Stark said:

Like the others said, very nice build here. The minifigure action is great. Additionally, the trees and other foliage are great additions, and the half melted snow is nice too.

Thank you!  The trans-clear ice/slush was a bit of an experiment (inspired by LJ's), glad you like it!