Sign in to follow this  
Capt Wolf

[MCRA] Mardier assault on Weelond rebuffed; Governor injured (now with pictures!)

From the Weelond Herald, May 617...

As reported in the King’s Port Advertiser, elements of the Mardier “Grey” fleet, after being driven from their blockade of Elysabethtown by our Garvian allies, assaulted Weelond for two days earlier this month. As all residents of Weelond know, the Mardierian fleet was no match for our city’s fortifications, which gave back a barrage as good as they got. What our good readers may not know is the role our governor and leader of the MCTC, Willem Guilder, played in the defense.

Gov. Guilder was at Fort Weelond when the Mardier fleet sailed into the bay, and he was quick to organize defensive measures and order returning fire. The defenses were holding well when, alas, a lucky shot from one of the Mardier ships struck near the governor’s position. Initially there were fears that the governor may be mortally wounded.

But have no fear, readers. An excellent surgeon from neighboring Bardo was on hand, and he tended to the governor immediately. Word we have received directly from City Councilman Aaron van der Meede, Governor Guilder’s right-hand man, is that other than the loss of a leg, the governor will be fine.

The editors of the Weelond Herald wish Gov. Guilder a speedy recovery and hope to see him up and about soon.

-----------

Guilder directing the defense of the fort:

02.jpg

The lucky shot hits:

04.jpg

The governor gives final orders before being taken to surgery:

05.jpg

Aaron van der Meede receives an update from the doctor:

06e.jpg

Nice to see that fortress again and excellent forced perspective!

Also, nice looking surgeon. Will we see more of Aaron and less of Guilder going forward?

In any case, all the best wishes for Guilder's recovery.

Love your turrets, Capt Wolf, and great to see more builds inspired by the MRCA results! :thumbup:  Good work giving it to those Mardierians hot, but that's unfortunate about poor Gov. Guilder - well, let's just hope he likes the idea of a peg! :pir-grin:  Quite a nice doctor fig as well, and I really should look into getting some of those ESL troop torsos some time! 

Very nicely done MRCA result build Capt Wolf, great pair of scenes!  Effective use of colors on the floor of the fort!  I feel sorry for Gov. Guilder though, considering that massive saw the doctor is holding...

Nice build! I especially like the explosion and the turret, great choice of minifigs as well.

On 5/25/2017 at 1:06 PM, Captain Braunsfeld said:

Fine build with excellent forced perspective.

Tough luck for the governor, though...

Thanks. I always enjoy building FP MOCs. And the governor will be ok, maybe just a bit rougher around the edges now.

On 5/25/2017 at 2:48 PM, Bregir said:

Nice to see that fortress again and excellent forced perspective!

Also, nice looking surgeon. Will we see more of Aaron and less of Guilder going forward?

In any case, all the best wishes for Guilder's recovery.

Thanks. That fortress interior has a permanent place on my shelf. The exterior shot is a completely different build. The surgeon's torso is from the collectible Monster Scientist.

I think Guilder will be as visible as always once he recovers, but I am trying to get Aaron into play more. I haven't been able to use him quite the way I want to yet. I'm trying to refocus on telling more stories as we enter Era II.

On 5/25/2017 at 3:09 PM, Garmadon said:

Love your turrets, Capt Wolf, and great to see more builds inspired by the MRCA results! :thumbup:  Good work giving it to those Mardierians hot, but that's unfortunate about poor Gov. Guilder - well, let's just hope he likes the idea of a peg! :pir-grin:  Quite a nice doctor fig as well, and I really should look into getting some of those ESL troop torsos some time! 

Thanks. And here's the thing about Guilder's accident: I always figured he'd have some sort of accident like this eventually. I've had the idea of giving him a peg leg for some time; I just needed the right opportunity. Guilder needs to evolve into someone a bit crustier, and this seemed like a good way to push him in that direction.

On 5/25/2017 at 5:09 PM, Kai NRG said:

Very nicely done MRCA result build Capt Wolf, great pair of scenes!  Effective use of colors on the floor of the fort!  I feel sorry for Gov. Guilder though, considering that massive saw the doctor is holding...

Thanks. I haven't done as many MRCA result builds as I would like, so I'm trying to get back to storytelling. And I do like how the colors of the fort floor came out. Any time I can go to pictures of the real thing for inspiration, my builds benefit, and this is one of those times. And Guilder will be ok, but yes, that saw is scary! :pir-oh:

On 5/25/2017 at 6:48 PM, Bodi said:

Nice build! I especially like the explosion and the turret, great choice of minifigs as well.

Thank you. The explosion was an experiment. I think it was a good first attempt, and I have some ideas for how to expand on it when needed in future builds. And that turret is the main reason that MOC is still in one piece! :pir-grin:

I will remember only one picture... the last one which is brilliant (with it's annotation !)

On 25/05/2017 at 4:56 PM, Capt Wolf said:

Aaron van der Meede receives an update from the doctor:

06e.jpg

the bartizan is incomparable ! (really good !!! wow !!)

Honestly I wouldn't like to be in the governor's shoes... even in seeing the doctor I probably should say shoe! :pir-look:

Great foretress and excellent forced perspective!!! I'd love to see the whole building :sweet:

Upon hearing the news about Governor Guilders horrible injury. from Pontelli and Weelond, Colonel Oystridge woke from his slumber, and a fire lit in his dormant chest. A vein throbbed in his forehead as he wrote a letter to the Weelond Herald in reply to the new insights.

"It is so relieving to read unbiased papers finally! The pernicious Kings Port Advertiser have done enough harm. How can we make up our minds when we can't even trust the news? Let the truth be heard, told by various sources. Be that Weelond Herald, Pontelli Daily, or any other accountants of history that are committed to seeing the whole painting. Strip away the lies, and the truth remains. We need town criers in all cities of the known world to tell our view on the stories told. Bardo will show it's support, for reports that accurately depicts the events as they unfolded, by funding a town squire, to inform all the people. Not only the few in charge that have the perks of literacy. I implores every settlement to employ town criers, obliged to letting all views be heard.

I hope our city surgeon managed to save the soul essence of Governor Guilder, and that his experience did not mess with his headspace. Since the surgeon already know the specifics of Governor Guilders injuries, I think it best if the surgeon remains and opens an office in Weelond. Bardo will find someone to fill his position here".