Sign in to follow this  
Lego2016Lego

[HELP] How much could I sell my Lego's for?

I am not saying you should sell, but if you need the money, pm me I would be interested in buying what you have for an appropriate price 

Topics like this fit better into the Buy, Sell, Trade and Finds section.

Moving now.

21 minutes ago, LvdH said:

I honestly have no idea. But I'll give you one tip: don't sell it, you'll regret it. 

I want to get into RC but that needs $ so that is why I may sell.

16 minutes ago, aminnich said:

I am not saying you should sell, but if you need the money, pm me I would be interested in buying what you have for an appropriate price 

I may or may or may not sell,l but like Aventador2004 said, is 500ish good? I would include the organizers. (Do you live In the US?)

14 minutes ago, Aventador2004 said:

Around $500-$600 would probably be good, the pf is at least worth $300. 

Thank you.

Edited by Lego2016Lego

Just now, Lego2016Lego said:

1) I want to get into RC but that needs $ so that is why I may sell.

2) I may or may or may not sell but like Aventador2004 said, is 500ish good? (Do you live In the US?)

3) Thank you.

1) I try not to spend to much into lego for money for rc drifting, ( I have a redcat 4wd drift chassis i use daily) make sure to save a little on the side, I got mine for around 140$, and have spent about 70-80$ of replacement parts in it.

2) that should be fair.

3) you think that sounds right?

I would recommend getting on craigslist and 5miles maybe even LetGo to try to find a Used RC, I recently bought a Cen Racing Fun Factor Nitro for a whooping $30, I have spent around $40 fixing the engine and now it only needs fuel and a pull start.

I once sold a lot of stuff a few years back. What I did was the following:

Divide everything in relatively small categories. Panels, wheels, thick beams, thin beams, bricks, plates, gears, electronics, rare parts, whole sets, that stuff. (A lot of this you already did). Then, make a large spreadsheet where for every category, you try to estimate

• number of pieces (you can estimate this by picking a section, say 1/4 or 1/2 of the lot, count that, and multiply your count accordingly to get an approximate total)
  • reasonable average price per piece (youi can esimate this by looking up used sales prices on Bricklink)

Then, multiply the two to get the category's price. Multiply with a factor less than 1 for used, old, might-not-work (old pneumatics, old electronics) to get a final price for that category. Then, add all category prices to get the total.

Also, take good pictures of every category. This you will need to communicate to potential buyers. The better the pictures, the better they can see what they think it's worth. And, of course, as goes without saying, disassemble everything that's not a complete set.

That's concerning the question "what price?". The other question is of course "should I sell at all?". What I did was only sell pieces I didn't use for years. I wouldn't sell things you still use. You might regret it. Buying it all back will (almost surely) be (a lot) more expensive. Instead of selling, consider just not buying anything and see if you lose interest at all. You might discover that you don't want to miss it, or you might discover that indeed you're not using it anymore. When you know that, you can make a better informed decision to sell all, to keep all, or to sell some and keep some.

58 minutes ago, Myers Lego Technic said:

hmm. It is disappointing that you are selling. I might be interested. 

I may sell it to someone else but if I don't I may sell them to you and do you live in the USA?

Edited by Lego2016Lego

Sad to see your selling...But I would happily purchase a few select items from you. I live in Washington State. PM me if you're interested.

And personally, I would keep about 50% of that excellent collection. Just in case. :wink:

Short answer: a LOT! *oh2*

Long answer: $600+, and look the parts up on Bricklink for the best guide to how much you really should sell them for.  

Personally I would try to keep as much as I could by selling the parts I had most of - I your case you should probably start by selling some PF, like battery boxes and XL motors :wink:.

Sign in to follow this