Sign in to follow this  
Landoman

Building a LEGO room

I'm fortunate enough to have purchased a house which will have a dedicated lego/game room and am in need of help designing it! This post will track my progress through remodeling and construction. Pictures of the room in its current state will be incoming!

First of, what color seems to complement a lego room? The furniture will be (hopefully) white.

Nice, I'd say yellow. :classic:

White. You'll get much better all-round light if you have white walls.

11 hours ago, Landoman said:

I'm fortunate enough to have purchased a house which will have a dedicated lego/game room and am in need of help designing it! This post will track my progress through remodeling and construction. Pictures of the room in its current state will be incoming!

First of, what color seems to complement a lego room? The furniture will be (hopefully) white.

Go with colors and decor you otherwise like. Too much LEGO can get overwhelming. If you use classic/classy design elements then your LEGO will complement it. I like a nice comfortable environment that doesn't distract.

Also there is a topic in the Technic forum "Show us your working place". There are lots of good ideas in the 25 + page topic. Some rooms look kind of messy, some look like warehouses. A little time spent here can help you to decide on design elements for your room...

Andy D

Edited by Andy D

8 hours ago, MAB said:

White. You'll get much better all-round light if you have white walls.

Agreed. It will bounce around light allowing you to see better and most importantly it will make a great photography room!

Thanks for the suggestions, going to go take a peek in the technic forum now! Leaning towards white right now too.

13 hours ago, -zenn said:

Nice, I'd say yellow. :classic:

Seen last year in a store selling paint, materials, etc., cf the color 11:

4c76429711d42b9c2766221f6a0d99f0bf66bff6

("jaune" = "yellow" in French)

For my future Lego room I was thinking light blue, so walls can act as a sky for the Lego city :D

7 hours ago, Andy D said:

Also there is a topic in the Technic forum "Show us your working place". There are lots of good ideas in the 25 + page topic. Some rooms look kind of messy, some look like warehouses. A little time spent here can help you to decide on design elements for your room...

Andy D

Thanks for this link!! I never go into the technic forum and didn't know about this. I have some reading ahead of me!

Landoman, I'll be following this topic as well. I have a dedicated space for my LEGO / Home Theater which is anything but "finished". It will be nice to see what you come up with!

I have a yellow ceiling, half the walls are red, the other half is blue with a black door and white storage shelves and building table. Does the colour scheme sound like a box of Lego.

Light color walls, off white.  This helps out with lighting a lot.

Solid wood or steel building surfaces...plastic gives way over time.

Carpet, even if it's super thin, at least it is something.

Superb lighting.  Spend the money on the good bulbs.  After 5 hours of straight building...old light gray starts to look just like light bley!

Just a few things I have learned over the years...

3 hours ago, Stash2Sixx said:

Carpet, even if it's super thin, at least it is something.

That produces a lot of dust, no?

I don't think so, not for me anyway. If you're going to be on your feet for hours at a time, might as well be comfortable.

If you have carpet make sure it's a colour that doesn't clash to much with your Lego, cos you can be guaranteed that you will drop pieces on to it.

As to color, if you have, or are planning a city layout, I'd go with a light blue, to simulate sky. I think it's a nice added touch. 

5 hours ago, Vindicare said:

As to color, if you have, or are planning a city layout, I'd go with a light blue, to simulate sky. I think it's a nice added touch. 

That's pretty much what I have planned!

On 6/1/2017 at 5:04 PM, Vindicare said:

On 6/1/2017 at 10:40 PM, Boettner Builds said:

That's pretty much what I have planned!

-

Edited by PatRat