Ageven Deraim is famous for his good cheer, and his good chef, Chef Délicieux.  And today, the Chef is busy carving up an extra-grand and delicious meal!

34741789361_bda40570b0.jpg

Many hands make light work, right?  Or is it too many cooks spoiling the broth?  Hmm...

34709750972_cce0e0865a.jpg

34833534466_aaf0e329f3.jpg

Someone is having trouble with the sausages it would seem...

34833589786_9c4fc5a778.jpg

But as always, Chef Délicieux is calm, cool, collected, and totally focused!

34062689733_19646483f9.jpg

Before building this kitchen I did a quick Google search and got plenty of inspiration!

34873337085_a0f3592ac8.jpg

More pictures on my blog here!

This was built both for the LCBTC second round and also for the Summer Joust.  I always enjoy building kitchens or other food-related builds, so that was definitely fun!  I had LittleJohn's recent (well, not so very recent) kitchen in mind as I built, although, of course, I went with some pretty different colors.  The hardest part was hanging the stuff from the ceiling... tying such tiny knots was painful!

Comments and/or critiques are welcome!

I really enjoyed this kitchen creation, looks well planned and constructed.

Awesome build, Kai! :grin: :laugh:  Great job packing out the scene and filling it with awesome little details (like all the stuff hanging down from the hooks and ceiling!), and that floor technique is excellent as well! :thumbup:  Splendid work overall (especially for how much time you left youself :tongue:), and you've definitely nailed the castle kitchen feel!

Looks delicious! Very good photographing (with a good portion of humour, always welcome!:classic:) and some lovely, very detailed building. Really neat. The Icing of the cake is the floor, which is really amazing: those cracks! :thumbup:

Excellent work, Kai! It looks great. My favorite detail is the bucket handles stuck into the bottom of 1x2 bricks to be used as drawers, though there are so many other little things to notice. The pain of tying up those items to hang from the ceiling was worth it, as it creates a lovely effect. The shield as a serving tray is also nice. Keep it up!

Great work, so much to see in a tiny space! I really like the rock part you've used above the stove and the hood used as a basket is a very nice touch!

Well, the architecture is great and the many minifigs make for such a lively feeling, I would like to work there myself.

I got nothing to remark on this one Kai, just an awesoem build overall :thumbup: 

On 5/25/2017 at 10:35 AM, Nerd-with-a-Pencil said:

Nice work! You definitely managed to create that air of "controlled chaos" . On a side note, I love how you made those knife racks.

Thank you!

On 5/25/2017 at 11:40 AM, Niku said:

I really enjoyed this kitchen creation, looks well planned and constructed.

Thanks Niku!  Well, I didn't spend too much time planning, to be honest... :grin:

On 5/25/2017 at 11:49 AM, Garmadon said:

Awesome build, Kai! :grin: :laugh:  Great job packing out the scene and filling it with awesome little details (like all the stuff hanging down from the hooks and ceiling!), and that floor technique is excellent as well! :thumbup:  Splendid work overall (especially for how much time you left youself :tongue:), and you've definitely nailed the castle kitchen feel!

Thanks!  True, true, starting a day earlier might have been a good idea... but all's well that ends well, right? :laugh:

On 5/25/2017 at 0:00 PM, Littleworlds said:

Looks delicious! Very good photographing (with a good portion of humour, always welcome!:classic:) and some lovely, very detailed building. Really neat. The Icing of the cake is the floor, which is really amazing: those cracks! :thumbup:

Thank you!  I really like this kind of floor, and once you've got the knack of it it really isn't quite as difficult as one might think!

On 5/25/2017 at 0:51 PM, Henjin_Quilones said:

Excellent work, Kai! It looks great. My favorite detail is the bucket handles stuck into the bottom of 1x2 bricks to be used as drawers, though there are so many other little things to notice. The pain of tying up those items to hang from the ceiling was worth it, as it creates a lovely effect. The shield as a serving tray is also nice. Keep it up!

Thanks Henjin!  I love trying to include all kinds of little details in scenes like this - thanks for taking the time to find them!

On 5/25/2017 at 4:16 PM, Ecclesiastes said:

Great work, so much to see in a tiny space! I really like the rock part you've used above the stove and the hood used as a basket is a very nice touch!

Thanks Ecc!

7 hours ago, TitusV said:

Well, the architecture is great and the many minifigs make for such a lively feeling, I would like to work there myself.

I got nothing to remark on this one Kai, just an awesoem build overall :thumbup: 

Thank you Titus!

17 minutes ago, Captain Braunsfeld said:

This makes me hungry again - nice kitchen!

:grin:  Thanks Captain!

Lots of fun and fitting touches in this kitchen scene! Lovely fireplace, which makes good use of macaroni bricks and that stone texture slope :thumbup:

The various food items, and kitchen utensils fill the build nicely, and I  like the two pillars and chandelier to give more vertical intensest :classic:

Love the floor and so many details of a real bustling kitchen. Also nice to see real life scenes.

Awesome job here, Kai! I love all the details and how you managed to stuff them in such little space :thumbup:

On 5/28/2017 at 1:04 AM, The Maestro said:

Fantastic work on the textures and the level of detail is incredible :thumbup: great use of expressions too. 

Thank you!

On 5/28/2017 at 8:29 AM, soccerkid6 said:

Lots of fun and fitting touches in this kitchen scene! Lovely fireplace, which makes good use of macaroni bricks and that stone texture slope :thumbup:

The various food items, and kitchen utensils fill the build nicely, and I  like the two pillars and chandelier to give more vertical intensest :classic:

Thanks SK!

5 hours ago, Muakhah said:

Love the floor and so many details of a real bustling kitchen. Also nice to see real life scenes.

Thanks Muakhah!

4 hours ago, en_zoo said:

Awesome job here, Kai! I love all the details and how you managed to stuff them in such little space :thumbup:

Thank you!

This is a great build you have here. I really like all the scenes going on with all the minifigure action. The food hanging from the ceiling and the columns are nice additions too.

Fantastic scene, you've really captured the busy atmosphere of a castle kitchen!
My favorite detail is the grill slope used as a knife holder :classic:

On 6/4/2017 at 7:12 PM, Mpyromaxos said:

Very nice scenes! :sweet:

Thank you!

19 hours ago, Brandon Stark said:

This is a great build you have here. I really like all the scenes going on with all the minifigure action. The food hanging from the ceiling and the columns are nice additions too.

Thanks! :classic:

11 minutes ago, Gideon said:

Fantastic scene, you've really captured the busy atmosphere of a castle kitchen!
My favorite detail is the grill slope used as a knife holder :classic:

Thanks Gideon!  That seems to be a popular bit!