Sign in to follow this  
Lancethecat

LEGO Fidget Cube

This ended up being a lot easier to build than I expected, so I decided to make a how-to video:

Any suggestions on how I could improve the design?

I've been looking at these recently.  The idea of building my own is even better.  Thanks for posting the process.  How sturdy is this?

4 hours ago, x105Black said:

I've been looking at these recently.  The idea of building my own is even better.  Thanks for posting the process.  How sturdy is this?

Overall the build is pretty sturdy, but the joystick tends to detach from the cube if you fiddle with it too roughly. This is an easy fix: just replace the two SNOT bricks with an angular plate like this one and two 1x2 plates stacked on top. The wheel also spins better and doesn't come off as easily if you use a gear or a small car wheel instead of a satellite dish.

This is my first how-to video, but I'm planning on releasing at least two more in the near future: one for a fidget spinner and one for a customizeable fidget cube with interchangeable sides. Was the process in this video clear enough, or do you think I should include a list of parts or a step-by-step narration in the next one?